Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did AJ Green say "just trade me"?
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/11/21511793/a-j-green-just-trade-me-bengals-vs-ravens-2020-nfl-rumors

Sure looks like it. I wonder what he thinks we would get for him? A Covid mask? Probably a used Covid mask.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sold on the lip reading thing. Not at all. And to take it a step further, that pass way WAY over his head. I dont think he couldve knocked it out of the DBs hands. I think AJ was surprised the DB jumped up and caught it to be honest. It just wasnt a good pass or even close. Burrow threw it basically falling back with a defender about to hit him. Terrible pass.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:06 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm not sold on the lip reading thing. Not at all. And to take it a step further, that pass way WAY over his head. I dont think he couldve knocked it out of the DBs hands. I think AJ was surprised the DB jumped up and caught it to be honest. It just wasnt a good pass or even close. Burrow threw it basically falling back with a defender about to hit him. Terrible pass.

The “effort” after the pick was pathetic. He’s clearly playing afraid as to not re-injure himself.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:06 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm not sold on the lip reading thing. Not at all. And to take it a step further, that pass way WAY over his head. I dont think he couldve knocked it out of the DBs hands. I think AJ was surprised the DB jumped up and caught it to be honest. It just wasnt a good pass or even close. Burrow threw it basically falling back with a defender about to hit him. Terrible pass.

Most people's issue, mine at least, was during the return he was running away from the guy with the ball. That is showing no interest in helping the team. In comparison watch Burrow sprinting down the sideline chasing Patrick Queen when Mike Thomas fumbled the ball in the 4th, side note QB's shouldn't do that in blowouts as it's a great way to get de-cleated. 

I'm not going to get into the lip-reading, however, his route running on deep balls has looked bad all year and I personally chalked it up to him being "shot" but I am open to the idea of it being a lack of effort potentially. We will see where we go from here but it seems clear to me AJ Green's time as a Bengal isn't going beyond this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The “effort” after the pick was pathetic. He’s clearly playing afraid as to not re-injure himself.

Oh yeah he definitely made zero effort to tackle the guy lol.
Reply/Quote
That's a ridiculously wild guess that is about as likely as anything.

Anyways, if he had said it I'd wonder, 'Who will pay the rest of a $18 million contract for less than 1 year of a WR who has to show he's back to his old form?'

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:16 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: That's a ridiculously wild guess that is about as likely as anything.

Anyways, if he had said it I'd wonder, 'Who will pay the rest of a $18 million contract for less than 1 year of a WR who has to show he's back to his old form?'

Seahawks, Patriots, Texans. I have a feeling the rest of the NFL doesn't see him as washed up as our fan base does
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure he said trade me. Regardless A.J. Green isn’t even tradable he has done nothing this year, is injury prone , is making a ton of money and is a free agent after the season. Big picture just remember the good days we had with A.J. and next year he and Ross are gone and we move forward with Higgins and Boyd.
Reply/Quote
Sorry, I don't see the lip reading thing... he could have been saying anything. And yes, his lack of attempt to tackle is unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:19 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Seahawks, Patriots, Texans. I have a feeling the rest of the NFL doesn't see him as washed up as our fan base does

I guarantee they do.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The “effort” after the pick was pathetic. He’s clearly playing afraid as to not re-injure himself.

Yup.  He literally ran away from the guy after the pick.

At this point, I would say put him on IR and maybe activate him for the last home game to say goodbye.  Divide up his snaps between Thomas, Tate, and Ross.

They will have to look for a new #1 next year unless Tee can establish himself as that kind of player.  Right now, we have no deep threat and nobody that can win against double coverage.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:19 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Seahawks, Patriots, Texans. I have a feeling the rest of the NFL doesn't see him as washed up as our fan base does

Seahawks have Metcalf and Lockett, Texans 1-4 in cap hell with no draft picks. New England makes some sense but I can’t see them paying him that much money.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:16 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: That's a ridiculously wild guess that is about as likely as anything.

The Eagles and Washington Football Team are the two who make sense because they are "in the hunt" and can conceivably fit him under the cap. The Eagles are throwing to a bunch of guys no one has heard of and with a chance to win the division, they have shown a willingness to make moves to win now in the past. Washington moving away from Haskins signaled they are interested in trying to make a run this year, and with how bad the division is it isn't impossible. Washington lacks any weapon outside of McLaurin so a second weapon may be of interest to them.
Reply/Quote
The interception was 8 yards over his head by the time he was aware it was picked guy was on other side of field. You guys are ridiculous have fun watching garbage Taylor coach next week cause I wont be.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:20 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m not sure he said trade me. Regardless A.J. Green isn’t even tradable he has done nothing this year, is injury prone , is making a ton of money and is a free agent after the season. Big picture just remember the good days we had with A.J. and next year he and Ross are gone and we move forward with Higgins and Boyd.

You'd be surprised how desperate teams get around the deadline. Muhammad Sanu went for a 2nd last year, although he did have a 2nd year on the contract (that they later regretted). That said, I could see a 4th/5th on the table for him come the deadline of someone looking for some sort of help since there is little left in FA to offset a potential injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Most people's issue, mine at least, was during the return he was running away from the guy with the ball. That is showing no interest in helping the team. In comparison watch Burrow sprinting down the sideline chasing Patrick Queen when Mike Thomas fumbled the ball in the 4th, side note QB's shouldn't do that in blowouts as it's a great way to get de-cleated. 

I'm not going to get into the lip-reading, however, his route running on deep balls has looked bad all year and I personally chalked it up to him being "shot" but I am open to the idea of it being a lack of effort potentially. We will see where we go from here but it seems clear to me AJ Green's time as a Bengal isn't going beyond this year. 

His half assing it may be passive aggressive resistance towards the FT.

I've also played team sports with guys that will feign injury when they struggle so they have an excuse for playing poorly and can hopefully get pulled out of the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yup.  He literally ran away from the guy after the pick.

At this point, I would say put him on IR and maybe activate him for the last home game to say goodbye.  Divide up his snaps between Thomas, Tate, and Ross.

They will have to look for a new #1 next year unless Tee can establish himself as that kind of player.  Right now, we have no deep threat and nobody that can win against double coverage.

Tee was the #1 guy at Clemson last year, and he’s shown some nice flashes so far. It would be great to add a Chase or a Waddle, but unfortunately I just don’t think we have that luxury. Not when our QB is literally running for his life, and our RB is met in the backfield half the time.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 12:28 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The interception was 8 yards over his head by the time he was aware it was picked guy was on other side of field. You guys are ridiculous have fun watching garbage Taylor coach next week cause I wont be.

Thanks for letting us know.

Reply/Quote
I saw someone who reads lips say AJ said, "If you don't wanna use me, you know what I mean, just trade me."

If any playoff-contending team would be willing to take the remainder of AJ's contract (or even part of it while Bengals pay the rest), it would be more than welcome.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
For what, AJ?
You aren't worth shit anymore.
Reply/Quote