Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone see that 1 foot down TD the Stoolers were rewarded last night?
If that is the Bengals no way we get that call, look at the fumble yesterday for Cleveland, it's as if some teams are just the "fall guys" for the NFL, yet precious little pittsburgh gets every call imaginable. Makes me wanna puke.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 12:46 PM)740Bengal Wrote: If that is the Bengals no way we get that call,  look at the fumble yesterday for Cleveland, it's as if some teams are just the "fall guys" for the NFL, yet precious little pittsburgh gets every call imaginable.  Makes me wanna puke.

Always has been this was and sadly probably always will be. 

BS
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yeah. The refs screwed up not calling an unnecessary roughness penalty in the 2nd qtr when Ben got thrown down after the whistle. Tomlin & Co. were crying like little b*tches.

The bat phone went off at half time in the refs' locker room to "right the ship out there or else."

Boom... Touchdown awarded to an out of bounds WR on the opening drive of the second half.

I'm exaggerating, but the sick thing is probably only a little.
Reply/Quote
lol but if your a Bengal one knee equals no feet down lol
Reply/Quote
Don't say that to a Steelers fan, all they will say is delusional Bengals fan cry about it lol
Reply/Quote
I didn't see the play you're referring to, but I remember a very questionable Jeff Triplett call against the Colts in 2013. It happens.
Reply/Quote
The Martavius Bryant flip catch against us in the playoffs last year was just one foot down yet they called it a TD for them.  even after booth review.  After that non call, NOTHING, and I mean nothing, surprises me anymore when it comes to that team.

F them and everything about them.  F their owners, F their coaches, F their behind the scenes middle men, F their scouting department, F their payroll assistants, F that F-ing yellow towel, F their stadium, F their franchise history, F their ring of honor, F their current players, F their 'better than thou' fans, F that franchise.    I won't even buy Heintz ketchup anymore.  If I ever seen that goon Hinz Ward in a dark alley.....I'm going to go Kung Fu Panda on his a$$.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 03:09 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The Martavius Bryant flip catch against us in the playoffs last year was just one foot down yet they called it a TD for them.  even after booth review.  After that non call, NOTHING, and I mean nothing, surprises me anymore when it comes to that team.

F them and everything about them.  F their owners, F their coaches, F their behind the scenes middle men, F their scouting department, F their payroll assistants, F that F-ing yellow towel, F their stadium, F their franchise history, F their ring of honor, F their current players, F their 'better than thou' fans, F that franchise.    I won't even buy Heintz ketchup anymore.  If I ever seen that goon Hinz Ward in a dark alley.....I'm going to go Kung Fu Panda on his a$$.

F-n A
Reply/Quote
It was the Wheaton TD and it was a good catch and TD because his right butt cheek hit inbounds and one butt cheek = two feet under catch rules.
Reply/Quote
I hope our next game with the Steelers is sold out already. Sorry I can't be there. The Jungle ought to really earn its name for that game. Bring the noise, people!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
He pushed off big time on that play too.
Reply/Quote
Stupid question, but what did the Steelers do to get this preferential treatment and why can't Mike Brown and the Bengals do the same thing?
Reply/Quote
how does anyone feel comfortable saying the word stooler?
Reply/Quote
The first Steelers game completely numbed me to football. It was a complete farce. The Steelers are probably going to win it all and I really don't give a shit. It's what they do. A lot of times with a little help from their friends.

Accepting that and choking it down is more liberating than one could imagine.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 07:11 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The first Steelers game completely numbed me to football. It was a complete farce. The Steelers are probably going to win it all and I really don't give a shit.  It's what they do. A lot of times with a little help from their friends.  

Accepting that and choking it down is more liberating than one could imagine.

It also helps to drink a bottle of absinthe while accepting that fact. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 06:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Stupid question, but what did the Steelers do to get this preferential treatment and why can't Mike Brown and the Bengals do the same thing?

Probably has something to do with the history and ties to gambling that the Rooney family has always had.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2008/07/10/Professional-football-has-longtime-gambling-ties/stories/200807100256

Ridiculous how all these years the league continues to allow this thug of an organization to get away with everything. Rules are bent for them or just not called the same way. They preach safety yet calls go uncalled against their players until horrible injuries occur. Yet officiating defends the other calls and rules are created year after year after the fact. Yet another team dished them physical play and they cried about it. Our best defender got taken away and wouldn't you know it they scheduled a game in their house during the period he was suspended. It's sickening and I'm so happy my son's hockey practice is the same time every Sunday so I have a release from this cursed sorry ass fake football league.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 06:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Stupid question, but what did the Steelers do to get this preferential treatment and why can't Mike Brown and the Bengals do the same thing?

The Steelers have one of the biggest fanbases, and as a result, draw higher ratings for the league than almost anybody else.  It's in the league's interest for them to be good.  Conversely, the Bengals have one of the smallest fanbases and draw worse ratings for the league than almost anybody else.  Steeler fans also drop a lot more money on merchandise and such on average, while Bengal fans are notoriously frugal.

If you want to close the gap, sad to say, buy some new Bengals gear and boycott Steeler games on tv to stop adding to their ratings draw power.  Because of their ability to make money for the league and their large vocal fanbase, close calls are usually going to go the Steeler's way.  If the Bengals get hosed on a bad call, nobody but Bengal fans care.  If the Steelers get hosed on a bad call, the national media will make a big deal out of it because their huge fanbase will eat it up.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 09:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Steelers have one of the biggest fanbases, and as a result, draw higher ratings for the league than almost anybody else.  It's in the league's interest for them to be good.  Conversely, the Bengals have one of the smallest fanbases and draw worse ratings for the league than almost anybody else.  Steeler fans also drop a lot more money on merchandise and such on average, while Bengal fans are notoriously frugal.

If you want to close the gap, sad to say, buy some new Bengals gear and boycott Steeler games on tv to stop adding to their ratings draw power.  Because of their ability to make money for the league and their large vocal fanbase, close calls are usually going to go the Steeler's way.  If the Bengals get hosed on a bad call, nobody but Bengal fans care.  If the Steelers get hosed on a bad call, the national media will make a big deal out of it because their huge fanbase will eat it up.

If every last Bengals fan turned off the Steelers and bought a jersey it wouldn't make a dent. We proud (very) few.
Reply/Quote
Another Steelers thread in JN.......

Reply/Quote

Stony and Whatever mentioned popularity and history, but the bottom line, like just about everything else in this country, is money.  They make the NFL more money, so they get preferential treatment.

The Bengals are a small market team, so the best we can hope for is an apology a day after the game saying "we screwed up and you should have won, but shit happens.  Have a nice day."
Reply/Quote