Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Cat Bounce in full effect
(12-02-2019, 05:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals are not currently saying we are on the verge of a Super Bowl. 

Bengals have tried to get better personnel since 2015. 

Blackburn kids are not inbreds.

I could go on and on and on and on, but it doesn't really matter.  You guys enjoy making stuff up more than talking about reality.  It is all about who can be the most creative squealer and whiner.

"It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 06:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring". 

And that is exactly what the Drama Queen Hall of Fame is for.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 06:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is exactly what the Drama Queen Hall of Fame is for.

Do they make a badge on here for that?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Page 4, Post #67

Quote:TheLeonardLeap
Prediction:

Dalton nearly single-handedly takes the Bengals on a 4-1 run to finish the year by going on a huge streak of dominance, absolutely destroying the Bengals chance at getting a Top-3 pick, and still demands a trade in the offseason. He takes the Bears (or Cowboys if the Bears throw a pile of cash at Dak in FA) to the playoffs next year and the Bengals draft Tua with the 4th overall pick, who never fully recovers from his hip. Zac manages to avoid going 0-16 with the dead cat bounce to show "progress" and sticks around for another 3-4-5 years while continuing to be in way over his head.

That is the most Bengals result I can think of.

Ninja

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just saying...

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 06:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring". 

It's absolutely entertaining what he wrote.

If this team can hardly field anything entertaining at least bitching about it creatively is worth something.

I would call it fiction with truth sprinkled in.

Apparently Fred can post about strange things but can't discern truth out of spite filled comedy.

It's much easier for him to call it "squealing".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, but the Jets were coming in hot.  They had just won 3 in a row..   Ninja

Pats are 2-2 in their last 4 games.  Ninja
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed Pittsburgh is decimated and 7-5. How they have 7 wins...I don't know.

A great coach... admit it.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We'll win 1 against the Browns and maybe beat the Dolphins.

No we won't Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 07:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It's absolutely entertaining what he wrote.

If this team can hardly field anything entertaining at least bitching about it creatively is worth something.

I would call it fiction with truth sprinkled in.

Apparently Fred can post about strange things but can't discern truth out of spite filled comedy.

It's much easier for him to call it "squealing".

You are right.  We should start a new forum for "creative whining" or "biggest drama queen".  That way these guys who care more about their victimhood than talking football could all have a great time there together.  The problem with having them in these forums is that they get so invested in their whining competitions that if anything good happens they have to attack that also.  If they had their own forum they would never have to worry about that.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 09:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...when you're 0-11 you've given other teams extra wins.

Take the Steelers for instance...they're 7-5. Easily the weakest Steelers roster we've faced in the past 20 years...and 2 wins against us. One with a 2nd string QB, the other with a 4th string QB. No Conner. No Pouncey. No Juju.

They're 7-5. IF we beat them twice...they're 5-7.

The Ravens (twice), Bills, Seahawks, and 49ers are legit teams that have a lot of wins and make our SOS look tough.

The Jaguars, Cardinals, Jets, Steelers (twice), and Raiders are all bad rosters and were beatable.

The Rams are decent. Not great.

The Browns (twice) are bad. As are the Dolphins.

So we played 4 really good teams...but also some really bad rosters that we should have beat.

Maybe the weakest roster but both Cowher and Tomlin had 8-8 teams the past 20 years. 
This Steeler team will be at least 9-7. 
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:22 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: They have a decent OLine.

Good oline , very good Dline and very, very good coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:38 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I don't understand this "So sorry we won, it might move us down in the draft."  I'm 72 years old.  How many seasons do I have left?  I want to see MY team win every damn game on the schedule.  I hate the Jets; they knocked us out of the playoffs twice. They were begging for mercy at the end today and damn it was fun to watch.  I absolutely despise the Clowns and their smirking, overrated QB and we've got them twice.  Knock their asses into their putrid excuse for a lake.  Then knock their asses into our beautiful river.  Of course I hate the Patriots, their smug QB, their cheating coach, their we're so entitled fan base.  Shock the world and shove Mixon down their chowder-slurping gizzards.  Who else do we have, Miami?  Can't say I hate the Dolphins -- I mean, dolphins are cute and all --  but hell, let's beat them too.  The way we've been drafting lately it won't matter whether we're picking 1st or 10th, so let's just have some fun NOW.

I like the Jets.

I hate the 49ers; they knocked us out of two NFL Championships. 

I like the Patriots, why?

Because the Steelers hate them because they tied them with 6 NFL Championships.

You mentioned a number of teams, but failed to mention the Steelers.  Ninja  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 07:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are right.  We should start a new forum for "creative whining" or "biggest drama queen".  That way these guys who care more about their victimhood than talking football could all have a great time there together.  The problem with having them in these forums is that they get so invested in their whining competitions that if anything good happens they have to attack that also.  If they had their own forum they would never have to worry about that.

Now who is being a drama queen and squealing?

[Image: th?id=OIP.WyTqILAHEJJguUGEvb0-ewHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 07:29 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Pats are 2-2 in their last 4 games.  Ninja

It'll be billed as a trap game for the Patriots, but in reality it will be their "get healthy" game.  They'll hang 38 on us, the Pundits will claim "see, Brady's just fine".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've tried explaining that to people so many times, i might as well be speaking to a wall.  Mellow

That scenario would seem a lot more plausible if they had ever even once overpaid (which is what happens with top FAs) for outside talent in their history. It doesn't matter how much cap space they have because we all know they have to save it for the rookies, injuries, and paying our own.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 08:29 PM)jason Wrote: That scenario would seem a lot more plausible if they had ever even once overpaid (which is what happens with top FAs) for outside talent in their history. It doesn't matter how much cap space they have because we all know they have to save it for the rookies, injuries, and paying our own.

Hmm, they might have overpaid for a player or two.  Wasn't there a WR that they paid a lot of money (for the Bengals) who ended up never playing a down for them?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, they might have overpaid for a player or two.  Wasn't there a WR that they paid a lot of money (for the Bengals) who ended up never playing a down for them?

Antonio Bryant in 2010.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 08:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Antonio Bryant in 2010.

Yes, that's the one.  Thank you, and your steel trap mind.  (or google  Ninja)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, that's the one.  Thank you, and your steel trap mind.  (or google  Ninja)

I was gonna go with Matt Jones... Guy was a beast in Jacksonville.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, it's that time, once again.  The Bengals season is officially in the tank, yet they'll reel off a few meaningless victories, and people will confuse that with actual improvement.

In fact, it's already happening.  I'm already seeing some fans on here singing Andy Dalton's praises, and lauding Lou Anarumo for the much improved defense.   LOL

Yeah this win was nice, all wins are.  I've knocked the Bengals enough this season, props to The Boys.  Now will the team call it a season now that they eliminated 0-16?  Dalton for sure will start the remainder of the season.  But will he stay upright?  Jets got 1 sack and Dunlop got three.  Not likely to see that going forward.  Dalton, like most QB's, is good with a clean pocket and bad when he's a tackling dummy.  His game day 88 QB rating was good, not great.

Three of four remaining games will see Dalton getting pressured if not becoming the Tackling Dummy.  
Reply/Quote