Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT
(06-16-2016, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: "Yes Tim, thanks for coming in for the interview.  I like your resume and your work ethic however I don't think you'd be a good fit here at ______, ______ & ______.  However I always want to help those who apply here to be better prepared for their next interview so I'll let you know that the reason I didn't hire you is because you are a flaming homosexual.  Despite all the good things you would bring to the job I just can NOT have a gay man working with me.  No matter how well you might get along with the staff or the customers or your amount of experience I can't allow a flaming gay man to work in my business.  What's that?  No, no other reason.  I just don't like flaming gay men.  A transgender wouldn't even get the interview.  Nope, not even if they were the most qualified and everything else was perfect.  Yes, I agree it is a pity that the law allows me to me a complete idiot but I guess the gays should have fought harder.  Maybe they should have been bullied a bit more to toughen them up so they could handle these things.

Anyway, have a nice day."

**buzzes secretary**

"Carol could you come in here and wipe the AIDS off of everything that Tim touched please?  Thank you.  I'm heading to Chik Fil A for a ***** free lunch."

Cool

Don't you think it would be beneficial to Tim to know that next interview to tone it down and be more professional?  Or should we just go your way and lie to him and have Matt fake some paperwork so he is none the wiser.    

Wonder which way Tim would prefer? 
(06-16-2016, 03:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Don't you think it would be beneficial to Tim to know that next interview to tone it down and be more professional?  Or should we just go your way and lie to him and have Matt fake some paperwork so he is none the wiser.    

Tim would probably prefer to be hired based on his ability and skills.

Not rejected because he's "too gay" for the guy hiring him.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-16-2016, 03:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Comparing rape and not hiring someone is not the same.   Shame on you for trying to make them equal.   

You should have the right to hire who you wish for whatever reason you wish.   Without have to make stuff up and fake paperwork.   You should be supporting my idea, it makes your job easier and beneficial to all.   

[Image: 5-Child-Labor-northern-capitalist.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-16-2016, 03:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Don't you think it would be beneficial to Tim to know that next interview to tone it down and be more professional?  Or should we just go your way and lie to him and have Matt fake some paperwork so he is none the wiser.    

if he is qualified, why wouldn't he be hired? the only way he wouldnt be hired is due to your discrimination based on archaic beliefs that have no business being used in this day and age
People suck
This sharia terrorist mass murder should be politicized regarding ISIS, Sharia, Islamic Raticals,...

Not gay jobs and gun control laws.

Deal with the actual problem, not your political agenda. 

This system is broke.

If your so worried about offending a specific group of people ,that you can't have an open/honest conversation, there is no hope to ever resolve anything.

It all just turns into political BS.
(06-16-2016, 04:19 PM)tigerseye Wrote: This sharia terrorist mass murder should be politicized regarding ISIS, Sharia, Islamic Raticals,...

Not gay jobs and gun control laws.

Deal with the actual problem, not your political agenda. 

I agree with the both. But none of us know about the other yet, as his motive isn't really known. His first wife said she thought he might be gay and crazy, and according to law enforcement, the shooter only started watching ISIS videos in the last couple weeks. It's sounding a lot like he wasn't connected with ISIS, but someone who might have been conflicted about his sexuality.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-16-2016, 03:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Blue?  Not pink?!?!

You faked it just to get the job!   Rant

Of course I want a blue company car...I said I'm a lesbian you dolt!  Blue cars are totally what i assume lesbians want.  As soon as I get this job I'm firing you.

Honestly I wouldn't wanna work for a homophobe anyways.

But then again I'm straight so you're literally nor hiring me for acting a way you find to be homosexual.

Super classy.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-16-2016, 03:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Comparing rape and not hiring someone is not the same.   Shame on you for trying to make them equal.   

You should have the right to hire who you wish for whatever reason you wish.   Without have to make stuff up and fake paperwork.   You should be supporting my idea, it makes your job easier and beneficial to all.   

Not equating the crimes, just pointing out both are hard to prove. Just because something that is wrong to do is hard to prove doesn't mean there shouldn't be a law against it.

And as I said, I have seen it happen. I don't personally do it because I have no need to. I have never had to fudge my paperwork to make it work out right.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-16-2016, 04:43 PM)Benton Wrote: I agree with the both. But none of us know about the other yet, as his motive isn't really known. His first wife said she thought he might be gay and crazy, and according to law enforcement, the shooter only started watching ISIS videos in the last couple weeks. It's sounding a lot like he wasn't connected with ISIS, but someone who might have been conflicted about his sexuality.

He stated he did it for ISIS.

So ,maybe ,he turned to ISIS videos in the last couple of weeks (maybe). Videos for the purpose of what? recruitment or spreading their ideology of murder.

He commited an act that matches up with ISIS ideologies regarding gays. Maybe, in his twisted mind, their videos justified his actions. 

As far as the crazy part, that goes without saying.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(06-16-2016, 05:57 PM)tigerseye Wrote: He stated he did it for ISIS.

So ,maybe ,he turned to ISIS videos in the last couple of weeks (maybe). Videos for the purpose of what? recruitment or spreading their ideology of murder.

He commited an act that matches up with ISIS ideologies regarding gays. Maybe, in his twisted mind, their videos justified his actions. 

As far as the crazy part, that goes without saying.

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like it is, but it is kind of weird he had no history of involvement with Isis and then went this far out after two weeks of, from what they can tell, watching videos.
(06-15-2016, 11:20 PM)Benton Wrote: The anti-discrimination should be in place anyway, but that has nothing to do with the shooting.

don't know what the bill was suppose to be for.   But is blocking it just a delay or is it deny it ever be voted on.

I would imagine with just a tragedy so close emotions would be high and that is not a good way to make long term decisions for the country.  So if its just a delay then that makes sense.

again I don't know what the bill was for...  If its an anti-discrimination thing as in cannot be refused a job because of being lgbt or what have you that should be in place for all humans...   Just like a company should not be able to refuse hire for smoking imo.

As far as the shooter being in isis or not...   Doesn't really matter.  anytime something like this happens isis will take credit even if not their work as it makes them look stronger than what they are.

saw somewhere that this guy went to his club often... so he could have just been scorned by his gay lover.
(06-16-2016, 05:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not equating the crimes, just pointing out both are hard to prove. Just because something that is wrong to do is hard to prove doesn't mean there shouldn't be a law against it.

And as I said, I have seen it happen. I don't personally do it because I have no need to. I have never had to fudge my paperwork to make it work out right.

At what point do we actually start trusting people to do the right thing?  Don't you think there has been enough education on this matter?   There is no need to for the law to have a boot on the throat of employers 
Lol at this thread. Did Lucie say he prefers the Bear type of gays? I tell ya what, those guys don't pretend to be gay. They for realz!

Ok......I am done trolling. Back to the topic.......
(06-16-2016, 05:18 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Honestly I wouldn't wanna work for a homophobe anyways.

But then again I'm straight so you're literally nor hiring me for acting a way you find to be homosexual.

Super classy.

We will cross that bridge the day you walk in and apply a job.   If your not dressed for proper business and conducting yourself the same way then your probably not getting the job.  
Something about this just doesnt seem right. Its not that I have a problem with ensuring there cant be discrimination against the LGBTQWERTY from federal contractors. But the fact is this was only added to the defense bill after the Orlando massacre, which this amendment has absolutely nothing to do with. Basically it just seems nothing more than politics at play here with the aim to make the Repubs look bad in the headlines as the result, as the Dems knew full what they were doing. Now if there are actual recent discrimination cases out there, then at least this would make more sense to do. But I just see this as petty politics using a tragic event as the catalyst.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-16-2016, 06:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Something about this just doesnt seem right. Its not that I have a problem with ensuring there cant be discrimination against the LGBTQWERTY from federal contractors. But the fact is this was only added to the defense bill after the Orlando massacre, which this amendment has absolutely nothing to do with. Basically it just seems nothing more than politics at play here with the aim to make the Repubs look bad in the headlines as the result, as the Dems knew full what they were doing. Now if there are actual recent discrimination cases out there, then at least this would make more sense to do. But I just see this as petty politics using a tragic event as the catalyst.

That is one way to view it. Or maybe it just reminded them to act on it?
(06-16-2016, 06:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We will cross that bridge the day you walk in and apply a job.   If your not dressed for proper business and conducting yourself the same way then your probably not getting the job.  

So if I don't act like a hate mongering white supremacist who lives in my own form of reality. Got it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-16-2016, 06:32 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: That is one way to view it. Or maybe it just reminded them to act on it?

No, its just our politicians playing their games in Washington. For the record I am not a fan of the GOP in general anymore, so not defending them. Granted not a fan of the Crats in Washington either.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-16-2016, 06:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No, its just our politicians playing their games in Washington. For the record I am not a fan of the GOP in general anymore, so not defending them. Granted not a fan of the Crats in Washington either.

My point is that both are opinions. One negative and one positive. We don't really know which one is correct.

I am not happy with either party, too.