Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins trade #3 pick
San Francisco wants a QB. Miami was a rumored landing spot for both Chase and Sewell. So odds are now higher one or both make it to #5

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
WOW!!!!

Hooray for us! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd say we'll have our choice.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Damn that is a lot to give up for the NUMBER THREE pick in the draft.

Teams have gotten less for the number one overall pick before.
Reply/Quote
Nice. If we only knew who the would pick would be nice.

Reply/Quote
odd to morgage the future before you know your guy will be there... i guess they have 3 guys planned worth all those picks
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nice. If we only knew who the would pick would be nice.

Has to be for a QB. My Guess is Lance
Reply/Quote
Good deal for the 49ers and us. We get Sewell I think now, great news. Cool

Don't know what the Dolphins were thinking, bet Phin fans are pissed!
Reply/Quote
We get Sewell I think now, great news. Cool
Reply/Quote
And that most likely kills the trade back option for the Bengals for anyone that wants to keep mocking trades.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We get Sewell I think now, great news. Cool

I'm not interested in Sewell and would be very disappointed, this offense needs a playmaker like Chase or Pitts. Higgins, Boyd and Tate is not very exciting, they need speed...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We get Sewell I think now, great news. Cool

we if we draft him we can hope he pans out better than the last 5 OL guys we drafted in round 1

depending on who teams what there likely will still be a trade back option
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good deal for the 49ers and us. We get Sewell I think now, great news. Cool

Don't know what the Dolphins were thinking, bet Phin fans are pissed!

Actually I think it makes perfect sense for the Dolphins. They have #12, and 18, plus an extra 3rd, and 2 1s in 2022, and 2023.

They can easily still get a ton of talent in this draft and the next 2 years after. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:17 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Has to be for a QB. My Guess is Lance

I poorly wrote my response. I was talking Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:19 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Actually I think it makes perfect sense for the Dolphins. They have #12, and 18, plus an extra 3rd, and 2 1s in 2022, and 2023.

They can easily still get a ton of talent in this draft and the next 2 years after. 

I know they were very conservative with Tua last year, but if he can stay healthy he is one of the most talented QBs to come out of college in the past few years.

I'd be thrilled to get that many picks for the number three pick.  They are going to have two first round picks for three straight years, and they are just dropping 9 spots in this years draft.
Reply/Quote
Dang, fingers crossed Atlanta falls in love with a non-QB. With the draft capital SF just gave up, I'd love to see what kind of offers the Bengals could get.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:18 PM)Trademark Wrote: I'm not interested in Sewell and would be very disappointed, this offense needs a playmaker like Chase or Pitts. Higgins, Boyd and Tate is not very exciting, they need speed...

That’s something Mike Brown would say...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:18 PM)Trademark Wrote: I'm not interested in Sewell and would be very disappointed, this offense needs a playmaker like Chase or Pitts. Higgins, Boyd and Tate is not very exciting, they need speed...

I think we take Chase anyways now that I heard Burrow wants him.

Sewell isn't even as sure a thing as Chase, but I sure wouldn't be disappointed if we took him. 

Pitts honestly is who I like the best at 5 but that is just my opinion that doesn't matter.

(03-26-2021, 02:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we if we draft him we can hope he pans out better than the last 5 OL guys we drafted in round 1

depending on who teams what there likely will still be a trade back option

No doubt, first round OL have been rough on us lol

(03-26-2021, 02:19 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Actually I think it makes perfect sense for the Dolphins. They have #12, and 18, plus an extra 3rd, and 2 1s in 2022, and 2023.

Yeah, I typed that before I read the entire trade. Phins made out well.
Reply/Quote
Man, do I love what the Dolphins have done with their rebuild.

They now have TWO 1st round picks, TWO 2nd round picks and TWO 3rd round picks all coming in 2021. They also have TWO first round picks in 2022, and TWO first round picks in 2023.

This is how you do it. They got a quality coach hired for their rebuild and their GM immediately started moving players for draft capital. They've since used that draft capital and turned into even more draft capital. All in all, their use of both trades and the cap has been masterful.

Now take all of those picks listed above, and consider that they have a head coach who went 10-6 last season, and is 15-9 since starting 0-7 with a depleted roster that featured many of the trades referenced above. The future looks very bright in Miami.

But hey, we got Zac Taylor, right? And we got a 6th rounder for Carlos, so we're not doing to shabby ourselves.
Reply/Quote
Exxxxxcccellllent

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote