Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Marv, GTFO
(11-20-2016, 06:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I won't go as far as saying GTFO. What I will say is that I appreciate everything he's done for the organization, but - even if Mike doesn't fire him at the end of the year - I hope he will walk away and allow someone an opportunity to lead this team.

I think this team is in desperate need of a new voice, a new approach and a new coaching style. I think if he's still at the helm next season, the response from many in the fanbase will be worse than anger...it will be complete apathy. 
I said the same thing in another thread. I'm a Marvin Lewis fan, but it's run its course. He should save Mike Brown the heartbreak, and move along.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:06 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The one HUGE problem with a new HC is that MB will not allow the new HC to control who he brings in and gets rid of. I just don't think it matters who is HC as long as the Bengals org has that philosophy.

That is why top Head Coach candidates will never come here, because they want and need that aspect to succeed. Even if Marvin does leave, we will get a HC who only wants the salary and experience not really expecting to win a SuperBowl. It will be an internal hire= No Change or someone outside with little experience and no say on his staff= No change Basically we are screwed either way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:14 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: That is why top Head Coach candidates will never come here, because they want and need that aspect to succeed. Even if Marvin does leave, we will get a HC who only wants the salary and experience not really expecting to win a SuperBowl. It will be an internal hire= No Change or someone outside with little experience and no say on his staff= No change Basically we are screwed either way.

That is why us Bengal fans are screwed until the Bengals org decides to run the team like a real pro team and not a bunch of buddy buddy bs with no accountability.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:54 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: No Brown will bring him back and say well if Green didn't get hurt they would have won out.

Please ...  Sick Please ......  Sick do not joke about shit like that. Because we all know how real that could be  Sick Sick Sick

**** the **** off Marvin you **** (that to the point enough) ohhh and take the useless turd Zampese with you  :paul:
Reply/Quote
Is that all you Bengal fans can do?

You squeal about Marvin, Dalton, Alexander, Bodine, Nugent, Maualuga, Pacman, Zampise, and the list goes on.

I have not seen a childish display like this since I was in grade school back in 19 ot 6.

Is it not okay for your team to totally suck at every facet of the game?

These coaches and players have achieved more in their lives than you could ever dream of in your own.

Now go back to flippin' burgers you nose picking cretins.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Marvin is garbage and if it came out that trash was strewn on his lawn I wouldn't feel bad, in fact, I'd laugh.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Is that all you Bengal fans can do?

You squeal about Marvin, Dalton, Alexander, Bodine, Nugent, Maualuga, Pacman, Zampise, and the list goes on.

I have not seen a childish display like this since I was in grade school back in 19 ot 6.

These coaches and players have achieved more in their lives than you could ever dream of in your own.

You GRTFO of my thread with that shit!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:06 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The one HUGE problem with a new HC is that MB will not allow the new HC to control who he brings in and gets rid of.  I just don't think it matters who is HC as long as the Bengals org has that philosophy.

He allowed Marvin to do a lot of things when he first got here, like hiring his own staff and bringing in FA's like Hardy, Thornton, Clemons, Kelly, James and others. I think that part of the equation gets overblown a bit. 

I also see people saying that coaches won't want to come here because of Mike. Well, the Browns (probably the worst run organization in the NFL) got guys like Hue Jackson, Adam Gase, Matt Patricia, Doug Marrone, Sean McDermott and Teryl Austin to invterview for their opening...I would have to think the same type guys, and others, would be interested in the Bengals job.
Reply/Quote

I sense a bit of sarcasm. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He allowed Marvin to do a lot of things when he first got here, like hiring his own staff and bringing in FA's like Hardy, Thornton, Clemons, Kelly, James and others. I think that part of the equation gets overblown a bit. 

I also see people saying that coaches won't want to come here because of Mike. Well, the Browns (probably the worst run organization in the NFL) got guys like Hue Jackson, Adam Gase, Matt Patricia, Doug Marrone, Sean McDermott and Teryl Austin to invterview for their opening...I would have to think the same type guys, and others, would be interested in the Bengals job.

I thought Marvin was handcuffed a bit.  Don't we still have people on this staff from the 90's? 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You GRTFO of my thread with that shit!!

Hey don't blame me.

I listen to the voice of reason that is Fred.

Now stop squealing and GTFO Faulk !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He allowed Marvin to do a lot of things when he first got here, like hiring his own staff and bringing in FA's like Hardy, Thornton, Clemons, Kelly, James and others. I think that part of the equation gets overblown a bit. 

Both good points.

Marvin had freedom with the players, outside of the few key pieces already in place. He just didn't have a lot of say (I don't think) with some of his staff.

And there's quality coaches out there who would line up to come here. The Bengals have a talented roster, low expectations (seriously, go 9-7 and win a playoff game and half the base will get your name tattooed on them) and a very loyal management. 
Reply/Quote
Not really trying to complain as much as I am exasperated and tired of 25 years of MB and the way he runs things. I try VERY hard to stay positive.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:41 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I thought Marvin was handcuffed a bit.  Don't we still have people on this staff from the 90's? 

When Marvin was hired, he kept guys like Brat, Jimmy Anderson and Paul Alexander...but he also brought in Zampese, the Hayes brothers, Frazier, Hunley, Simmons, etc. I think Coyle was already on the staff, but was promoted.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 08:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When Marvin was hired, he kept guys like Brat, Jimmy Anderson and Paul Alexander...but he also brought in Zampese, the Hayes brothers, Frazier, Hunley, Simmons, etc. I think Coyle was already on the staff, but was promoted.

I see.  Thanks for the info.
Reply/Quote
GTFO!!!!11
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:43 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hey don't blame me.

I listen to the voice of reason that is Fred.

Now stop squealing and GTFO Faulk !

I can't GTFO!!

I have to yell GTFO and rep all the other yelled GTFOs!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:12 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: GTFO Marv

Did I do that correctly?  It felt right

You did great. Rep.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 07:06 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The one HUGE problem with a new HC is that MB will not allow the new HC to control who he brings in and gets rid of.  I just don't think it matters who is HC as long as the Bengals org has that philosophy.
This is so true and always has been. We changed the status quo in Washington DC earlier this month, we can do it here. Ready, PITCHFORKS ON THREE, Go!

Just like the 90's...only a fan revolution will have any effect. Count me in. Mikey can't hold on forever, if he tries, there are always empty seats. GO FANS! ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

WOW! You are so impressive...Naw!
Reply/Quote