Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Lapham - Says Dillard at #11
(04-25-2019, 08:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: This board confuses me. I thought Taylor was the savior and fans would trust him to get it done with the roster and the FO??

All of the experts weighing in on great or bad picks.

It took 3 seconds for some to think Taylor is a puppet of the FO and his input for the draft is discounted as a result.

I know Dillard is not a big name pick, but no OL normally is, but they sure are great if during pass plays you never hear their names (sacks against them).

Our OL needs help, we all agree. But, some think they know more than the FO doing the work to pay a man a lot of money for a very long time.

I am just a fan who wants us to draft a BPA at #11, if the team thinks that is Dilliard, so be it.

Yep most of the board hated Ogbuehi, Fisher n Ross picks , the FO did amazing work choosing these guys to pay a lot of money too.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:29 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yep most of the board hated Ogbuehi, Fisher n Ross picks , the FO did amazing work choosing these guys to pay a lot of money too.

We didn't really hate them when they happened... they made sense at the time...

Ogb was hurt we still had whit so he could get healthy...

Fisher... We needed more than 1 OT.

Ross   Possible Heir to AJ as hes getting older...

Now they didn't pan out.. But we didn't give any a 2nd contract either.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No way in hell we cut Glenn.

If he is injured that will be worked out, but we are paper thin at OT even if we draft one.

If you say so. I say no way we keep a backup Tackle for $9.4 million.

Also no way we pay that much for an experimental Right Tackle who hasn't played that spot since college (this is Glenn's 8th year).

Especially when we paid what we did for Bobby Hart.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We didn't really hate them when they happened... they made sense at the time...

No, those picks were definitely unpopular when they happened. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, those picks were definitely unpopular when they happened. 

Especially Ross.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, those picks were definitely unpopular when they happened. 

Agreed.  It's not total hindsight to say that we weren't all thrilled with taking a yet another injured guy in the 1st round with Ced, and Ross....ehh, I can't recall if his durability was a knock against him going into the draft, or not.  Personally, I get a little overly critical of the injured 1st round picks because we've spent years taking injured guys and then talking about how they are "technically rookies" year after year.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  It's not total hindsight to say that we weren't all thrilled with taking a yet another injured guy in the 1st round with Ced, and Ross....ehh, I can't recall if his durability was a knock against him going into the draft, or not.  Personally, I get a little overly critical of the injured 1st round picks because we've spent years taking injured guys and then talking about how they are "technically rookies" year after year.

Well to be honest Ross will “technically “ be a rookie next year if you go by dependability. Those picks were not popular at all I guess fans aren’t as dumb as they say.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:18 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Well to be honest Ross will “technically “ be a rookie next year if you go by dependability.  Those picks were not popular at all I guess fans aren’t as dumb as they say.

Ross is a rookie this year because he's in a new system, duh!

But I will say the Ross and Ced picks had quite the "I can't lose my job as a GM" sort of stink about them.  Then again, I might be using unreasonable amounts of bias there, so meh.  

Is Dillard hurt?  If he is, I bet we take him.
Reply/Quote
Glenn is the starting LT. Even playing hurt he wasn’t the worst tackle in football (like Hart was). If we take a lineman they will be the starting RT.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 08:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: That is what was weird, early in the week Dillard struggled but by the end and into the game Sweat really got shutdown. I wonder if they were kicking inside help early forcing Sweat outside and letting Dillard use his athleticism to run him wide.

I like Dillard the player, but I don't want him at 11 (or any tackle really) but if we are going to an outside zone running scheme similar to the Rams he could work. If not I think he probably isn't a great fit because we probably won't line up and throw 40 times a game. I actually have him going to the Packers for that reason. 

Dillard had an iffy week against Sweat. During the game Dalton Risner and Chris Lindstrom really shut Sweat down.

I have Risner higher than alot of other people do because the guy played 4 great years of college football. I know he didnt have the SEC or Big 10 competition being in Big 12 but he shut down everyone he went against...He could only block who was in front of him and he did that better than any tackle in the draft class.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Dillard had an iffy week against Sweat. During the game Dalton Risner and Chris Lindstrom really shut Sweat down.

I have Risner higher than alot of other people do because the guy played 4 great years of college football. I know he didnt have the SEC or Big 10 competition being in Big 12 but he shut down everyone he went against...He could only block who was in front of him and he did that better than any tackle in the draft class.

I didn't see the iffy week.

I had Risner go at 13 in my mock so I am pretty high on him as well. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We didn't really hate them when they happened... they made sense at the time...

Personally, I liked neither of those two picks from the get go.  Now Fisher was a different story, I had hopes for him, but I was obviously wrong there....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 12:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Dillard had an iffy week against Sweat. During the game Dalton Risner and Chris Lindstrom really shut Sweat down.

I'm really liking Risner the more I see of him.....always liked Lindstrom, but I don't see us taking a G unless he really falls.

Reply/Quote
For comparison's sake, whom did Lapham have us taking last year? Year before?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Many on the board are acting like Dillard at #11 is a reach pick... I took the time and look at 10 different draft sites/experts and guess what the average slot for Dillard is 10/11 pick in 1st round... This is not a reach pick.. he has very high value especially in pass blocking... he will go in 1st round and I would say top half of the round.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:08 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: For comparison's sake, whom did Lapham have us taking last year? Year before?

Believe it or not, I think he nailed Price and Ross.  I'm going solely off memory though.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:08 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: For comparison's sake, whom did Lapham have us taking last year? Year before?

(04-25-2019, 02:18 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Believe it or not, I think he nailed Price and Ross.  I'm going solely off memory though.

I thought he was saying Ragnow.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lets not act like LT is all gravy

No shit, a LT that can move Glenn to the R would be the best possible outcome.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:18 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Believe it or not, I think he nailed Price and Ross.  I'm going solely off memory though.

I wanna say he’s got last 5/6 right. Think he predicted ragnow but said price if he wasn’t there
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought he was saying Ragnow.

He had Ragnow, which is probably why he went the pick right before us.
Reply/Quote