Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damar Hamlin
(01-03-2023, 01:19 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Great, informative post. Thanks for providing your thoughts.

Thank you. Just trying to help maybe answer some questions related to the tweets being put out...not trying to speculate or diagnose. I spent half my career in cardiac/open heart/ICU and the other half in pediatrics so I have seen a lot of things over the years. 

Tbh I am really not sure what happened to him. It's very scary, that I do know.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:20 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’ve seen some on this board and elsewhere saying that the NFL should rule this game as a tie. I just don’t see the NFL doing that. Maybe if this were a game between two teams with losing records, but ruling it a tie would knock the Bills out of the #1 seed and give the Bengals the AFCN crown.

I know that football isn’t what’s important at the moment, but at some point it will be. I think it’s more likely that they play the game sometime this week, and push both teams’ week 18 games to Monday or Tuesday. It may even be more likely that they delay the playoffs by a week and move this game to after week 18.

Regardless of what happens, I’m a Bills fan in the moment. Everyone is pulling for Hamlin, and personally, I’m hoping that the Bills are able to bounce back emotionally from this.

Yep... I'm rooting for Hamlin like one of our own, and I think that the only route the NFL can go is to push the playoffs back a week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Well I fell asleep trying to nap mid day and just woke up. What exactly happened? It just said he collapsed. Was this before or during the game?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:26 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well I fell asleep trying to nap mid day and just woke up. What exactly happened? It just said he collapsed. Was this before or during the game?

During...after making a tackle.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:26 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well I fell asleep trying to nap mid day and just woke up. What exactly happened? It just said he collapsed. Was this before or during the game?

Middle of the first quarter on a tackle of Tee Higgins.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:20 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’ve seen some on this board and elsewhere saying that the NFL should rule this game as a tie. I just don’t see the NFL doing that. Maybe if this were a game between two teams with losing records, but ruling it a tie would knock the Bills out of the #1 seed and give the Bengals the AFCN crown.

I know that football isn’t what’s important at the moment, but at some point it will be. I think it’s more likely that they play the game sometime this week, and push both teams’ week 18 games to Monday or Tuesday. It may even be more likely that they delay the playoffs by a week and move this game to after week 18.

Regardless of what happens, I’m a Bills fan in the moment. Everyone is pulling for Hamlin, and personally, I’m hoping that the Bills are able to bounce back emotionally from this.

Even canceling would seemingly give the Bengals the AFCN title as if they lose they would still have a better winning % at 11-5 vs 11-6 Unless both teams agreed next week was for the title but can't imagine them doing that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:18 AM)jason Wrote: There is no way they've left town.

I'm sure they were already planning to leave town after the game anyways. Would be hard to find somewhere for that many people to stay last minute. I'm sure some also want to be with their families given what occurred and how easily it could have even them. 

It's not like 70 NFL players could go be with him in thr hospital room anyways. 
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
This is good news that his vitals are back to normal.Prayers for him and his family.
Reply/Quote
Just mentioned on ESPN that the hospital said there will be no press conference tonight.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:29 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Just mentioned on ESPN that the hospital said there will be no press conference tonight.

Good.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:07 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think all fans want great news. To be honest, I thought based on the reaction from coaches and players, he had little chance of survival. So for someone like me (not a medical professional), the fact he is in the care of professionals provides some hope.

I think we all want hope for the young man.

Him being 24 years old and, prior to tonight, in top physical shape, he has the best chance at survival that there is. Seventy year old men survive sudden cardiac arrest from coronary artery disease every day. Little old ladies survive lungs filled with clots. Kids survive horrible traumas and live to tell about it.

Imho the reaction from everyone was appropriate, they were shocked because they have no clue what happened. It wasn't a "dirty play" as I have read on Twitter by idiot trolls who are just starting crap, he made a clean tackle, the play ended, he stood up, patted his teammate on the back and fell out. I've thought about going back and counting how long it took from the end of the play to when he fell, but I really don't think it matters.

What matters is he received immediate care by the best docs in Cincy and was taken to one of the best hospitals there is. The fact that they have him in an induced coma and his vitals are stable is reassuring, but by no means does it make him okay.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:25 AM)BengalB Wrote: Thank you. Just trying to help maybe answer some questions related to the tweets being put out...not trying to speculate or diagnose. I spent half my career in cardiac/open heart/ICU and the other half in pediatrics so I have seen a lot of things over the years. 

Tbh I am really not sure what happened to him. It's very scary, that I do know.

I believe it was reported he did receive AED.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:27 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: During...after making a tackle.

This is awful. Just saw the play. Respect the coaches for stopping the game entirely. People would be surprised by big money’s cruelty. I work for a major car supplier and one of the secondary suppliers has a violent death in their machinery and the corporate greed to just get the incident cleaned up and get everyone back to work immediately was just disgusting.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:31 AM)basballguy Wrote: Good.

I agree. Classy. Let's hope there are no HIPAA violating a-holes there chatting it up with anyone from ESPN working tonight...

I imagine access to him and his records are being kept under strict watch, as it should be. That is the way it is when there is a VIP, a newsworthy story, anything like this...But this happening during MNF with millions watching, they'll likely have an IT person watching live who is accessing his chart, etc. If someone accesses it and they should not, they'll know who and where they are.

There will be heavy security and probably have him in a room far from other patients due to the visitors of other family members, etc. Basically there are a lot of policies in place in order to protect not only his privacy, but others too. 

That's the way it works in these types of situations, I do know that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, that makes a replay tomorrow more difficult. 

If the worst happens, I don't know if I'd play the rest of the year.

I definitely wouldn't play the rest of the regular season. Even if he recovers, I couldn't play the rest of this and then the final game of the season.

But I'm not a player, so my feelings mean jack all.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:32 AM)TheFan Wrote: I believe it was reported he did receive AED.

You always put the pads on in any situation when someone falls out...then you turn on the AED and it does the rest. 

If you've taken BLS (community type CPR classes) the AED is designed to tell you exactly what to do, in what order, what it is doing and what it needs you to do. It'll say, resume CPR, stop, analyzing, shock advised and/or resume CPR. It'll go through that cycle over and over until help (meaning paramedics with advanced support measures and practice) arrive on scene.

The AED is probably the best medical invention in the last 50 years, if not longer. They are amazing little boxes that have saved countless lives.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 01:43 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If the worst happens, I don't know if I'd play the rest of the year.

I definitely wouldn't play the rest of the regular season. Even if he recovers, I couldn't play the rest of this and then the final game of the season.

But I'm not a player, so my feelings mean jack all.

If you read the ESPN article on this with Scott Van Pelt (very classy BTW, they don't even show pictures except for the Bills players in a circle), after the ambulance left, the Bills Defensive players started to return to the field to continue play.  That was when Zac crossed the field to talk to the other coach and they both pulled their teams to the locker room.

Point being.....even in this situation, the players were going to play until someone told them different.  Luckily, the coaches knew better, and put a stop to it.  

And that's all I'll speculate, because it just doesn't seem important ATM.
Reply/Quote
Bills are still in the stadium, Diggs is at the hospital. Another Twitter rumor.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
ESPN talking to a Bills reporter and she said most of the team is still at the stadium in the locker room.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote