Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Madness
(12-28-2020, 12:13 AM)Tony Wrote: You people are tiring. Yes Andy is a good guy. He is not a good QB... He held this team back ... Hes had 2 of the worst QB ratings in history. He was Average at best and not good enough to win in the playoffs.. Usually if the QB plays bad the whole offense will fail... 

A simple "no" would have sufficed.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
All we need to know about the game vs the ravens, if Boyd plays, we win. If he doesnt, we wont.
Reply/Quote
To me, the San Diego game was the one perfectly setup for us to win. They had a less than stellar record. We beat them a few weeks earlier.

Then, we lost it.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:24 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: All we need to know about the game vs the ravens, if Boyd plays, we win. If he doesnt, we wont.

I think we would have seen Mixon coming back already if they had something to play for. I have a feeling that they will shelve Boyd to be fresh and ready for the start of next season.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pitts looks great in college, but TE/WR hybrids have interesting transitions to the NFL. Here, they do expect him to block...and I dont think he'd be good at that.

Man, the scenario you laid out isnt that good for us. I could see them going Surtain to replace Jackson.

Really? You wouldn’t be happy grabbing the 1st pass rusher in the draft? This is our biggest need in my opinion. Pass rushers usually get drafted higher than projected, so we very well could be looking at a corner, Lb, or receiver.

We’ll see how things shake out after next week’s games. If a guard/tackle rises up the rankings, maybe we take one at 6 as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:37 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Really? You wouldn’t be happy grabbing the 1st pass rusher in the draft? This is our biggest need in my opinion. Pass rushers usually get drafted higher than projected, so we very well could be looking at a corner, Lb, or receiver.

We’ll see how things shake out after next week’s games. If a guard/tackle rises up the rankings, maybe we take one at 6 as well.

I dont know that there will be a pass rusher worthy of taking at 6. Rousseau is the best, and he's a risky prospect. Could be great if he plans out.

I'd ride with the LBs we have, unless there was one that could pass rush and fit a 3-4.

On Tackle, I dont think the Bengals see it as a need. Guard? Generally arent top 10 picks.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I dont know that there will be a pass rusher worthy of taking at 6. Rousseau is the best, and he's a risky prospect. Could be great if he plans out.

I'd ride with the LBs we have, unless there was one that could pass rush and fit a 3-4.

On Tackle, I dont think the Bengals see it as a need. Guard? Generally arent top 10 picks.

Unless Slater kicks inside to guard. If he becomes our Quenton Nelson, he’d be worthy of taking at 6.

Reply/Quote
Nelson is one of the funnest football players to isolate and watch. A true technician. He reminds me of those amazing Bronco lines with Elway and Terrell Davis. They were the either the lightest or the 2nd lightest line in the league every year but killed everyone with technique. They took a 6th round pick that couldn't win the RB job at Georgia and turned him into a 2,000 yard rusher.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
That’s what I was getting at with a guard rising. If there happened to be a guard that rose bc everyone thought he was the next Quenton Nelson, that would be a solid pick. But we have a great shot at an edge rusher, and that’s our biggest need. Have a shot at a corner or wideout as well. Sewell was a bit of a pipe dream as he definitely goes 2 or 3. At that point the difference from drafting 6 to drafting 3rd or 4th isn’t that big (assuming Sewell is picked before us).
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I dont know that there will be a pass rusher worthy of taking at 6. Rousseau is the best, and he's a risky prospect. Could be great if he plans out.

We can get the Tackle/Guard from UT in the 2nd round and have him play guard.
I still would like an All Pro proven FA Guard(s) or Tackle than depend solely on the draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Unless Slater kicks inside to guard. If he becomes our Quenton Nelson, he’d be worthy of taking at 6.

What if we beat Baltimore and end up at 11. Is Slater okay at 11? 

Another name I have heard lately at the tackle spot moving up boards is the guy from Virginia Tech, Darrisaw. Scouting reports on him actually seem promising. Maybe they trade down a few spots and still land Darrisaw or Slater while adding a pick.

"He uses his hands extremely well, possessing a mean initial punch, and an efficient latch as he moves his way up towards the second level. His hips and back remain extremely flexible, Darrisaw is able to absorb contact in his pass set without compromising his anchor. Speaking of his anchor, Darrisaw plays with immense strength, tossing bodies off of the point of attack as he uses his length to keep defenders out of his frame as he frames off lanes. He plays with a high level of physicality as he looks to bury the man across from him as he plays whistle-to-whistle, giving his all for all 60 minutes."

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Picks 10 and higher have 6 wins. The lowest we can fall is to pick 9.
Reply/Quote
Well, that Tenn loss helped us in a way. We now have a weaker SOS than Philly. The sites I looked at had us picking before Philly even while our SOSs were even, not sure why. If that is accurate, we almost assuredly would pick before them if we finish tied. Why?

Well, since it is the last weekend, with all division foes playing each other, there is very little movement in terms of SOS. Example: we played the AFC South & NFC East this year. Those teams must go 4-4 as they all play each other. Same thing for Philly who played the NFC West and AFC North. Likewise, the divisional games both teams are not involved in (Pitt at CLE & Dallas vs NY) guarantee a 1-1 record for their opponents for Cincy & Philly.

Now, the results of their own games will effect the draft position. If one team loses while the other wins, then that settles it, SOS is not a factor. If the teams match each other's results, then their opponents' results are the same. So for SOS purposes, those games can't effect it either if SOS comes into play.

The only results that could swing SOS are the results for the two odd teams on the schedule. For us, Miami (at Buffalo) and SD (at KC). For Philly, Green Bay (at Chicago) and New Orleans (at Carolina). GB and NO both can still get the #1 seed, so I would assume they go for it.

Plus, as I noted at the start, the sites I saw had us picking ahead of Philly when our SOS was even, if that is true, we'd need a 2 game flip (GB & NO both lose, Miami & SD both win) to happen for Philly to jump us if we tie.

Also, Goff may have broken his thumb vs Seattle today. If so, Rams seem unlikely to beat Arizona, which would mean TB is locked into #5, which means a bigger chance Brady sits or only plays briefly vs Atlanta.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 02:08 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Picks 10 and higher have 6 wins. The lowest we can fall is to pick 9.

So 5 versus 9?

Hell, win this game and keep Baltimore out of the playoffs. A 3 game streak to end the season would be nice.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 02:10 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, that Tenn loss helped us in a way. We now have a weaker SOS than Philly. The sites I looked at had us picking before Philly even while our SOSs were even, not sure why. If that is accurate, we almost assuredly would pick before them if we finish tied. Why?

Well, since it is the last weekend, with all division foes playing each other, there is very little movement in terms of SOS. Example: we played the AFC South & NFC East this year. Those teams must go 4-4 as they all play each other. Same thing for Philly who played the NFC West and AFC North. Likewise, the divisional games both teams are not involved in (Pitt at CLE & Dallas vs NY) guarantee a 1-1 record for their opponents for Cincy & Philly.

Now, the results of their own games will effect the draft position. If one team loses while the other wins, then that settles it, SOS is not a factor. If the teams match each other's results, then their opponents' results are the same. So for SOS purposes, those games can't effect it either if SOS comes into play.

The only results that could swing SOS are the results for the two odd teams on the schedule. For us, Miami (at Buffalo) and SD (at KC). For Philly, Green Bay (at Chicago) and New Orleans (at Carolina). GB and NO both can still get the #1 seed, so I would assume they go for it.

Plus, as I noted at the start, the sites I saw had us picking ahead of Philly when our SOS was even, if that is true, we'd need a 2 game flip (GB & NO both lose, Miami & SD both win) to happen for Philly to jump us if we tie.

Also, Goff may have broken his thumb vs Seattle today. If so, Rams seem unlikely to beat Arizona, which would mean TB is locked into #5, which means a bigger chance Brady sits or only plays briefly vs Atlanta.
Good post.
Just to add to this
Current SOS
Cincinnati opponents
124-115-1
Philadelphia opponents
126-113-1

If they wind up tied, like you laid out above, Cincy should pick ahead of Philly so currently they are sitting at 5th. 
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
I too believe we seem to always win meaningless games to drop in the draft.Folks say so what! U can get good players later.That’s correct but it seems a team lower in the draft order(or higher depending on how u look at it ) has a lot of flexibility w other teams calling.I want Sewell ,period but I believe the jets r gonna keep Darnold And take the OT at number 2..Also don’t forget if we let AJ go ,Dunlap gone and Geno gone well have a lot of money to get top quality O line in free agency...But who knows time will tell
Reply/Quote
This year, the draft has good tackles, and average guards it seems. The best guards are actually tackle prospects.
Reply/Quote
Trade up for Sewell, since our meaningless back to back wins has most likely knocked us out of the 3rd overall.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:43 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What if we beat Baltimore and end up at 11. Is Slater okay at 11? 

Another name I have heard lately at the tackle spot moving up boards is the guy from Virginia Tech, Darrisaw. Scouting reports on him actually seem promising. Maybe they trade down a few spots and still land Darrisaw or Slater while adding a pick.

"He uses his hands extremely well, possessing a mean initial punch, and an efficient latch as he moves his way up towards the second level. His hips and back remain extremely flexible, Darrisaw is able to absorb contact in his pass set without compromising his anchor. Speaking of his anchor, Darrisaw plays with immense strength, tossing bodies off of the point of attack as he uses his length to keep defenders out of his frame as he frames off lanes. He plays with a high level of physicality as he looks to bury the man across from him as he plays whistle-to-whistle, giving his all for all 60 minutes."

Christian Darrisaw is having an incredible season it's on par with Penei Sewell's 2019 season but against higher quality competition.

Darrisaw has went up against guys like Victor Dimukeje, Quincy Roche, Patrick Jones, and Myles Murphy. I would say his worst game this year was against Myles Murphy. He is very likely a top 15 pick possibly top 10.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think we're still in good position for our pick.

Yesterday we moved past Miami (from Texas) and Atlanta.

Miami will likely take Chase and Atlanta needs defense at almost every position.

We're not out on Sewell yet.
Reply/Quote