Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darrin Simmons on short list of HC names?
(12-18-2017, 10:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even aside from how their units play...which is a huge red flag in itself...

He's been here forever. Hiring a coaching from within aside from guys who've only been here a year or 2 is pretty much assuring the team of business as usual.

Which may be what Mike Brown wants.

With his long tenure, one would think his STs would be the envy of the NFL. But, it is Not. Carry on.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think Hue would be an awful hire, but I admit I'm keeping my expectations low....Cincinnati Bengals low.

[Image: raw]

.......................................................... ^ Expectations

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: raw]

............................................................. ^ Expectations

I doubt a man THAT ripped and sexy would bother to kick the likes of YOU into a pit!  You need to lower your expectations even more! Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Simmons has been here a long time. and has been pretty solid with special teams... minus the kickers but hey he don't kick the ball.

If no better prospects hes one of the better in house.  he would need to lean on his coordinators a lot though which might be a good thing

Unless they were in-house too. Then NO!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:29 PM)Utts Wrote: Just super. Taking this with a grain of salt, as idle speculation, but still don't want to see this.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/12/18/16787420/would-your-rather-bengals-hire-an-internal-candidate-or-hue-jackson-as-next-head-coac.

If they bring in winless Hue, I will be really disappointed. I don't think the guy is HC material. Great coach, good coordinator, but not a HC.

Agree, but as OC his success tailed off in his last season. So as OC Hue had his moments, (better than 2017 by a long shot) but overall not all that great. Oh! I forgot Marvy was still the HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 03:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, that's why I can't believe they're going to move on from him now that they've finally found that one piece they needed.  Wacky.

Meh. The Jags don't have a QB. Look at them. The Jets went 10-6 with Ryan Fitzpatrick. The Broncos went 12-4 with Osweiler and the husk of Peyton Manning.

The Texans have been pretty stacked elsewhere, and as good as Watson was, the Texans went 3-3 with him under center.

(12-19-2017, 05:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I doubt a man THAT ripped and sexy would bother to kick the likes of YOU into a pit!  You need to lower your expectations even more! Ninja

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7598615]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote