Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derrick Henry Injury
(01-21-2022, 05:53 PM)Tony Wrote: What ever happened to a win is a win? Did this dude ever think they might of been a little rusty after the week off? I looked at it as a tune up game for the titans... The raiders game was never in doubt, even not playing our best....

That's what I'm saying!

We controlled the game and made sure we never gave them the advantage!

That's how you win home playoff games in the cold: you put points on the board when you can and make sure that you're never behind.

I think Taylor's actually evolving because he's NOT trying to force things instead of taking the easy points, which was a complaint I had about him.

That's not to say we shouldn't try to score a touchdown every drive, but sometimes controlling the game, limiting the opponent's chances to score, and putting up a field goal is enough to win. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 06:02 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: That whole Arizona offense did nothing

And I’m pretty sure Green got injured in the 2nd quarter

Your point?

No he was out there the whole game I believe. My point is Julio Jones is the at least the 5th best WR on the field tomorrow behind our three and AJ Brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 07:42 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No he was out there the whole game I believe. My point is Julio Jones is the at least the 5th best WR on the field tomorrow behind our three and AJ Brown.

Julio hasn’t been healthy this season. When healthy, even in his current state, I’d say he’s better than Boyd, and prob similar to Higgins
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 08:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Julio hasn’t been healthy this season. When healthy, even in his current state, I’d say he’s better than Boyd, and prob similar to Higgins

No even when healthy he hasn't been good this year. Julio is a name but he doesnt have the same juice he did in Atlanta. He is still a good receiver and if given opportunities he can make plays but expect the passing offense to run through AJ Brown, the RBs, and TEs for Tennessee.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 08:10 PM)Synric Wrote: No even when healthy he hasn't been good this year. Julio is a name but he doesnt have the same juice he did in Atlanta. He is still a good receiver and if given opportunities he can make plays but expect the passing offense to run through AJ Brown, the RBs, and TEs for Tennessee.

Very small sample size from Julio this year.

We all thought Green was washed, and he put up around 850 yards this season. Green managed to stay healthy though
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think they win too, but I'm not saying that because I have to. I'm saying it because I think Bengals have the better QB, more explosive receiving corps and the defenses are very comparable. Tannehill has 9 interceptions and 6 fumbles (2 lost) at home this year and the Bengals have been been a better pass defense on the road.

After taking a deep dive into all the numbers, I feel like this a actually a pretty damn good matchup for the Bengals.

Don't mistake my saying it as not believing it. It is just an inside joke with Shake about having to say it or be labeled negative lol. 

Henry is an issue and will put up points, no matter how good the run D is, he is something completely different as a back. Bright side is the Bengals offense can counter his production with Burrow's output. This leaves it at a deciding factor and for that factor it is a question of who do you trust more, Fat Randy or Evan McPherson. The advantage of getting points on drives that stall in the 36 or 37 yard range for the Bengals will be a big factor in the game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: I mean, he sorta always has been a troll. He was constantly ripping on the Bengals prior....

Very true and sadly he has a ton of followers, several on this board who are influenced by his style.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Getting to the Super Bowl is a team effort, not just a QB.

Rex Grossman made it to a Super Bowl.
Trent Dilfer won one.
Both are still not considered great QBs.

Also, what Super Bowl did Garoppolo start in?
Oh, that's right. He simply won super bowls as the backup to Tom Brady. He didn't actually play in one.

Both Tannehill and Garoppolo got their teams to their conference championship games in 2019 but lost.
EDIT - I forgot that 49ers got a bye and actually did make it to Super Bowl in 2019. Still lost to Chiefs though and performed worse against Chiefs than Tannehill did in the AFCC game.

How can a hall of famer make such a rookie mistake
Reply/Quote
I’m sure the coaches are doing this; but studying tape on defenses that shut Henry down would be wise. I’m watching highlights and that dude is SICK. Mega-Beast
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 10:09 PM)Whacked Wrote: I’m sure the coaches are doing this; but studying tape on defenses that shut Henry down would be wise. I’m watching highlights and that dude is SICK. Mega-Beast

Not coming off an injury and still gimping. I doubt he has 10 carries. Although, he will be put out there as a disruptive defensive mindset to open up AJ. They don't have a ton of weapons. I think they will pass a lot to TE in the middle because we are weak there.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 08:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Very small sample size from Julio this year.

We all thought Green was washed, and he put up around 850 yards this season. Green managed to stay healthy though
Green is washed.... Our #3 Boyd is better than green at this point.... Green does what he always does. Fade in playoff games...
Reply/Quote
I think if the Bengals hold Henry to 70 or fewer yards, we will win the game. Henry will probably have a few big runs. But, I hope the majority of his carries are only a few yards. Tennessee will probably at least try to get him going.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 10:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not coming off an injury and still gimping. I doubt he has 10 carries. Although, he will be put out there as a disruptive defensive mindset to open up AJ. They don't have a ton of weapons. I think they will pass a lot to TE in the middle because we are weak there.

I fear that TE crap in the middle of the field as well.

Every week. Lol.

Surprised we don’t get exposed / assaulted there more.
Reply/Quote
Henry lit us up last year and we won by two scores. For that matter, Tannehill, Brown, Henry and D'Onta all played that game and they still lost. I think teams will soon see they can't beat us if they don't diversify their attack... assuming they don't know that already.

The Bengals are a tough out, man. When you're playing a quarterback like Joe Burrow, your margin for error is narrow. You feel like you're always under the gun. The Raiders learned that last week.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 05:30 PM)motoarch Wrote: Runningbacks don't matter.

This team can run the ball well no matter who's holding it.

They do when they're 250 and 6'4" and can run like wide receivers.. Those guys don't grow on trees. I certainly would have never wanted to try to stop someone built like that..
I like our chances, but we'll see how it goes.. If the Bengals can stop the run they win.. That's all there is to it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Just don't see Henry being much other than a distraction first game back after a 2 month break with a steel plate and a limp. Don't see him being the difference in this game
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 11:37 PM)Whacked Wrote: I fear that TE crap in the middle of the field as well.

Every week. Lol.

Surprised we don’t get exposed / assaulted there more.

Lou has been putting Tre Flowers 1-1 on the TE for a couple of games now and the effects have been favorable. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 01:17 AM)Joelist Wrote: Lou has been putting Tre Flowers 1-1 on the TE for a couple of games now and the effects have been favorable. 

Good point. It has improved. Maybe it’s just me being conditioned to see the bad memories of this vulnerability abused for years by just about every team we ever played. Lol.

My biggest concern in this game is what the Titans vicious run game does - opens up the play action pass.

Tennessee’s play action pass average is one of the best. Our play action D is one of the worst. No bueno.

That said. This could end up being a fun Offensive shootout b/c if Boyd and Tee come to play, we will light them up too as we all know Chase will be doubled.

2 huge disadvantages that make this harder for JB to keep up.
1. Tenn’s pass attack and D-line. They will give Joe fits.
2. Mixon’s play as of late is dismal.

While JB is the better QB, he will have his work cut out for him.
Reply/Quote
Henry is full go and will get all the Carrie’s h available. If he is active and healthy he could get 25 carries.
Julio seems to be peaking having been used judiciously all year and just had his best game.

Hoping away their strengths doesn’t make it real. But we have faced bigger and stronger ones all year. And we have weapons they have to deal with.
Reply/Quote