Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT
(06-16-2016, 02:13 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This should the response every time.   We need to drop all the protected classes.   

As if you'd be able to handle no longer being in a protected class. And don't think you're not.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Anti-discrimination laws are simply about working to ensure people are judged on their ability to do the job and nothing else. I never understand those against these laws that are absolutely necessary, even in today's world.

Related to this, any person named in this shooting that survived this incident could be fired by their employer for being gay (or assuming they were due to being in the club) and would have no legal recourse. This is allowable per current federal and Florida law. The law we're talking about would stop things like that. Tell me that the law is a bad thing again.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-16-2016, 07:10 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: As if you'd be able to handle no longer being in a protected class. And don't think you're not.

Yup, because everyone is.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-16-2016, 07:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anti-discrimination laws are simply about working to ensure people are judged on their ability to do the job and nothing else. I never understand those against these laws that are absolutely necessary, even in today's world.

Related to this, any person named in this shooting that survived this incident could be fired by their employer for being gay (or assuming they were due to being in the club) and would have no legal recourse. This is allowable per current federal and Florida law. The law we're talking about would stop things like that. Tell me that the law is a bad thing again.

yeah thats really the worst part about the whole shooting business at the club. People were basically outed once they contacted family  or jobs to say they were in the hospital due to being shot
People suck
(06-16-2016, 12:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and if I kept hiring the white Christian boys that "liked dudes" over other minorities? 

I will defer to your expertise on employment law. 

So far your examples haven't shown any hint of discrimination. When they do, maybe I can begin to understand what point you think you're making.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-16-2016, 01:33 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Somehow I doubt that's not all that was in the amendment, but the all caps was a nice touch.

https://www.congress.gov/amendment/114th-congress/house-amendment/1128/amendments-to-this-amendment
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-16-2016, 01:33 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Somehow I doubt that's not all that was in the amendment, but the all caps was a nice touch.

Copy and past the title to articles.  That is how it was on the website.

Link provided in first post.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-16-2016, 02:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She hired the best guy for her.   Right or wrong the one hiring needs to feel comfortable.   For both their sake and the new employee.   

A former boss hired only hot women (she, herself, was also a hot woman). I was there before she got there. At first I didn't mind as I was one of only two guys, but I transferred out as soon as I could because it quickly got really hard to work there because everyone was inept and unqualified. But the boss felt comfortable.

I was moved back in to clean that office up a few years later and it was a nightmare.

I'm in the middle. I hire people, but at the same time I have to put in for jobs within the company. I've felt like I didn't get a job because someone else was protected, and I've never felt I had to hire anyone because they were protected. But the world is full of inept, petty people who aren't concerned with my department's bottom line or my boss's, they're only worried about how comfortable they feel. I could care less. Hire the best person for the job. It's in everyone's best interest.

(06-16-2016, 07:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anti-discrimination laws are simply about working to ensure people are judged on their ability to do the job and nothing else. I never understand those against these laws that are absolutely necessary, even in today's world.

And that's common sense.

Is this where I get to say; "Because it's the law?"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-16-2016, 10:49 AM)Benton Wrote: A former boss hired only hot women (she, herself, was also a hot woman). I was there before she got there. At first I didn't mind as I was one of only two guys, but I transferred out as soon as I could because it quickly got really hard to work there because everyone was inept and unqualified. But the boss felt comfortable.

I'm sure you were exhausted.
I mean.... trading your writing talents for sex SEEMS like a good idea, at first.
LOL
(06-16-2016, 11:03 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm sure you were exhausted.
I mean.... trading your writing talents for sex SEEMS like a good idea, at first.
LOL

Working there taught me not to get involved with women at work. You go out with one and you're either immediately the worst guy in the world, or everyone else wants to go out with you just to spite the first girl.
(06-16-2016, 10:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Is this where I get to say; "Because it's the law?"

You get to say whatever you like, doesn't mean it makes any sort of logical sense.

(06-16-2016, 12:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Personally I would love to have a gay guy on staff.   That's a nice market that buys and sells within their community.   Any employee though must be a good fit, for both sides.  

The best part about having a gay guy on staff is that you don't have to worry about paying benefits or unemployment if you have to let him go (even if it's your fault) because you can always just fire him because he's gay!
(06-16-2016, 10:49 AM)Benton Wrote: A former boss hired only hot women (she, herself, was also a hot woman). I was there before she got there. At first I didn't mind as I was one of only two guys, but I transferred out as soon as I could because it quickly got really hard to work there because everyone was inept and unqualified. But the boss felt comfortable.

I was moved back in to clean that office up a few years later and it was a nightmare.

I'm in the middle. I hire people, but at the same time I have to put in for jobs within the company. I've felt like I didn't get a job because someone else was protected, and I've never felt I had to hire anyone because they were protected. But the world is full of inept, petty people who aren't concerned with my department's bottom line or my boss's, they're only worried about how comfortable they feel. I could care less. Hire the best person for the job. It's in everyone's best interest.

And that's common sense.

If your boss needs a law to force them to hire people then how well do you think they will all fit together?   We all want people working under us that we feel comfortable with because in the end they are carrying out our vision.    

I hire the best people for the job that have the right stuff to work with me.    
I don't care about anything else   I needed a Spanish speaker and studies show that they are loyal to native speakers so I went out and hired one.   

What you are describing is a boss problem.   There shouldn't be any care or concern to hire diversity.  
(06-16-2016, 02:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If your boss needs a law to force them to hire people then how well do you think they will all fit together?   We all want people working under us that we feel comfortable with because in the end they are carrying out our vision.    

I don't care about anything else   I needed a Spanish speaker and studies show that they are loyal to native speakers so I went out and hired one.   

What you are describing is a boss problem.   There shouldn't be any care or concern to hire diversity.  

Oh, so YOU'RE the reason I have to press 1 to hear the phone menu in English?  Thanks a lot, pal.

If a business isn't hiring the best people available then they won't be in business long.    

There is zero need for any hiring protection for anyone in this day and age.   This isn't the 50's 
(06-16-2016, 02:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If your boss needs a law to force them to hire people then how well do you think they will all fit together?   We all want people working under us that we feel comfortable with because in the end they are carrying out our vision.    

Sounds almost like you need a safe place at work where you feel comfortable and no one can upset you and your "vision".   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-16-2016, 02:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If a business isn't hiring the best people available then they won't be in business long.    

There is zero need for any hiring protection for anyone in this day and age.   This isn't the 50's 

My god, did you just admit that PROGRESS might have been made?
(06-16-2016, 09:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Copy and past the title to articles.  That is how it was on the website.

Link provided in first post.

Sure.....   Ninja
(06-16-2016, 02:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My god, did you just admit that PROGRESS might have been made?

Yes.   Which is why we don't need these ridiculous laws any longer.    It's moved beyond the need for a law.