Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damar Hamlin
(01-07-2023, 09:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Pay no mind to that shit. While we may be pissed about the coin flip, we haven't forgotten what happened on Monday night, and we're all still in Damar's corner. There's an asshole in every crowd.

Correct. There are two very distinct things at play here. 

1. Damar Hamlin had a life threatening injury and deserves all the support, prayers, love and money his foundation can raise to help others. 
2. Bitching about the NFL and their screwy new rules as well as how the Bills are just sitting back reaping the benefits with no thought of how fair it is or what they could do to make it more fair. 

Both things can happen at the same time. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 12:04 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I gotta say those acting lessons the NFL paid for the Bills’ players to take really paid off. Multiple players shedding actual tears on cue for the cameras to sell me propaganda? Planning, commitment, and execution. I admire their long game. Like the A-Team, I love it when a plan comes together.

Wonder what them boys at UC health made? They deserved an Emmy or some shit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 05:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Wonder what them boys at UC health made? They deserved an Emmy or some shit.

I read that the NFL coordinated the press release. Why would the NFL determine a hospital's press release? control?

With that said, I wonder why Damar never took his hand to chest. Did he just pass out first then have heart failure? Any doctors in the house?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’ve heard that before. I guess it’s pretty common.

I about crapped the first time I broke some. I was like "Uh oh"
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 12:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I about crapped the first time I broke some. I was like "Uh oh"

LOL 

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 12:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I read that the NFL coordinated the press release. Why would the NFL determine a hospital's press release? control?

With that said, I wonder why Damar never took his hand to chest. Did he just pass out first then have heart failure? Any doctors in the house?

How many press conferences does UC University Hospital coordinate to brief the public on a patient annually? I don’t know the number, but I suspect it is low.

How many press conferences does the NFL coordinate annually? Hundreds. So I wouldn’t be surprised by the NFL coordinating a press conference because that is something they typically do.

Ultimately, Damar Hamilton or his designee is ultimately in control of what part of his medical condition, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis is released to the media. And HIPAA doesn’t apply to reporters or other members of the media.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 12:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I about crapped the first time I broke some. I was like "Uh oh"

Yeah, most people’s chest walls aren’t meant to be compressed 2 inches. 100-120 times per minute. That’s like a Mike Tyson punch to the chest.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 02:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, most people’s chest walls aren’t meant to be compressed 2 inches. 100-120 times per minute. That’s like a Mike Tyson punch to the chest.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, there was blood coming out of his mouth and some on the field. I assumed that was from the “aggressive” CPR. If I heard that term one more time I was going to flip.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Whenever an injury happens in the first quarter, it's usually that the injury had happened in practice and the medical staff helped get the player able to play a few plays before going down. I have a feeling that they've figured out how to do the same thing with heart attacks, and if so, the Bills coaching and medical staffs should be banned for life for pulling a stunt like this.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:57 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Whenever an injury happens in the first quarter, it's usually that the injury had happened in practice and the medical staff helped get the player able to play a few plays before going down. I have a feeling that they've figured out how to do the same thing with heart attacks, and if so, the Bills coaching and medical staffs should be banned for life for pulling a stunt like this.

They masked a previous heart attack? Helluva first post.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:57 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Whenever an injury happens in the first quarter, it's usually that the injury had happened in practice and the medical staff helped get the player able to play a few plays before going down. I have a feeling that they've figured out how to do the same thing with heart attacks, and if so, the Bills coaching and medical staffs should be banned for life for pulling a stunt like this.

Ok, I don't say this often, but what the hell?
Reply/Quote
if anyone ever needed proof of the power of prayer this young mans beautiful progress an recovering is such a miracle and blessing. a hole nation came together in prayer an helped this young man with Gods power. it such a powerful thing and warms my heart so much. i am so happy he is better an looking like hes on a good path forward. bless you damar an your family
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:26 PM)Leon Wrote: if anyone ever needed proof of the power of prayer this young mans beautiful progress an recovering is such a miracle and blessing. a hole nation came together in prayer an helped this young man with Gods power. it such a powerful thing and warms my heart so much. i am so happy he is better an looking like hes on a good path forward. bless you damar an your family

Dude, more than Steelers fans came together. The whole country did.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:45 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Dude, more than Steelers fans came together. The whole country did.

Now that's funny
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Checking moon phase. Yep, it’s full.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 12:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I read that the NFL coordinated the press release. Why would the NFL determine a hospital's press release? control?

Not a doctor, but I've had a heart attack. Let's just say what you see in the movies ain't what happens.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 11:26 PM)Leon Wrote: if anyone ever needed proof of the power of prayer this young mans beautiful progress an recovering is such a miracle and blessing. a hole nation came together in prayer an helped this young man with Gods power. it such a powerful thing and warms my heart so much. i am so happy he is better an looking like hes on a good path forward. bless you damar an your family

This isn’t the P&R section of the board, but I’ll just say that the first responders, and top notch doctors at UC are the ones that should be getting praised right now.

Reply/Quote
Damar has been released from UC and is heading back to Buffalo

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Don’t want to sound insensitive, but now the Damar is headed home to begin his recovery and rehab; can we please get rid of the striped Buffalo avatars.
Reply/Quote