Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Does Trump inspire hate from his followers?
(10-18-2019, 01:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL and a Press statement denouncing the video means nothing right? Yep, ofc it means nothing to you. You will never be happy with anything he does. So I give it up to you. Just keep being you! :) Like the MSM you just can't help yourself. but really. I'm glad people like you are out there doing all you can to get more votes to DJT.

DJT for 4 More Years..  I suggest a new hat color for additional triggering.  :)

Maybe a light blue, then anyone wearing a Xavier/UK/Duke/NC/UCLA/Illinois/Kansas/Dayton/Tulsa/Penn State/Memphis/Boise State/UTEP/Virginia/Rice will be triggering people.

It means that some of the sane, reasonable people left in the admin knew they had to CYA.

It is in no way a defense of Trump himself not saying a words about it.  DJT comments on everything and anything.  All day long.

When he doesn't say something it is news.

But you know that.

You're just "triggered" because your boy looks bad.

But a new hat....it will make you feel better and like you're part of "something"!  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-18-2019, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now I am totally confused.

Why can't you deal with this in a mature way instead of getting triggered?  And how can you insult people for being triggered then admit to being triggered yourself?

We know you're confused, I can't help you with that. Maybe one of our other posters can assist you with your personal dilemma. Coming out is never easy, but we're all here to support you. :andy:

Oh I'm fine with it, I'm just playing the liberal "triggered" game. I stooped to his level, you're right, I shouldn't have done that.  I'll stop falling for his shaming tactics and go back to starving him of attention.

Oh Look, more shaming tactics.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-16-2019, 07:07 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes I get it about the Celebs, but they actually did/said it and openly endorse the removal of Trump by any means.

Trump didn't make this video, some schmuck made it. 
Who's the biggest people faulting him for it? MSM and DINO.

I laugh when people make fun of Trump just as much as I laugh when he makes fun of others. It's all a dog and pony show. Even laughed when people made fun of W and Obama. That happens, nature of the business.

I don't think anyone is accusing Trump of making the video.

The outrage stems from the message and full on support and defense of it by Trumpsters.

This is less about "making fun" of politicians, which is done every night on talk shows by comedians in the US, than it is about Trump's style and the content of his policies. 

The curious double standard running through discussion of the video has implications beyond humor.Trump can lie all day long without losing support, while accusing the MSM of lying when it tells the plain truth about his words and deeds. Millions believe him when calls the press the "enemy of the people." That is what authoritarian leaders do to limit and distort the kind of information required for an informed electorate. Trump defenses are all about "hate" rather than determinable facts. Those who criticize Trump for exactly what people should criticize him for--vulgar behavior, using the office to enrich himself, getting hundreds of our allies killed--are just people who would "criticize him no matter what." That's like saying that when CNN fired kathy griffin for her beheaded Trump photograph, they would have fired her for anything.

As I have said before, you cannot defend Trump without lowering ethical standards nor support him without abandoning democratic norms.

If enough people agree with him that the MSM is fake news, then we are in a crisis of democracy. Enough of the electorate has simply separated its politics from factual and logical accountability to keep him in power and damaging US interests.   I can't sit back and laugh at that.
(10-18-2019, 02:55 PM)Dill Wrote:  accusing the MSM of lying when it tells the plain truth about his words and deeds. Millions believe him when calls the press the "enemy of the people." That is what authoritarian leaders do to limit and distort the kind of information required for an informed electorate. 

This.

A joke about a racial stereotype from a stand up comedian can be funny because the comedian does not have a history as endorsing that stereotype as true.

That same joke coming from David Duke is cause for concern.

Trump has repeatedly disparaged the media as corrupt "enemies of the state".  Citizens are justified in killing enemies of the state.  And the crowds go into a frenzy at his campaign rallies when he attacks the press.  So when the video is shown by a Pro-Trump group at a conference at a Trump resort it is a cause for concern.
(10-18-2019, 02:55 PM)Dill Wrote: I don't think anyone is accusing Trump of making the video.

The outrage stems from the message and full on support and defense of it by Trumpsters.

This is less about "making fun" of politicians, which is done every night on talk shows by comedians in the US, than it is about Trump's style and the content of his policies. 

The curious double standard running through discussion of the video has implications beyond humor.Trump can lie all day long without losing support, while accusing the MSM of lying when it tells the plain truth about his words and deeds. Millions believe him when calls the press the "enemy of the people." That is what authoritarian leaders do to limit and distort the kind of information required for an informed electorate. Trump defenses are all about "hate" rather than determinable facts. Those who criticize Trump for exactly what people should criticize him for--vulgar behavior, using the office to enrich himself, getting hundreds of our allies killed--are just people who would "criticize him no matter what."  That's like saying that when CNN fired kathy griffin for her beheaded Trump photograph, they would have fired her for anything.

As I have said before, you cannot defend Trump without lowering ethical standards nor support him without abandoning democratic norms.

If enough people agree with him that the MSM is fake news, then we are in a crisis of democracy. Enough of the electorate has simply separated its politics from factual and logical accountability to keep him in power and damaging US interests.   I can't sit back and laugh at that.

I've never claimed that it was fake. They've done a good enough job burying themselves with the half truths and misleading statements and cutting of interviewees in mid sentence to build a story. If you can't admit they do that, then tell me which network is a reliable evenly biased news source. I personally use a left and right source and try to find the middle ground. It's like 2 kids fighting, each has their own story, but the absolute truth lies somewhere in between.

For MSM it's all about baiting and getting those little clicks. Many people won't pay attention if it's not dramatized/sensationalized/and zingers batted back and forth. The days of Family Ties is long gone, people want Honey Boo Boo/NBA Wives drama now. It's just a cultural shift. Maybe in a few years, people will tire of it and it'll shift back or shift to the next big thing.
There is so much fake tough guy crap for Trump from that video to flags with his head on Rambos body that I can't fathom that his supporters take it or him seriously. It's like that stupid Michael Dukakis in a tank "see how tough I am" photo over and over again.

Lordy.
(10-18-2019, 03:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I've never claimed that it was fake. They've done a good enough job burying themselves with the half truths and misleading statements and cutting of interviewees in mid sentence to build a story. If you can't admit they do that, then tell me which network is a reliable evenly biased news source. I personally use a left and right source and try to find the middle ground. It's like 2 kids fighting, each has their own story, but the absolute truth lies somewhere in between.

For MSM it's all about baiting and getting those little clicks. Many people won't pay attention if it's not dramatized/sensationalized/and zingers batted back and forth. The days of Family Ties is long gone, people want Honey Boo Boo/NBA Wives drama now. It's just a cultural shift. Maybe in a few years, people will tire of it and it'll shift back or shift to the next big thing.
Honey Boo Boo's parents, Mama June and Sugar Bear are Trump lovers like you. ThumbsUp
(10-18-2019, 03:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I've never claimed that it was fake. They've done a good enough job burying themselves with the half truths and misleading statements and cutting of interviewees in mid sentence to build a story. If you can't admit they do that, then tell me which network is a reliable evenly biased news source. I personally use a left and right source and try to find the middle ground. It's like 2 kids fighting, each has their own story, but the absolute truth lies somewhere in between.

Thanks for the response O-Mike. Glad you are still hanging in there.

Like you, I get news from different sources.  "Right and left" are not my first consideration. I am not looking for "evenly biased sources" at all. I am FIRST concerned about competence, clear presentation of factual record, and required background information to contextualize events--in short quality, professional journalism.

Only SECOND am I concerned with how different (right/MSM/left) news sources report and drive differing narratives. I have to watch bad news/disinformation sources now, because they set the agenda as much as professional news sources.

So I don't really see "two kids fighting."  I see adults "adulting" and some kids trying to get attention. So some news organizations certainly seem more "kid-like" and less professional than others. Take Fox. They have people I think are professional, like Baer and Wallace, but they also put out HOURS of commentary analogous to Kremlin propaganda. They don't shy from conspiracy theories. They cannot see a quid pro quo in the summary of the Trump/Zelenskyy call, but they can see how Trump is fighting corruption when he demands the Ukraine and China investigate a political opponent. Tucker, Laura and Sean simply shill for the president. If you want to know about Trump's amazing stamina and how tired and saggy Pelosi looks they'll give you their impressions. Weak interviews. Loud but anxious laughter at Dems suffering Trump derangement syndrome, as Trump shoots himself in one foot when he insists the G7 meet at his golf resort (while an IMPEACHMENT inquiry is underway, no less), and shoots himself in the other foot when he abandons our allies and backs down from Erdogan. 

MSNBC and CNN have some propagandistic moments. I find Lawrence O'Donnell often tiresome, talking about personalities rather than news on and on.  But Rachel Maddow and Chris Hayes are something else--first rate contextualization of news events. Serious interviews. But Trump supporters rarely appear. CNN has good debates and analysis.  Both are professional, much less drama, and so not the mirror-image of Fox.

As far as US newspapers and investigative journalism, the New York Times is still the gold standard. Followed by the Washington Post. They make errors and can get fooled (e.g., Saddam's WMDs) but they do better than anyone else.  WSJ is good for economic news and analysis. Some magazines are also good, not for news, but for more  in-depth contextualization--the Atlantic, the New Yorker, the Nation, sometimes the National Review.  At the other end of the spectrum, where conspiracy thrives, I see Breitbart, the WND, and Infowars, which has the president's ear.

Final point, book length treatments of political and historical issues, along with foreign policy journals, are really my ground for understanding and judging current politics, and assessing daily news.  Where possible I read primary sources as well--War Powers Act, Tower Commision, Iraq report, Green New Deal, Mueller Report, Supreme court decisions, etc.  

Well he said "don't hurt them" so we HAVE to take Trump at his word!!!

(Just ignore the j/o hand move as he walks away from the podium, that's all.)

Mellow

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mlb-umpire-threatens-to-buy-ar-15-start-cival-war-over-trump-impeachment-hearings-234819500.html

Quote:Veteran MLB umpire Rob Drake threatened on Twitter on Tuesday to buy an AR-15 for war over the impeachment hearings facing President Donald Trump, ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports.

The tweet was deleted shortly after it was posted, according to the report, and read “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! MAGA2020"

MLB commissioner Rob Manfred told reporters before Game 2 of the World Series on Wednesday that he will look into the tweet.

Drake rails against impeachment inquiry

Drake’s “CIVAL WAR” tweet —”cival” is his spelling — followed another tweet complaining about an “inquiry from the basement of Capital Hill.”

The U.S. House of Representatives is conducting a bipartisan, closed-door inquiry of witnesses via a panel of the House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs and Oversight committees as the impeachment process remains in the investigation stage. Trump stands accused by a whistleblower of using the office of the president to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate political rival Joe Biden.

A White House transcript of a phone call with President Volodymyr Zelensky supports the whistleblower complaint, and Trump’s acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney admitted in a news conference last week that “we do that all the time,” when referencing quid pro quos with foreign governments.

Drake has locked his Twitter account since ESPN’s report. He didn’t respond to ESPN requests for comment. Major League Baseball Umpires Association president Joe West also declined comment.

Drake, 50, has been an MLB umpire since 2010 and worked playoff games from 2012-15, according to his MLB bio. He was the home plate umpire for Felix Hernandez’s perfect game in 2012 and worked the World Baseball Classic in 2006 and 2017.

He co-founded a professional umpire ministry and lives in Arizona.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2019/10/28/michigan-auto-shops-scarecrow-showed-trump-holding-obama-head-on-rope/2478374001/

Quote:Michigan auto shop's display of Trump with Obama's head on rope draws outrage

[Image: ba80da9e-7a18-43c5-bcbf-692fb8acf497-733...&auto=webp]
The scarecrow outside of Quality Coatings in Fowlerville pictured last week, before the owner changed the display. (Photo: Kathy DeTroyer, provided)

FOWLERVILLE — A Livingston County auto shop’s Halloween decorations that depicted President Donald Trump holding former President Barack Obama’s head by a rope has drawn outrage from dozens of people who turned to social media to denounce the display as racist. 

Quality Coatings owner Dave Huff has since altered the Trump scarecrow that stands outside his business on Carr Street in Fowlerville, about 10 miles west of Howell. Huff hadn't expected backlash to the decorations because he said he's not racist and "no race ever went into this thing."

"It was a Halloween decoration that I guess went too far," he told the Detroit Free Press on Sunday. 

The original display, which he put up three weeks ago, showed a Trump scarecrow holding a black rope with an Obama mask attached to it. Some who criticized the display have said that the rope looked like a noose. Huff said it was meant to represent a spine and a move from the game Mortal Kombat.  

It also depicted the Trump scarecrow with his foot on Hillary Clinton's head.

Huff changed the scarecrow Friday, removing the rope and the Obama mask and adding yellow tape that reads, "PC-POLICE." 

Resident Kathy DeTroyer drew attention to the decorations Thursday in a Facebook post that said, in part, "I am disgusted this is in my hometown. Way to display your ignorance. Democrat or Republican this is just wrong." 
[Image: 2ba901af-8f55-49b2-a4bf-534906cbfee0-unn...&auto=webp]
The scarecrow displayed outside Quality Coatings in Fowlerville on Sunday, Oct. 27. (Photo: Angie Jackson, Detroit Free Press)

Huff said a village employee contacted him Friday morning to let him know about the Facebook comments.

The village is running a scarecrow decorating competition, but Quality Coatings was not registered. 

As of Sunday afternoon, the business had received more than 40 negative Facebook reviews from people referencing the Halloween decorations, with many blasting the display as racist, violent and in poor taste. 

“I’d rather spend my money with businesses that spread tolerance and respect, even towards those who you don’t align with,” 
Facebook user Kelly Kathleen wrote in a review posted Friday. 

Meanwhile, a handful of Facebook commenters have come to Quality Coatings’ defense in recent days and applauded its work.

Quality Coatings has not publicly responded to the negative reviews. Huff invited critics to have a dialogue with him in person or over the phone as opposed to over social media.  

More: Bernie Sanders draws big crowd, Tlaib endorsement in Detroit

DeTroyer said that she didn't want to "shine a negative light" on Fowlerville or "ruin" Huff, but she felt compelled to speak up after she saw the scarecrow while driving by the business last week. 
Robert Feeney, who lives across the street from Quality Coatings, noticed the scarecrow a few weeks ago and said he thought it was "pushing the boundaries."

"He’s getting a little carried away with it, especially when he had Obama’s head hanging on a noose," Feeney said.

Huff said he didn't vote in the 2016 presidential election and hasn't favored one candidate over another. 

"I don’t support anyone. I’ve never voted for anyone other than myself," he said. 

Well OF COURSE he doesn't support one candidate over another!  Where would anyone get THAT idea?!?!

Cool
https://www.newsweek.com/us-citizen-attacked-battery-acid-invading-america-1469696?utm_source=Public&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Distribution

Quote:U.S. CITIZEN ATTACKED WITH BATTERY ACID FOR 'INVADING' AMERICA

Police are investigating a hate crime case after a white male suspect threw battery acid on a Hispanic man in Milwaukee, saying "Why did you come here and invade my country?"

The unidentified 61-year-old attacker was arrested and charges are expected on Tuesday.
Mahud Villalaz, 42, said the attack happened after a man confronted him on Friday night in a parking lot. The man was angry over how Villalaz had parked his truck and also accused him of being in the United States illegally, reports The Oregonian.

Villalaz is a U.S. citizen who immigrated from Peru as a young man.

According to an Anti-Defamation League report on extremism, this attack comes during a spike in hate crimes directed at immigrants that is tied to mainstream political rhetoric.

Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett conveyed his disgust at the attack, in part blaming President Donald Trump for inciting hatred against minorities with his consistent speeches and tweets spreading anti-immigrant zeal among his supporters.

"To single out someone because they're from a Hispanic origin is simply wrong. And we know what's happening," Barrett said at a brief City Hall news conference.

"Everybody knows what's happening. It's because the president is talking about it on a daily basis that people feel they have license to go after Hispanic people. And it's wrong," he said.

"You don't begin a conversation with a racial slur and end it by throwing acid in someone's face," Barrett continued. "This is not what happens in a just society."

U.S. Representative Gwen Moore (D-Wis.) said she was "horrified to learn about this violent act of hate" and thanked the Milwaukee Police Department for acting quickly.

"No person should feel vulnerable because of their ethnicity or identity," Moore said in a statement. "The bigotry and hatred driving the nationwide rise in hate crimes aims to sow division, but Milwaukee will not stand for it. Instead, we must continue to embrace and love our neighbors."

"The fabric of our communities is strengthened by our diversity, which makes Milwaukee such a special place to live."

Villalaz was heading into a Mexican restaurant for dinner when the man approached him and said, "You cannot park here. You are doing something illegal." Villalaz said the man also accused him of "invading the country."

[color=rgba(12, 11, 11, 0.8)]RELATED STORIES
[/color]
He ended up moving his truck to another block, but when he returned to the restaurant, the man was waiting for him with an open bottle.
Villalaz said the man accused him again of being in the U.S. illegally. He responded that he was a citizen and that "everybody came from somewhere else here."

That's when the man tossed acid at him, which was caught on surveillance video. Villalaz turned his head quickly so the liquid covered the left side of his face.

The victim's sister told the Associated Press on Monday that Villalaz was recovering but in shock, and that he believes the man was prepared and wanted to attack someone.
"The baby is born. The mother meets with the doctor. They take care of the baby. They wrap the baby beautifully, and then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby."

Trump describes liberal policies as such.
Is that misinformation meant to inspire hate against those childmurderers? I'd say so.

He also calls media folks terrible and enemy of the people, his adversaries are "human scum" or America-hating socialists, or he gives them derogatory nicknames, he peddled birtherism and called Obama a sick man, he asked for protesters to be beat up like in the good old times, suggested that bullets dropped in swine blood are good against muslims, told congresswomen of color to go where they came from, initiated lock her up chants, asssociated Mexicans and lottery immigrants with rapists and murderers and massive voter fraud scams, he talks of the world as a bunch of ganefs who just take advantage of the US, he... [10.000 more lines]

- and I do not get how this question can even be debated. Hate and anger are the motivational factors he banks on.
Here's a fun read.

[Image: EKb-Y_ZUYAA-i-1?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

[Image: EKb-Y_sVAAA4RhT?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: EKb-Y_tUcAEVSYT?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Trump's base right there.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-29-2019, 09:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Here's a fun read.

Make friends with pieces of shit and they'll likely treat you like shit.

Though, you better be careful about calling people white supremacist here. Many here take issue for using that label when the accused are simply professing the belief that other races are inherently less intelligent and that only white people should be in the US.  Mellow
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-02-2019, 01:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Make friends with pieces of shit and they'll likely treat you like shit.

Though, you better be careful about calling people white supremacist here. Many here take issue for using that label when the accused are simply professing the belief that other races are inherently less intelligent and that only white people should be in the US.  Mellow

Cool

Seriously? Do i honestly still need to prove TDS exists?!?
--------------------------------------------------------