Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dear Bengals...
(12-05-2015, 02:46 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Wow, the Bengals go 9-2 and suddenly the Bengals fanbase are now experts at what it takes to be an NFL "fan". Really, dudes? You're giving me advice on how to be a "fan"?

I guess I should listen. It's not easy to be a fan of a team that hasn't won a playoff game in over 2 decades. So, I guess when it comes to rooting for a team of futility, y'all are the experts. No other fanbase in the NFL would put up with a team like the Bengals for 2 decades.

I've been a fan of the Colts since I first learned to recognize NFL football teams (I was 12). The horseshoe on the helmet looked very cool to me - and still does. Unlike STRIPES, which reminds me of some kind of jailhouse outfit. Anyone who knows me personally knows how much of a Colts fan I am. So I'm not going to let a bunch of people who root for a team wearing stripes on their helmet tell me whether I am or am not a Colts fan. Let's discuss this again AFTER your striped team wins a playoff game - IF they do!  Rolleyes

And yet, you don't know if you should root for the Colts to win every game!

It has NOTHING to do with who WE root for. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that you can't claim to be a fan of a team and NOT root for the to win. By your own admission, you're "torn" on who to root for when the Colts play certain teams. That is, by definition, NOT being a fan.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Colts defense is awful
Reply/Quote
fanofsixteenteams4ever is certainly getting his eyes full of respect tonight!Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow!

You guys really can't read, can you?

Beaker, so far, is the only one making sense when he asked me about who I thought was going to win. I told him my opinion. Why don't all of you go back to my comment to Beaker and read it carefully.

I expected the Colts to lose because of the following:

1) The game is in Pittsburgh
2) Big Ben played
3) 40-year old Hasselbeck is NOT competitive - he's just a stopgap
4) The Colts defense is non-existent

It's not that I didn't want the Colts to win, but I'm a realist and without Andrew Luck, the Colts are basically a .500 team.

Had Big Ben NOT played, the outcome might have been different. With him playing, the Steelers offense hums.

Was I pissed off about the loss? Not really. The Texans lost too so the Colts are still leading the division.

Shouldn't all of y'all be celebrating somewhere about the Bengals being the No.1 seed in the AFC? :snark:
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 09:20 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Wow!

Beaker, so far, is the only one making sense when he asked me about who I thought was going to win. I told him my opinion. Why don't all of you go back to my comment to Beaker and read it carefully.

2) Big Ben played

It's not that I didn't want the Colts to win, but I'm a realist and without Andrew Luck, the Colts are basically a .500 team.

Had Big Ben NOT played, the outcome might have been different. With him playing, the Steelers offense hums.

Was I pissed off about the loss? Not really. The Texans lost too so the Colts are still leading the division.

Shouldn't all of y'all be celebrating somewhere about the Bengals being the No.1 seed in the AFC? :snark:

Looks like their best chance to win this season has been with Matt  :lol:
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 01:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: fanofsixteenteams4ever is certainly getting his eyes full of respect tonight!Smirk

Hilarious
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 09:20 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: It's not that I didn't want the Colts to win, but I'm a realist and without Andrew Luck, the Colts are basically a .500 team.

Actually, with Luck: 3-5.  With Matt: 3-1. So with Luck they're a sub-.500 team.....
Reply/Quote

2) Big Ben played

We can read... Read between the lines of your wishey washy posts. Its ok we see how you are, when it starts to get a little choppy in Indy you jump ship. Im not surprised, you've used this "respect" front as a launching pad to switch teams at a moments notice.

Youre logic is basically this "Its ok I can root for Pittsburgh now because Ive always respected them."

Jake Delhomme has already showed us that youre a lousy boyfriend, now we see that youre a lousy fan as well.
Reply/Quote

Yes, we can read. It's apparent that either YOU don't know what words mean or your too stupid to remember the bullshit that you post constantly.

Allow me to elucidate and illuminate for you what I mean.

Beaker asked (in a smack-like manner) how you thought the Colts would fare in the Bengals.

Here is your response with 0 editing done on my part:
(12-02-2015, 06:55 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I'm actually torn in this game. As you know, I respect the Steelers. It's the same way I felt when the Colts recently played the Buccaneers. I'm glad the Colts won, but I was sad the Bucs lost. It'll be the same way with the Colts and Steelers.

It's not the same as when the Colts goose-egged the Bengals or when the Colts pushed the Bengals out of the playoffs last season. Those games, I wasn't torn one bit! I clearly wanted the Colts to win!  ThumbsUp

You admit to being "torn" on the game. Now, had you left it at that, you could TRY to get away with saying you were torn on who would win, that you weren't sure which team was going to come away victorious. But you didn't. As usual, you have a hard time turning off your bullshit faucet once you get started and proceeded to tell any objective reader that when you said you were "torn", you weren't sure who you WANTED to win. The very fact that you didn't know which team you wanted to win only proves that you are not a fan of either team. 

Unlike you, I fully rooted for the Colts to beat the Steelers yesterday, doesn't make me a fan of the Colts. It would suggest to any semi-reasonably intelligent individual that if a die hard Bengals fan is more invested in whether or not your team wins than you are, then maybe you're not really a fan of said team.

Just a thought that I'm sure will just go in one ear and out the other.
Reply/Quote
The funny thing is, I don't think any Bengals fans actually hated the colts.....until coltsfan came along.
Reply/Quote
I get it! The reason y'all are on my case all the time is because I respect the Steelers! Especially on this board.

Funny how no one questioned my "fan credentials" when the Colts played the Buccaneers a couple of weeks back. That was actually a bigger deal to me since I grew up in the Tampa Bay area and all of my relatives are Buccaneer fans. Yet... not a peep here because the Bucs don't impact the Bengals. But the Steelers do! Lol.

Have fun with Big Ben this upcoming week!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 08:50 PM)Beaker Wrote: The funny thing is, I don't think any Bengals fans actually hated the colts.....until coltsfan came along.

True

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 10:02 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Have fun with Big Ben this upcoming week!  Wink

What is your prediction for this week's Bengals vs steelers game?

Please guarantee a steelers victory.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 10:02 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I get it! The reason y'all are on my case all the time is because I respect the Steelers! Especially on this board.

Funny how no one questioned my "fan credentials" when the Colts played the Buccaneers a couple of weeks back. That was actually a bigger deal to me since I grew up in the Tampa Bay area and all of my relatives are Buccaneer fans. Yet... not a peep here because the Bucs don't impact the Bengals. But the Steelers do! Lol.

You only respect the Steelers when:

A: They kick Indy's ass. Only to downplay your crappy teams performance.

B: They play Cincinnati. Because you're simply just a troll.

We all see what you're doing here. The Colts are tanking so you're trying to jump on the Pittsburgh bandwagon.

Have some god damned dignity man.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 10:02 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I get it! The reason y'all are on my case all the time is because I respect the Steelers! Especially on this board.

Oh no....we question that too....fanoffifteenteams4ever. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

(12-08-2015, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Oh no....we question that too....fanoffifteenteams4ever. Wink

Yeah, it's not like this is the first time we've questioned your fanhood. It's been questioned for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 01:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, it's not like this is the first time we've questioned your fanhood. It's been questioned for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

He tries to hide his fairweatheredness behind the word "respect". Its not fooling anyone. As pathetic as he is im willing to bet he goes on the Colts message boards and claims he respects the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 02:52 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: He tries to hide his fairweatheredness behind the word "respect". Its not fooling anyone. As pathetic as he is im willing to bet he goes on the Colts message boards and claims he respects the Bengals.

The sad thing is he isn't even using the word correctly. Heck, I respect the Steelers, but that doesn't mean I ever root for them to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 03:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The sad thing is he isn't even using the word correctly. Heck, I respect the Steelers, but that doesn't mean I ever root for them to win.

I acknowledge the Steelers as a formidable opponent... I don't respect them at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 03:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I acknowledge the Steelers as a formidable opponent... I don't respect them at all.

I throw a Steelers decal in the toilet and piss on it whenever i have to go. 

Not sure if that's respect, but whatev.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote