Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Derrick Henry Injury
(01-21-2022, 05:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You do realize you play in the NFC South, right? That division is a joke and you have 4 layup games a year against the Jaguars and Texans. 

The Bengals missed out on the 1 seed by 1 game (rested their starters against CLE). We lost by a combined 9 points to the 49ers, Packers, and Jets. 

Stop acting like the 1 seed somehow automatically makes you better and the favorite to win this game. 

I never said we were the favorites. It's the playoffs baby if anybody knows 1st seed don't mean anything it's us. We did it to Bmore 2 years ago. I'm just stating the case as too why people look at us like we lucky or just crazy. Ton of injuries man. Injuries can derail a season for teams and I'm shocked we actually played well enough to make it. 

Yeah our division is shit but that's not why we made playoffs. We beat 8 winning teams to get here and with the help of you guys beating KC. Which thank u again of course. Loved that. I'm just saying you guys will be surprised at how well we can compete despite everybody picking us to get blown out. I'm not being biased I've acknowledged this is a tough game. If there are any other Titans fans saying other wise hold it against them lol I'm not dumb enough to say that. 
[Image: sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 04:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That second point is really important.

At home, against the Raiders and it was a 7 point win thanks to a Pratt INT.

The Titans are the number one seed for a reason, not to mention they got the number one seed while missing a record number of players in a season. Think I read somewhere they used over 90 players on the season and set that record. How many wins would the Bengals have if Chase missed the game Julio did, and Mixon was out as long as Henry, and Higgins missed a few like Brown did while Chase was out, and the line on both sides was just torn apart with injuries and etc, etc. All season long, the talk has been how fortunate the Bengals have been with the injury bug, the Titans were crushed by it and still took top seed in the AFC!! This will not be some walk away easy type game.

I still predict a win (have to say it so I'm not labeled as "negative" - Shake gets it) but this is going to be a brutal slugfest type of game and just as close if not closer than the Raider game.

I think they win too, but I'm not saying that because I have to. I'm saying it because I think Bengals have the better QB, more explosive receiving corps and the defenses are very comparable. Tannehill has 9 interceptions and 6 fumbles (2 lost) at home this year and the Bengals have been been a better pass defense on the road.

After taking a deep dive into all the numbers, I feel like this a actually a pretty damn good matchup for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:12 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: I never said we were the favorites. It's the playoffs baby if anybody knows 1st seed don't mean anything it's us. We did it to Bmore 2 years ago. I'm just stating the case as too why people look at us like we lucky or just crazy. Ton of injuries man. Injuries can derail a season for teams and I'm shocked we actually played well enough to make it. 

Yeah our division is shit but that's not why we made playoffs. We beat 8 winning teams to get here and with the help of you guys beating KC. Which thank u again of course. Loved that. I'm just saying you guys will be surprised at how well we can compete despite everybody picking us to get blown out. I'm not being biased I've acknowledged this is a tough game. If there are any other Titans fans saying other wise hold it against them lol I'm not dumb enough to say that. 

it's not going to be a blowout. This game will be won by 3 points or less I feel like. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:12 PM)MikeJones561 Wrote: I never said we were the favorites. It's the playoffs baby if anybody knows 1st seed don't mean anything it's us. We did it to Bmore 2 years ago. I'm just stating the case as too why people look at us like we lucky or just crazy. Ton of injuries man. Injuries can derail a season for teams and I'm shocked we actually played well enough to make it. 

Vrabel has done a damn good coaching job this year. It's hard to believe that team finished 12-5 with all of those injuries. Your FO must've done a good job on the roster too, having quality depth like that.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 03:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He's starting to get annoying.

30 plus years of losing, one win and all the sudden some of the twitter trolls came out acting like they are prom king.

Needs to chill a little, this is going to be a tightly contested game not some "cake walk" like Goodberry is acting. He is border-line a troll at this point.

I'm still predicting a Bengals win, but by 3 points is my guess.

I mean, he sorta always has been a troll. He was constantly ripping on the Bengals prior....

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 04:16 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: A healthy, but old Julio. Green was also healthy for the playoffs .

Old washed up aj green put up 800+ yards this season
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 04:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That second point is really important.

At home, against the Raiders and it was a 7 point win thanks to a Pratt INT.

The Titans are the number one seed for a reason, not to mention they got the number one seed while missing a record number of players in a season. Think I read somewhere they used over 90 players on the season and set that record. How many wins would the Bengals have if Chase missed the game Julio did, and Mixon was out as long as Henry, and Higgins missed a few like Brown did while Chase was out, and the line on both sides was just torn apart with injuries and etc, etc. All season long, the talk has been how fortunate the Bengals have been with the injury bug, the Titans were crushed by it and still took top seed in the AFC!! This will not be some walk away easy type game.

I still predict a win (have to say it so I'm not labeled as "negative" - Shake gets it) but this is going to be a brutal slugfest type of game and just as close if not closer than the Raider game.

It *should* be about like a typical AFCN slugfest.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Old washed up aj green put up 800+ yards this season

I agree Frank....Eli better bring his A game.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Getting to the Super Bowl is a team effort, not just a QB.

Rex Grossman made it to a Super Bowl.
Trent Dilfer won one.
Both are still not considered great QBs.

Also, what Super Bowl did Garoppolo start in?
Oh, that's right. He simply won super bowls as the backup to Tom Brady. He didn't actually play in one.

Both Tannehill and Garoppolo got their teams to their conference championship games in 2019 but lost.

Umm He got the niners to the super bowl against the chiefs...... Almost won it too.. Kinda discredits everything you say. It was only 2 years ago..
Reply/Quote

All the teams remaining in the playoffs are good.
Honestly, the Bengals and Titans both are probably going to be the underdog against the winner from the KC-BUF game.
It's definitely not going to be a blowout.
I foresee it being a similar score to the CIN-LV game.
Maybe 27-20.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:25 PM)Tony Wrote: Umm He got the niners to the super bowl against the chiefs...... Almost won it too..

You're right.
I forgot SF got the SB in 2019.
I thought they only made it to the conference champ game that year.

Still, you're talking about Garoppolo making it Super Bowl but only putting up 219 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs. 69 rating in that game.
Tannehill, in the AFC Championship Game that same year also against the Chiefs put up 209 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs. 108.1 rating.

Tannehill did better against the exact same team than Garoppolo did.

Also, the fact Garoppolo did play in the Super Bowl doesn't "discredit everything I say."
What I said were statistical facts.
Tannehill has been better in the playoffs than Garoppolo.
Both lost to the Chiefs, one just had to play them one round earlier.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: it's not going to be a blowout. This game will be won by 3 points or less I feel like. 

Yeah the spread is 3.5 that sounds about right
[Image: sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I see people talking about jimmy garrapolo

He stinks. He has the best supporting cast in football(if you also include offensive line), and he still is sketchy as a QB
Reply/Quote
If the Niners had a better QB they'd be a perennial Super Bowl contender. Jimmy's most certainly the weak link of that squad.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

I don't know who is picking you to get blown out.  Titans are favored in Vegas and the few seconds I spend listening to talking heads they seem to mostly pick the Titans.  I guess some guys here are calling for a blowout, but it's not many.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know who is picking you to get blown out.  Titans are favored in Vegas and the few seconds I spend listening to talking heads they seem to mostly pick the Titans.  I guess some guys here are calling for a blowout, but it's not many.

I'm calling a blowout.. 41 - 24
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 04:11 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: 1. Seek help. Immediately. 

2. How many field goals did we come away with against the Raiders, one of the worst defenses in the league in the red zone? That should have been a 28 point win, came down to the last play. The offense isn't as good as you think it is. I rest my case.

Internet tough guy responds to accusations of being an internet tough guy by........... posting like he's an internet tough guy!

Hilarious

We came away with field goals because we were playing conservative and just wanted to make sure we put points on the board. There was no reason to get aggressive and risk a turnover when we had the sure points.

It's called game management.

By the way, one of those red zone trips ended in a field goal because of a false start on third and 2 and the other one was a 4th and 1 that we probably would have gone for if the field goal hadn't put us up 7 and that's, once again, good game management.

Seek help. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Internet tough guy responds to accusations of being an internet tough guy by........... posting like he's an internet tough guy!

Hilarious

We came away with field goals because we were playing conservative and just wanted to make sure we put points on the board. There was no reason to get aggressive and risk a turnover when we had the sure points.

It's called game management.

By the way, one of those red zone trips ended in a field goal because of a false start on third and 2 and the other one was a 4th and 1 that we probably would have gone for if the field goal hadn't put us up 7 and that's, once again, good game management.

Seek help. ThumbsUp

What ever happened to a win is a win? Did this dude ever think they might of been a little rusty after the week off? I looked at it as a tune up game for the titans... The raiders game was never in doubt, even not playing our best....
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Old washed up aj green put up 800+ yards this season

And had 0 catches on 3 targets in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:59 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: And had 0 catches on 3 targets in the playoffs.

That whole Arizona offense did nothing

And I’m pretty sure Green got injured in the 2nd quarter

Your point?
Reply/Quote