Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dan Pitcher is new OC
(02-03-2024, 09:14 PM)jj22 Wrote:

No info but although a QB at MSU he’s primarily coached TE. Seems unlikely.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/2021/02/05/super-bowl-john-van-dam-tampa-bay-buccaneers-augustana/4328862001/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 11:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No info but although a QB at MSU he’s primarily coached TE. Seems unlikely.

But possible. The Bengals could be looking at Van Dam as a future OC if Dan Pitcher gets HC looks in a year or two. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 11:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No info but although a QB at MSU he’s primarily coached TE. Seems unlikely.

Why would you say that?  It isn't often that someone can ONLY coach a specific group.  Often coaches are added to a staff without having an opening in their primary wheelhouse because they are a great coach.  If the guy is a great offensive coach, you get him on the staff when you have an offensive opening, regardless of what that opening is.
Reply/Quote

That’s the exact same path Zac took

Coached TEs then QBs coach then offensive coordinator
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2024, 06:32 PM)Housh Wrote: That’s the exact same path Zac took

Coached TEs then QBs coach then offensive coordinator

Yes it is.But I said unlikely. Not impossible. Kragthorpe has a relationship with Joe. I’m not aware of anybody but Greg Auman reporting this. Sometimes names are floated to enhance them. Obviously Bowles bypassed him as OC there and the new OC may or may not retain him. We’ll see but that’s my opinion.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2024, 09:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yes it is.But I said unlikely. Not impossible. Kragthorpe has a relationship with Joe. I’m not aware of anybody but Greg Auman reporting this. Sometimes names are floated to enhance them. Obviously Bowles bypassed him as OC there and the new OC may or may not retain him. We’ll see but that’s my opinion.

They would have named Brad by now I’d think We can take from this that maybe they will look outside of the building. 

Others are reporting interest in Thad as well

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
As long as our QB coach tells Joe to take the damn checkdown sometimes, I’m fine lol

A lot of sacks are on Joe
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2024, 01:41 PM)Housh Wrote: As long as our QB coach tells Joe to take the damn checkdown sometimes, I’m fine lol

A lot of sacks are on Joe

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2024, 02:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote:  

He's right you know....
Reply/Quote
He just needs to find a new way to fall when he's sacked, to avoid those injuries...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 01:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He just needs to find a new way to fall when he's sacked, to avoid those injuries...

They should show him tape of early Russell Wilson. Dude was always getting sacked a ton, but was durable as hell.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 01:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They should show him tape of early Russell Wilson. Dude was always getting sacked a ton, but was durable as hell.

speaking of which i wonder where hes playing next year Definitely not Denver
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 01:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: speaking of which i wonder where hes playing next year Definitely not Denver

Whoever gives him the biggest office lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 01:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Whoever gives him the biggest office lol.

That was such a weird thing to have happened lol
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 01:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: speaking of which i wonder where hes playing next year Definitely not Denver
Knowing our luck, Pittsburgh. Where he'll resurrect his career and get Tomlin another contract extension.

The football gods can be real mother*****s like that.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 01:18 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Knowing our luck, Pittsburgh. Where he'll resurrect his career and get Tomlin another contract extension.

The football gods can be real mother*****s like that.

I truly believe the steelers are moving on from tomlin after next year, and are bringing in Vrabel

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Brian Callahan with some insight on what he’ll implement with the Titans. Modeled after the offensive system here.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/brian_callahan_explains_how_the_new_titans_play_calling_system_will_work/s1_17313_39970156

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 09:51 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Brian Callahan with some insight on what he’ll implement with the Titans. Modeled after the offensive system here.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/brian_callahan_explains_how_the_new_titans_play_calling_system_will_work/s1_17313_39970156

Makes sense he'd model his Bengals experiences for how he leads the Titans. Good luck to him that Levis can play at Burrow's level.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 09:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's right you know....

He is and as we have seen in the past, when he is healthy he can make some incredible plays shedding Sacks on big plays.

We saw it just last season against the 49ers.

(02-08-2024, 01:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He just needs to find a new way to fall when he's sacked, to avoid those injuries...

True.

(02-08-2024, 01:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They should show him tape of early Russell Wilson. Dude was always getting sacked a ton, but was durable as hell.

Not a bad idea at all.
Reply/Quote