Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine
Duke & Zac make it clear that they want TEE back with the Bengals but I still see a possible Trade still on the table

with temptations to do so likely PEAKING right about now at the Combine.

To me, this seems like a more Fluid situation than Duke & Zac imply, especially since TEE was Tagged early and

right before the Combine.

Duke should have a Good Idea of roughly what TEE & his Agent would want in a Longer Term Deal. (Money/years)

If things seem far apart, then the Duke may already know that he would only have TEE for one more season.

Duke will now be around people from the other NFL Teams that show up at the Combine who may strike up conversations

about what they might be willing to give for TEE.

I doubt that Duke will proclaim "Go get your own" like he said last year.

I think that Duke will listen and talk this time around.

Duke may just have his EARS open to offer ideas while also having his EYES open looking at all the Wide Receiver rookie prospects

that could help ease the thought of Trading TEE into becoming a reality.
Reply/Quote
Someone will have to blow away the Bengals with an offer.

With the cap going way up and probably up again next year, I see the Bengals tagging him twice if they can't work out an extension.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 02:00 PM)depthchart Wrote: Duke & Zac make it clear that they want TEE back with the Bengals but I still see a possible Trade still on the table

with temptations to do so likely PEAKING right about now at the Combine.

To me, this seems like a more Fluid situation than Duke & Zac imply, especially since TEE was Tagged early and

right before the Combine.

Duke should have a Good Idea of roughly what TEE & his Agent would want in a Longer Term Deal. (Money/years)

If things seem far apart, then the Bengals may already know that he would only have TEE for one more season.

Duke will now be around people from the other NFL Teams that show up at the Combine who may strike up conversations

about what they might be willing to give for TEE.

I doubt that Duke will proclaim "Go get your own" like he said last year.

I think that Duke will listen and talk this time around.

Duke may just have his EARS open to offer ideas while also having his EYES open looking at all the Wide Receiver rookie prospects

that could help ease the thought of Trading TEE into becoming a reality.

So sick of this stuff. We are not gonna trade Higgins. It is way LESS fluid. 

We'd have to be blown away by a trade offer. Which would be stupid for anyone to make because they can just pick a WR with the pick they are giving us. 
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 02:45 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Someone will have to blow away the Bengals with an offer.

With the cap going way up and probably up again next year, I see the Bengals tagging him twice if they can't work out an extension.

I think that Duke will hear at least a few solid offers.

Good idea for a POLL:   Wub

What is more likely:      Bengals Tag TEE Twice   -or-   TEE gets Traded to another Team before the 2024 season
Reply/Quote
Wow, this whole "Is Tee staying with the team or is he going to be moved" is getting to be almost as polarizing as the "Team Chase vs. Team Sewell" arguments were back in 2021. Popcorn
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 02:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: So sick of this stuff. We are not gonna trade Higgins. It is way LESS fluid. 

We'd have to be blown away by a trade offer. Which would be stupid for anyone to make because they can just pick a WR with the pick they are giving us. 

There are likely a number of NFL Teams that believe Tee Higgins could transition into a #1 wide receiver role.

Just how many of the Rookie receivers do you see as #1 receivers and would every NFL Team view each of those 

as being better than TEE ?

Are there enough of these #1 type rookies to go around ?

There are not many #1 types in Free Agency and just where would TEE rank among those Free Agents ?
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 02:45 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Someone will have to blow away the Bengals with an offer.

No way is he getting tagged 2x
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 02:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: So sick of this stuff. We are not gonna trade Higgins. It is way LESS fluid. 

It’s ridiculously unlikely and you are absolutely right. The combination of just drafting a much more cap friendly rookie by suitors and us not getting anything close to a desirable offer makes it a moot conversation. Not happening. Nobody in the building. Nobody including the janitors are going to give up hope they make it work until it just can’t.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 03:16 PM)depthchart Wrote: There are likely a number of NFL Teams that believe Tee Higgins could transition into a #1 wide receiver role.

Just how many of the Rookie receivers do you see as #1 receivers and would every NFL Team view each of those 

as being better than TEE ?

Are there enough of these #1 type rookies to go around ?

There are not many #1 types in Free Agency and just where would TEE rank among those Free Agents ?

Respectively all the teams picking before us will have plenty of options for a receiver at rookie prices. In order for us to trade Tee we need to get a lower pick. So we are competing against each other so to speak.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I am still thinking we just keep Tee this year and let him go after even though I would be very open to any trades offered.

We need to pay Chase and whoever we can add in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 03:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s ridiculously unlikely and you are absolutely right. The combination of just drafting a much more cap friendly rookie by suitors and us not getting anything close to a desirable offer makes it a moot conversation. Not happening. Nobody in the building. Nobody including the janitors are going to give up hope they make it work until it just can’t.

Very definitive conclusion that you have reached here. At to near ZERO chance of a TEE Trade.

I see more than a near ZERO chance of TEE being Traded (say maybe up to a 25% chance)

Duke is human and chances are that he is at least listening to offers and considering a Trade as an option.

As a GM, Duke's landscape will be changing going forward with more Money headed Burrow and Chase's way.

Tougher decisions will come more often going forward and Duke is going to have to become more creative.

The Bengals may be prepared to just pay TEE (at least in 2024) but TEE brings financial pressures now that Duke

at least has to ponder. He may just juggle some Trade options in his head while he ponders (as any Human being would)
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 03:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: Very definitive conclusion that you have reached here. At to near ZERO chance of a TEE Trade.

I see more than a near ZERO chance of TEE being Traded (say maybe up to a 25% chance)

Duke is human and chances are that he is at least listening to offers and considering a Trade as an option.

As a GM, Duke's landscape will be changing going forward with more Money headed Burrow and Chase's way.

Tougher decisions will come more often going forward and Duke is going to have to become more creative.

The Bengals may be prepared to just pay TEE (at least in 2024) but TEE brings financial pressures now that Duke

at least has to ponder. He may just juggle some Trade options in his head while he ponders (as any Human being would)

I mean, I'm not saying there is a zero percent chance, but it is Jim Carey/Jeff Daniels territory. 

You do not look at it from OUR side. We are trying to win a SB. We think we are a contender. We value the established guy over the rook who may or may not pan out. Plus, you want Burrow going into a season where WR2, WR3, AND TE are all new guys? It is bad enough having 2 newbies, you want another? 

It would need to be a WAAAY lopsided trade for us. Like Herschel Walker or Ditka/Rickey Williams level lopsided. 

Fair (low first/high second) won't get it done. We have the space atm. So, yeah, Duke will answer the phone. It is his job to answer the phone.

I think a tag next year is also likely. But Jefferson could be available also, so ...
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 04:09 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I mean, I'm not saying there is a zero percent chance, but it is Jim Carey/Jeff Daniels territory. 

You do not look at it from OUR side. We arextrying to win a SB. We think we are a contender. We value the established guy iver the rook who may or may not pan out. Plus, you want Burrow going into a season where WR2, WR3, AND TE are all new guys? It is bad enough having 2 newbies, you want another? 

It would need to be a WAAAY lopsided trade for us. Like Herschel Walker or Ditka/Rickey Williams level lopsided. 

Fair (low first/high second) won't get it done. We have the space atm. 

My comments are squarely aimed at the part peaking at the combine. I think it’s near zero chance this coming season. They ain’t upsetting the apple cart.

Reply/Quote

be interesting to see how Tee reacts to being tagged twice.. could threaten a hold out... normally double tags don;t seem to work out well
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 03:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Respectively all the teams picking before us will have plenty of options for a receiver at rookie prices. In order for us to trade Tee we need to get a lower pick. So we are competing against each other so to speak.

1. So the 17 Teams picking ahead of the Bengals have enough rookie #1 options not to want TEE even when some Teams may 

see TEE as a better #1 option than the rookie available when they pick -and-

2. if the Bengals Trade TEE for a lower 1st round pick they will be competing against those lower Teams for receivers, so why do it.

*1. I agree that it would be harder to get a 1st round pick higher than the Bengals pick #18 but just where would 1st round pick interest in TEE 

end (does interest end at pick #22 or pick #16) and swapping first round picks while also getting later picks would be possible if a Team likes 

TEE more as a #1 option than the rookies available when they pick.

*2. Once the Bengals get a later 1st round pick for TEE they could still use their own pick #18 to take a receiver and end the "competition"

to get a 1st round receiver with all of the Teams picking after pick #18. 

(Then the Bengals could use the late 1st round pick they got for TEE on another position)

(or they could use pick #18 at another position and then use the later round one pick on a receiver since all they need is a #2 receiver, not a #1)

*I just don't see it as wise to assume options off the table*
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 04:09 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I mean, I'm not saying there is a zero percent chance, but it is Jim Carey/Jeff Daniels territory. 

You do not look at it from OUR side. We are trying to win a SB. We think we are a contender. We value the established guy over the rook who may or may not pan out. Plus, you want Burrow going into a season where WR2, WR3, AND TE are all new guys? It is bad enough having 2 newbies, you want another? 

Fair (low first/high second) won't get it done. We have the space atm. So, yeah, Duke will answer the phone. It is his job to answer the phone.

I think a tag next year is also likely. But Jefferson could be available also, so ...

Thinking that there could be up to a 25% chance that TEE gets Traded doesn't seem Jim Carey/Jeff Daniels like to me.

The Super Bowl window is exactly what keeps me DOWN at the 25% level versus higher.

Isn't getting Jefferson next year even MORE Jim Carey level ?

TEE's best years are around the 1,050 yard level (when healthy) 

You say that the other NFL Teams will happily want the cheaper rookies over trading for TEE, so why can't the Bengals get  

a cheaper rookie that can get around 1,000 yards & could maybe be healthier ? (The Chiefs just did that with 2nd rounder Rashee Rice 938 yards)
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 04:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: be interesting to see how Tee reacts to being tagged twice.. could threaten a hold out... normally double tags don;t seem to work out well

Tagging twice, and talk of guaranteed money being the biggest issue.... is Tee Higgins secretly Kirk Cousins?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 03:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: Very definitive conclusion that you have reached here. At to near ZERO chance of a TEE Trade.

Bruh.

When it sounds like a duck and quacks like a duck...believe it's a duck.

You're basically hearing straight from the horse's mouth what some on here have been saying for a while now, yet you are choosing to not believe it.

Let the trade hopes die.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We way want Bowers our pick + Tee may lead to our drafting him.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 04:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bruh.

When it sounds like a duck and quacks like a duck...believe it's a duck.

You're basically hearing straight from the horse's mouth what some on here have been saying for a while now, yet you are choosing to not believe it.

Let the trade hopes die.

The Horses mouth will be Duke and what the Bengals actually do.

I heard many Posters say that TEE would never get Tagged but he did get Tagged.

Certain Posters have concluded a ZERO to near ZERO Trade chance for TEE. (They may be right)

I (and maybe some others or not) give it up to a 25% chance of happening.

More likely not to happen, I agree, but it will become ZERO for me later when and if no Trade happens.

It more than likely will become ZERO but I won't be leaning on Posters opinions on the matter now.

I will wait and see.

If TEE were to get Traded would those Posting that it would never happen make any Posts about being wrong ?

Is it really the best decision for the Bengals to keep TEE should they get a decent offer ?

I guess I wait to see a SLAM DUNK before declaring it a SLAM DUNK. 
Reply/Quote