Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does he stay or does he go?
(11-22-2021, 06:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Lack of progress get's coaches fired, just like lack of progress loses locker rooms.

Broncos Vance Joseph won more games in '18 the '17 and he still got fired.

Chargers Anthony Lynn won more games in '20 than '19 and got fired.

Dolphins Adam Gase won more games in '18 than '17 and got fired.

If the Bengals finish 3-7 this year then Taylor will start losing the locker room. And even if doesn't it won't matter.  Fans don't care about how happy everyone is in the locker room if the team stinks.  Owners don't care about how happy everyone is in the locker room if fans don't buy tickets.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Broncos Vance Joseph won more games in '18 the '17 and he still got fired.

Chargers Anthony Lynn won more games in '20 than '19 and got fired.

Dolphins Adam Gase won more games in '18 than '17 and got fired.

If the Bengals finish 3-7 this year then Taylor will start losing the locker room.  As recently as last year he had players calling out the coaches, so it is not like he has a the strongest support among players as it is.

I am telling you what the Bengals are thinking, what other teams do or what the team did 20 years ago doesn't matter. Those players are gone and the team is backing him, the team was still backing him down the stretch last year. The players are bought in, they aren't going to turn on him in the next 7 games and neither is the FO.

I have made you an offer for a bet based on how confident I am. You keep making statements of confidence but won't back it up by making the same bet. Either you actually believe what you are saying or you don't, it's that simple.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Lack of progress get's coaches fired, just like lack of progress loses locker rooms. Since there is no lack of progress there will be no firing, which is what I am explaining to you.

Let's put our money where our mouth is. If Taylor only wins 8, and since you guarantee he is gone, you will leave the board until the 1st game of next season if he is not. If he gets fired for winning 8 I will do the same.

Deal? I mean you have to right? You guarantee it, not you think it'll happen, but you guarantee it!

Idk man, if we finish 3-7 after a 5-2 start, how much did we really progress?

That would look more like talent carried us to 5-2, then our scheme got exposed and we regressed hard in-season.

We have way too much talent to be finishing 3-7.

I'm not saying the Brown family won't keep him. They kept Dave Shula for 4.5 years. They kept Marv for 16 without a playoff win. Coslet had to resign to maintain dignity. That said, the team has been doing some things differently...so I'd HOPE they wouldn't be OK with a 3-7 finish with this much talent and money spent.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think it's too early in this season. 6-4. 7 games left.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: I have made you an offer for a bet based on how confident I am. You keep making statements of confidence but won't back it up by making the same bet. Either you actually believe what you are saying or you don't, it's that simple.

I offered to take the bet for a month, but you apparently refused.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am telling you what the Bengals are thinking, 

You are telling me some second hand info that you can not even confirm the source.

Would you like to see a long list of examples of a team saying they have confidence in their coach during the season but then firing him after the season is over?

But since you know exactly what the Bengals are thinking then tell me exactly hoe many games Taylor had to win to keep his job this year?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Deal? I mean you have to right? You guarantee it, not you think it'll happen, but you guarantee it!

I absolutely 100% guarantee that the Bengals have not given Taylor an extension yet.

If you disagree then show me the proof.
Reply/Quote
I remember when Zac Taylor was hired one of the talking heads said every coach hired that year was a 4 year deal. I wonder even though Spotrac has him listed at 3 years if there is a 4th year option.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s done enough to stay.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I offered to take the bet for a month, but you apparently refused.

Because one month in the off season is nothing. Either your gone the whole off season or your talking out of your ass. If you actually believed in what you keep saying you’d bet anything, but you’re not actually as confident as you’re putting on.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But since you know exactly what the Bengals are thinking then tell me exactly hoe many games Taylor had to win to keep his job this year?

Wasn’t about a number, was never about a specific number, it was proving that they could make substantial forward progress which they have.
Reply/Quote