Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Duke's thoughts of maybe Trading TEE could be PEAKING at the Combine
(03-06-2024, 05:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Certainly the eye of the beholder.

Not really.  Tee isnt close to top 15 in the league
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not really.  Tee isnt close to top 15 in the league

We’ll have to disagree. But I’m definitely good with my opinion. He may be #15
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Disagree and I think most unbiased people would.

(03-06-2024, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not really.  Tee isnt close to top 15 in the league

I’m good with my company guys
Higgins was a top-15 wide receiver according to PFF in 2021 and 2022 before this down season in 2023, and when using his efficiency metrics across his career, including 2023, he still ranks among the best in the league at just 25 years old," PFF writer Jonathan Macri said.Feb 7, 2024
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 05:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We’ll have to disagree. But I’m definitely good with my opinion. He may be #15

FWIW, The Sporting News had him rated 17th best heading into last season.  When you account lost production due to injuries and other factors, I'd say that they have him rated fairly.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-wide-receiver-rankings-2023/zvnmg85kmhu4uralwpiwyhnv#:~:text=NFL%20wide%20receiver%20rankings%202023%201%201.%20Justin,8.%20A.J.%20Brown%2C%20Eagles%20%28age%3A%2026%29%20More%20items
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 05:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FWIW, The Sporting News had him rated 17th best heading into last season.  When you account lost production due to injuries and other factors, I'd say that they have him rated fairly.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-wide-receiver-rankings-2023/zvnmg85kmhu4uralwpiwyhnv#:~:text=NFL%20wide%20receiver%20rankings%202023%201%201.%20Justin,8.%20A.J.%20Brown%2C%20Eagles%20%28age%3A%2026%29%20More%20items

And there are a few on that list I’d put him ahead of. Just a few. But part of my contention is that most on that list are more like Chase. Tee is different and a large body and length with incredibly strong hands. He’s such a compliment to Chase.

Reply/Quote
Tee is a 1st RD talent who happened to drop
To RD 2. He is a legit playmaker and a mismatch
People often overlook he is also a CLUTCH
WR. He doesn't compile garbage yds.his catches
Are meaningful. I see alot of WRs they accumulate
Alot of catches but few TDs.
Tee has a top 20 TD to catch ratio
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 03:34 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We have the cap space and picks to address the holes without trading Higgins. I've have demonstrated that ad nauseum. 

$44 mil in functional space: 
1. Williams at DT ($17 mil) 
2. Reader at NT ($8 mil) 
3. Vet FS ($5 mil) 
---That's $30 mil, $14 mil in space. Use that to to fill ONE of CB4, WR3, TE, or RT. Heck, even if we splurge for Wilkins at $25, we have $6 mil. $8 if you cut Scott. Chido, Boyd, Fant, Eluemunor, or an equivalent type player. For the sake of argument, say Boyd. 

Then take OT, CB, TE the first picks. 

Day 3, take some IOL depth, Taylor in the 5th, RB depth, LB depth, another DB +1. 

Further, I am more confident in an OT at #18 upgrading Jonah than a WR at #18 (or early 2nd) uograding Higgins. Plus, the DT FAs are WAY superior to OT, CB, or TE. I'd rather spend my $$ on two elite DTs and a bargain, proven vet FS. 

We just disagree. 

But in point of fact, we are not gonna trade Higgins. 

I don't care what the Bengals choose to do with TEE as long as whatever they do ends up WORKING.

As a Fan, I want the Bengals to create a Best Plan involving keeping TEE (in 2024 only) then create a

Best Plan involving keeping TEE longer Term then create a Best Plan involving a Trade of TEE

(Maybe 1 of the above 3 Plans really stands out as Best -or- maybe none stand out -or- maybe any could work for different reasons)

*Implying that since the Bengals have the Space to keep TEE in 2024 that then makes doing so the BEST PLAN seems premature.

**Implying that should the Bengals choose to Force TEE to play on the Tag in 2024 then that must Defacto be the Best Plan because 

that is what the Bengals end up doing does not necessarily make it the Best Plan.

***Say there is actually a ZERO percent chance that the Bengals will Trade TEE and he decides to play on the Tag in 2024***

Does that mean Fans should not be able to question the variables of that decision both BEFORE the Bengals make it Concrete and AFTER ?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 03:34 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We have the cap space and picks to address the holes without trading Higgins. I've have demonstrated that ad nauseum. 

$44 mil in functional space: 
1. Williams at DT ($17 mil) 
2. Reader at NT ($8 mil) 
3. Vet FS ($5 mil) 
---That's $30 mil, $14 mil in space. Use that to to fill ONE of CB4, WR3, TE, or RT. Heck, even if we splurge for Wilkins at $25, we have $6 mil. $8 if you cut Scott. Chido, Boyd, Fant, Eluemunor, or an equivalent type player. For the sake of argument, say Boyd. 

Then take OT, CB, TE the first picks. 

Day 3, take some IOL depth, Taylor in the 5th, RB depth, LB depth, another DB +1. 

Further, I am more confident in an OT at #18 upgrading Jonah than a WR at #18 (or early 2nd) uograding Higgins. Plus, the DT FAs are WAY superior to OT, CB, or TE. I'd rather spend my $$ on two elite DTs and a bargain, proven vet FS. 

We just disagree. 

But in point of fact, we are not gonna trade Higgins. 

Again, you're just like others on here who can't take off the shades and overvalue some of our players.....it's neverending.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 06:04 PM)pulses Wrote: Again, you're just like others on here who can't take off the shades and overvalue some of our players.....it's neverending.

That’s unfair PFF and Sports Illustrated agree he’s near or is top 15.. So you can certainly disagree but it’s not like several of us aren’t of the opinion of bonafide observers

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 06:07 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That’s unfair PFF and Sports Illustrated agree he’s near or is top 15.. So you can certainly disagree but it’s not like several of us aren’t of the opinion of bonafide observers

He'e anywhere from 15-25 not top 15 guaranteed and spotrac says he worth 18/yr not 25 or 26 that keep saying....again take off the shades.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 06:22 PM)pulses Wrote: He'e anywhere from 15-25 not top 15 guaranteed and spotrac says he worth 18/yr not 25 or 26 that keep saying....again take off the shades.

Top 15 is what I said and that wasn’t top 14. I also said 20 million so I’ve got nothing but a realistic viewpoint. Nobody made either one of us Bill Poulian or Charlie Casserly or Pete Beathard. I think he’s #15

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 06:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Top 15 is what I said and that wasn’t top 14. I also said 20 million so I’ve got nothing but a realistic viewpoint. Nobody made either one of us Bill Poulian or Charlie Casserly or Pete Beathard. I think he’s #15

After last year I disagree and even moreso after the combine....finding someone to replace him would not be hard. And allow us to fix other holes and not having to necessarily go the cheap route either.
Reply/Quote
I would aggressively try trading Tee for as much as I could possibly get.This would be in the best interest of the team,moving forward,if they could get a good deal.There are alot of options available,depending on what direction the Bengals want to go .
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 06:45 PM)pulses Wrote: After last year I disagree and even moreso after the combine....finding someone to replace him would not be hard. And allow us to fix other holes and not having to necessarily go the cheap route either.

That’s great I disagree.

Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins has never been the bonafide first option on this team. I guess a shaky argument can be made that he evolved into that by the end of the 2020 season... But anyway; he's always been second fiddle here, and people are claiming "no way he's a top 15 WR in the league"? It's being argued that Zay Flowers (no basis in reality at this point in his career), Garret Wilson (first option in that offense and his numbers are comparable to Tee's), Diontae Johnson, and an old Amari Cooper may be better than Higgins. All of those guys are the number 1 receiver on their teams.

Guys I'd definitely take over Tee Higgins

Jefferson
Amon-Ra
CeeDee Lamb (that revelation only happened this year)
AJ Brown
Ja'Marr
Puka
Mike Evans (career only... Father time is comin' for another victory soon)
Diggs (see Mike Evans)
Keenan Allen (see Mike Evans)
Tyreek Hill
Maybe Aiyuk or Deebo
Probably DK Metcalf

Then there are a bunch of guys that are close

Pittman
Tank Dell
Olave
Garret Wilson
Smith
Niko Collins
And some guys that'll join these ranks this year
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 07:22 PM)jason Wrote: Tee Higgins has never been the bonafide first option on this team. I guess a shaky argument can be made that he evolved into that by the end of the 2020 season... But anyway; he's always been second fiddle here, and people are claiming "no way he's a top 15 WR in the league"? It's being argued that Zay Flowers (no basis in reality at this point in his career), Garret Wilson (first option in that offense and his numbers are comparable to Tee's), Diontae Johnson, and an old Amari Cooper may be better than Higgins. All of those guys are the number 1 receiver on their teams.

Guys I'd definitely take over Tee Higgins

Jefferson
Amon-Ra
CeeDee Lamb (that revelation only happened this year)
AJ Brown
Ja'Marr
Puka
Mike Evans (career only... Father time is comin' for another victory soon)
Diggs (see Mike Evans)
Keenan Allen (see Mike Evans)
Tyreek Hill
Maybe Aiyuk or Deebo
Probably DK Metcalf

Then there are a bunch of guys that are close

Pittman
Tank Dell
Olave
Garret Wilson
Smith
Niko Collins
And some guys that'll join these ranks this year

You didn't mention Davante Adams, I can name more...

But bottom line Tee is a top #2, not a top #1 Wide Receiver in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
To me this is a very interesting situation with TEE and it is Ripe for discussion & varying opinions.

Being 25 years old & looking at the available Free Agent receivers, TEE would probably be the TOP guy now if a Free Agent.

Whether he ranks 25th best or 15th best (or whatever) TEE can likely perform a #1 role for some NFL Team making him Tradeable..

The wide receiver Rookie Class looks DEEP with #1s and #2s which should at least TEMPT the Bengals a little bit with the idea

of getting a Rookie or two and maybe Trading TEE to then use that Tag Money elsewhere.

Lets say that ONE Team picking in the 2nd round in the pick 33 to 39 range offered the Bengals their 2nd round pick for TEE.

1. - I think the Bengals could get ONE Team in that 33 to 39 range to do it since TEE would be the TOP Free Agent right now with #1 potential

in a rather weak Free Agent Class.

2. - The Bengals get that 2nd round pick plus TEE's Tag dollars to work with in Free Agency to offset the loss of TEE

*Is Tag and Force to play in 2024 better than this or not.

**It likely DEPENDS on ALL of the other moves that would be made as a result of doing either option.

Each Option would set off a different Chain of Events going forward  (very Hard to DECLARE which Chain ends up being better)

***Either way could Work or Fail in 2024 & then there is after 2024
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You didn't mention Davante Adams, I can name more...

Prime Adams for sure. I think I'd put him in the Allen, Diggs, Evans, Kupp category now though. All of them were great, but on the way down.

My point was that Tee has never had the opportunity that those guys have had. If you project his catches out to 90 instead of the 74 he had in 21 and 22 he's in that 1200 yard and (ballpark) 10ish TD range... But yeah; he's OUR number 2.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:49 PM)jason Wrote: Prime Adams for sure. I think I'd put him in the Allen, Diggs, Evans, Kupp category now though.  All of them were great, but on the way down.

My point was that Tee has never had the opportunity that those guys have had. If you project his catches out to 90 instead of the 74 he had in 21 and 22 he's in that 1200 yard and (ballpark) 10ish TD range... But yeah; he's OUR number 2.

Exactly, and if he's available for every game, he's even more valuable.  Get what he's worth in trade value and allow him to go be the WR1 that he was born to be!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2024, 08:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You didn't mention Davante Adams, I can name more...

I'd Take Pittman over Tee. He's had numbers close to Tee with terrible QB play. Imagine playing with us.
Reply/Quote