Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damar Hamlin
(01-09-2023, 02:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Not a doctor, but I've had a heart attack. Let's just say what you see in the movies ain't what happens.

+1. Me, too!

And, the pain will indeed bring you to the ground.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:57 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Whenever an injury happens in the first quarter, it's usually that the injury had happened in practice and the medical staff helped get the player able to play a few plays before going down. I have a feeling that they've figured out how to do the same thing with heart attacks, and if so, the Bills coaching and medical staffs should be banned for life for pulling a stunt like this.

Is it too early for a Basil Hayden shot?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, most people’s chest walls aren’t meant to be compressed 2 inches. 100-120 times per minute. That’s like a Mike Tyson punch to the chest.

Fun story, when I was a Sergeant I had a relatively new guy on my squad when we got a shooting call at the Swahili Elks club in the parking lot. There were several victims, and my new guy wound up doing CPR on one of them. Might have saved him too if it weren't for all those bullet holes in him. Anyway, when we get to work the next day I pull him aside and tell him I need a detailed memo from him about why he did CPR, because the coroner relayed that he would have lived if my guy hadn't pumped all the blood out of him. (It was gushing like a fountain with every compression) Let him go back in the office and type the memo, he brought it out and gave it to me, white as a ghost, and we all laughed and laughed and laughed. Well, he didn't, but we did. Welcome to 3rd shift rookie!!! God I miss Police humor....
Reply/Quote
The Bengals were awesome and classy toward this whole situation. God bless Hamlin, Buffalo and the Bengals organization.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:45 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Dude, more than Steelers fans came together. The whole country did.

I had a Steeler fan taunting me in the gym earlier this week about missing the playoffs. I didn’t say anything back but what a jerk.
Reply/Quote
Damar has now been discharged from the Buffalo hospital.

He is headed to his home to begin rehabilitation at home and with the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: Damar has now been discharged from the Buffalo hospital.

He is headed to his home to begin rehabilitation at home and with the Bills.

Unbelievable. So glad this was the outcome.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Unbelievable. So glad this was the outcome.

Same, did they ever release the actual cause?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Same, did they ever release the actual cause?

I'm sure he's seeing a cardiologist for further testing for defects, but at this point I think it's a pretty safe bet it was the hit to the chest.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm sure he's seeing a cardiologist for further testing for defects, but at this point I think it's a pretty safe bet it was the hit to the chest.

There are cases of youth baseball players, including a 7-year-old this year, who get hit in the chest by a baseball at just that particular millisecond, at just the right place and strength, to cause an abnormal heart rhythm and cardiac arrest. These are cases where the individual has a healthy heart. if you don't get treatment in the first few minutes, they often die. (The 7-year-old died.) This was probably the cause. For Damar, luckily it was during a NFL game when they have expert medical staff and a defibrillator.
Reply/Quote
I received this article in an email today about potential causes if anyone wants to read it.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/102481
Reply/Quote