Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton out of cast, not throwing (yet) - stay tuned...
Hey all:

Just talked to Andy: He hasn't thrown yet ... but practice is in 20 minutes. Here's the most recent update, but keep checking back as I'll update as soon as I can throughout the day.

Any shares of this on FB/Twitter/Reddit, etc. would be appreciated!
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Let's hope that he will be able to play this Saturday. The offense is totally different with him on the field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Let's hope that he will be able to play this Saturday. The offense is totally different with him on the field.

Just with his ability to read Defenses will help open up the run game even more if he can go.

But i don't want him out there if he cannot throw the ball. AJM should start this game if this is the case.

Oh, and thanks Jim for the update. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the update!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Let's hope that he will be able to play this Saturday. The offense is totally different with him on the field.

Dude give it a rest... Realistically throwing Dalton out there a week removed from being in a cast is kind of a liability. Best case scenario is Dalton suits up and is the backup Saturday in case AJ gets hurt.
Reply/Quote
Also Marvin Lewis said .. "AJ McCarron" will start vs Pukesburgh
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:51 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Also Marvin Lewis said .. "AJ McCarron" will start vs Pukesburgh

No, he said that he's preparing to start McCarron for Pittsburgh. That doesn't mean that he's 100% starting. I think McCarron will start, but I think there's still a chance.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:55 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, he said that he's preparing to start McCarron for Pittsburgh. That doesn't mean that he's 100% starting. I think McCarron will start, but I think there's still a chance.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-McCarron-to-be-Starter-vs-Steelers
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:59 PM)bengals73 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-McCarron-to-be-Starter-vs-Steelers

Show me a quote of Marvin saying that.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:55 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, he said that he's preparing to start McCarron for Pittsburgh. That doesn't mean that he's 100% starting. I think McCarron will start, but I think there's still a chance.

I heard ML say the same thing, he is preparing to start AJ, but did not rule AD out either
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Show me a quote of Marvin saying that.

Bleacher Report is the only outlet reporting that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Bleacher Report is the only outlet reporting that.

And if they are the only, that means, no one actually is.

It's clear AJM is the starter and Marvin wants to make sure the Steelers prep for both QBs. 

Reply/Quote
Do you actually think Marvin Lewis is going to completely show his hand on Tuesday of a Saturday game week? There is no advantage to ruling Dalton out now, even if he has no chance to play.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:51 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Dude give it a rest... Realistically throwing Dalton out there a week removed from being in a cast is kind of a liability. Best case scenario is Dalton suits up and is the backup Saturday in case AJ gets hurt.

Give what a rest??.. so guess you are personal assistant to Marvin and Andy and Know for sure 100% he is not.  Maybe you need to give no way he plays a rest until we officially here one way or another.
Reply/Quote
Good News!  Andy threw today

Jim Owczarski ‏@JimOwczarski  4m4 minutes ago
Fairly choreographed "participation" for Dalton - team clapped him up as he ran to the line...for a left handed handoff & throw. #Bengals

:jk:

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:29 PM)pally Wrote: Good News!  Andy threw today

Jim Owczarski ‏@JimOwczarski  4m4 minutes ago
Fairly choreographed "participation" for Dalton - team clapped him up as he ran to the line...for a left handed handoff & throw. #Bengals

I don't think a left handed throw means much tbh.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't think a left handed throw means much tbh.

Are we sure it's a left handed throw or just left handed handout and regular throw? 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Show me a quote of Marvin saying that.

I was just going by what was being discussed in that thread. 
Reply/Quote
Dalton will probably do some grip strength sets and conditioning I doubt he'll throw a ball yet, but who knows. I say AJ starts and if Steelers go up by 2 scores... Dalton goes in.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Are we sure it's a left handed throw or just left handed handout and regular throw? 

Dan Hoard tweeted that it was a left-handed throw.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote