Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Dalton Struggling from a Clean Pocket since 2015
I hear people bashing the offensive line as all of the teams issues:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
The last 3 games, our offensive line provided decent pass protection for Dalton and his throws were pretty erratic.
Reply/Quote
Dalton at best is a streaky player that chokes in big games. At worst he is what we see now. Inaccurate, happy feet, no leader. Perfect fit for how Mike Brown runs the team.

If he was a better player he would get much more frustrated with Mikey like CP did and demand changes.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 10:53 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Dalton at best is a streaky player that chokes in big games. At worst he is what we see now. Inaccurate, happy feet, no leader. Perfect fit for how Mike Brown runs the team.

If he was a better player he would get much more frustrated with Mikey like CP did and demand changes.

These stats basically show that he's been done for 3 years.

I mean, IF we fix the bad offensive line...he's one of the worst QB's in the league when the pocket is clean. These stats say move on to me.
Reply/Quote
He’s a bum. The sooner we turn the page the better.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 11:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: These stats basically show that he's been done for 3 years.

I mean, IF we fix the bad offensive line...he's one of the worst QB's in the league when the pocket is clean. These stats say move on to me.

Daltons high point in his career was tied to 3 things 
Hue Jackson 
Andrew Whitworth 
Tyler Eifert 

Hue is no longer in the NFL
Andrew is a Ram
Eifert has been injury prone since that 13 TD season 

Andy did well cause of what was around him playing at a high level.

Andy simply cannot rise above what's around him.
A handful of QBs can. But they are elite 
Andy was never elite 
He was good enough to be good enough 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:17 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Daltons high point in his career was tied to 3 things 
Hue Jackson 
Andrew Whitworth 
Tyler Eifert 

Hue is no longer in the NFL
Andrew is a Ram
Eifert has been injury prone since that 13 TD season 

Andy did well cause of what was around him playing at a high level.

Andy simply cannot rise above what's around him.
A handful of QBs can. But they are elite 
Andy was never elite 
He was good enough to be good enough 

Are you joking?

AJ made Daltons career
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Are you joking?

AJ made Daltons career

I was gonna say...

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Are you joking?

AJ made Daltons career

I said high point in his career. 
It's too simplified to.say AJ "made"Andys career 
Yeah Green bailed him out at tines with unreal catches 
But Dalton needed time to throw that ball to Green too. 
But Andy hasn't been the same since those factors left Cincy 
In 2015.
I will even say at times Andy leaned on AJ too much.
As he would throw in to triple coverage 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:30 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I said high point in his career. 
In 2015.

Whit was here in 2016. Dalton still sucked. AJ happened to miss 6 games that year though...

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:30 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I said high point in his career. 
In 2015.

No it isn't. 

AJ made Daltons's career. Period! 

Bailed out by a HoF WR for years. 

We have needed the most important player (QB) to make plays to win games all year... we are 0-7
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No it isn't. 

HoF level talent, but I don’t think AJ will put up the numbers to get him in. Especially if the playoff success never comes, and the injuries continue to plague him.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No it isn't. 

We have needed the most important player (QB) to make plays to win games all year... we are 0-7
As Daltons supporting cast has diminished 
So has he. 
I'm talking coordinators too. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 01:51 AM)impactplaya Wrote: As Daltons supporting cast has diminished 
So has he. 
I'm talking coordinators too. 

Super lame.
A late round rookie QB with Ogbuehi playing tackle

just beat Dalton!!!!!!

Let that sink in.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 02:04 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Super lame.
A late round rookie QB with Ogbuehi playing tackle

just beat Dalton!!!!!!

Let that sink in.

And I guarantee most couldn’t name a single WR on the Jags.

But tbf Fournette did most of the work.

Reply/Quote
Dalton was a really, really good QB in 2015.  Nobody should argue with that because it's a fact.  In 2019 it appears as though he's burnt out.  I don't know if it was the thumb injury, watching Burfict/Jones blow the playoff game, Eifert's injuries, watching the o-line fall apart, watching a lack of accountability from the coaches, or whatever.  This was a guy who was booed at a freaking charity baseball game and kept coming to work afterward.  This is a guy who scapped and fought for wins in college when nobody believed he could do it.  He now looks broken.  Whatever it is, it appears to be VERY similar to what happened to Palmer.  He seems to be psychologically beaten down.  I'd actually bet against him ever having a winning season in Cincinnati ever again because of that fact if that were an option.  Is it because Andy Dalton is a born loser, a guy who was destined to fail?  Or is it because he has played his entire NFL career in an environment that would have broken Payton Manning?
Reply/Quote
When did the team start strugglling running the ball?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Not an excuse, but something to also keep in mind about Dalton is OCs Since 2015...

2016: Ken Zampese
2017: Ken Zampeze / Bill Lazor
2018: Bill Lazor
2019: Brian Callahan

If you can name a worse stretch of OCs in the NFL over a 4 year period, I would be shocked. Zampese and Lazor aren't even in the NFL anymore after being fired by the Bengals. Zampese coached for the Alliance of American Football (whatever the hell that is) and Lazor is unemployed. Callahan has never been an OC before, and I wouldn't be surprised if he never is again.

Three different horrible offenses in 4 years, and the like of Ogbuehi, Hart, Redmond, etc protecting you. Dalton is broken. The decent starting QB that could win if there was talent around him is gone. He's just broken now and it's time to move on and break the next QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:14 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not an excuse, but something to also keep in mind about Dalton is OCs Since 2015...

2016: Ken Zampese
2017: Ken Zampeze / Bill Lazor
2018: Bill Lazor
2019: Brian Callahan

If you can name a worse stretch of OCs in the NFL over a 4 year period, I would be shocked. Zampese and Lazor aren't even in the NFL anymore after being fired by the Bengals. Zampese coached for the Alliance of American Football (whatever the hell that is) and Lazor is unemployed. Callahan has never been an OC before, and I wouldn't be surprised if he never is again.

Three different horrible offenses in 4 years, and the like of Ogbuehi, Hart, Redmond, etc protecting you. Dalton is broken. The decent starting QB that could win if there was talent around him is gone. He's just broken now and it's time to move on and break the next QB.

Goodness...that's painful to see it laid out like that.  

Nearly half a decade without a quality OC. 

Combine that with a terrible stretch of drafting, personnel decisions and its really no surprise you end up where we are.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 05:30 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Goodness...that's painful to see it laid out like that.  

Nearly half a decade without a quality OC. 

Combine that with a terrible stretch of drafting, personnel decisions and its really no surprise you end up where we are.

If you took Manning and paired him with any of the mentioned OCs and they would be a head coach somewhere by now. You can put lipstick a hat and a pretty dress on a pig and guess what its still a pig.
Reply/Quote