Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine
(03-06-2024, 08:49 PM)jason Wrote: Prime Adams for sure. I think I'd put him in the Allen, Diggs, Evans, Kupp category now though.  All of them were great, but on the way down.

My point was that Tee has never had the opportunity that those guys have had. If you project his catches out to 90 instead of the 74 he had in 21 and 22 he's in that 1200 yard and (ballpark) 10ish TD range... But yeah; he's OUR number 2.

Sure, he is a Top #2. But he was ranked 16th before his poor season last year and he has a tough time staying healthy.

Let someone else risk paying him #1 money where he can have that opportunity that you speak of.

(03-06-2024, 08:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, and if he's available for every game, he's even more valuable.  Get what he's worth in trade value and allow him to go be the WR1 that he was born to be!

ThumbsUp Wink

(03-06-2024, 08:56 PM)pulses Wrote: I'd Take Pittman over Tee. He's had numbers close to Tee with terrible QB play. Imagine playing with us.

I can see that. 

In the end the thing that gets me is Tee gets banged up a lot and he had a nagging hamstring last year and those tend to reocurr.

Let someone else risk it while we actually benefit for once is my vote and I love Tee.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:56 PM)pulses Wrote: I'd Take Pittman over Tee. He's had numbers close to Tee with terrible QB play. Imagine playing with us.

Of course you'd take Pittman over Tee, Pittman is a WR1..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course you'd take Pittman over Tee, Pittman is a WR1..

Is he? Or is he a target hog on a shaky offense that puts up comparable numbers (fewer TDs) to Tee?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course you'd take Pittman over Tee, Pittman is a WR1..

He's been the number 1 in Indy but I don't really look at him as a number 1 I think he's better as a 2 IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 09:44 PM)jason Wrote: Is he? Or is he a target hog on a shaky offense that puts up comparable numbers (fewer TDs) to Tee?

(03-06-2024, 09:46 PM)pulses Wrote: He's been the number 1 in Indy but I don't really look at him as a number 1 I think he's better as a 2 IMO.

In the NFL, the WR that lines up on left is traditionally the WR1.  Ima roll with that until someone can convince me otherwise.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 10:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the NFL, the WR that lines up on left is traditionally the WR1.  Ima roll with that until someone can convince me otherwise.

I always thought it was the WR who kicked the most ass week in and week out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 10:08 PM)jason Wrote: I always thought it was the WR who kicked the most ass week in and week out.

So who would you purport to be the Colts WR1?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 10:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So who would you purport to be the Colts WR1?

Pittman is their WR 1 because they have nobody else besides Pierce and he has been disappointing but he's not a WR 1 on good teams like ours.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 07:22 PM)jason Wrote: Tee Higgins has never been the bonafide first option on this team. I guess a shaky argument can be made that he evolved into that by the end of the 2020 season... But anyway; he's always been second fiddle here, and people are claiming "no way he's a top 15 WR in the league"? It's being argued that Zay Flowers (no basis in reality at this point in his career), Garret Wilson (first option in that offense and his numbers are comparable to Tee's), Diontae Johnson, and an old Amari Cooper may be better than Higgins. All of those guys are the number 1 receiver on their teams.

Guys I'd definitely take over Tee Higgins

Jefferson
Amon-Ra
CeeDee Lamb (that revelation only happened this year)
AJ Brown
Ja'Marr
Puka
Mike Evans (career only... Father time is comin' for another victory soon)
Diggs (see Mike Evans)
Keenan Allen (see Mike Evans)
Tyreek Hill
Maybe Aiyuk or Deebo
Probably DK Metcalf

Then there are a bunch of guys that are close

Pittman
Tank Dell
Olave
Garret Wilson
Smith
Niko Collins
And some guys that'll join these ranks this year

A couple pages back i went and checked the list then came back to this thread. Your top 10 are almost exactly the same as mine. I'd swap out Allen for Adams is the only difference. 

On to the undefeated...undisputed...list of WRs in the NFL currently. 

The top 10 that everyone should take before Tee are:
JJ
Tyreek
Chase
Lamb
St. Brown
Nacua
AJ Brown
Evans
Diggs
Adams

After that, Tee is in this group of guys. Arguments could be made for any of them after the top 10 and you wouldn't really be wrong:
Waddle
DeVonta Smith
McLaurin
Cooper
Metcalf
Olave
Allen

Any name that is not on this list, Tee is better than. Realistically, he's in the 11-18 range. I posted before than in the 2 years prior to this past one, Tee had the 20th and 16th most yards.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote