Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dunlap's post game tweet
(10-26-2020, 12:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You have any proof that the team is lost and have no faith? Just one child is throwing temper tantrum...

I don't believe that Zac has show his players anything in the two seasons that would lead them to believe he is a good HC. Most NFL player have a Alpha personality they want to win and they want to be on the field. I just don't think he is the only player who lost faith in this HC or upset at the entire coaching staff lack of coaching. Great coaches get the most out of there players, this is not a great coaching staff. Sure they need more talent on the field, but in my opinion the coaching has been horrible. I mean just look how terrible a tackling team they are, and the offensive blocking scheme is atrocious. That's bad coaching. That makes player lose faith in the staff and become angry.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 03:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: We also didn't see the Bengals signing Waynes, Reader, Alexander, Bell, and XSF in the offseason, though.  They know that the rookie wage scale for a QB makes the window pretty wide open.  They have the QB, now get rid of the corpses collecting checks, develop your young talent, get a few more key FA, draft well, and the possibilities are endless.  

Believe it or not, they have been developing their young talent VERY well right now.  How many teams are getting production from Picks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 in their rookie season with no preseason?  And they all seem to be coming along very nicely.  Very short sample size on Adeniji, however. 

That being said, draft a strong DE, DT, and OT/G in the first three rounds, sign Joe Thuney to play RG, move XSF to LG, and this team might start to surprise folks as soon as next year.  

I'll admit the active free agency was a pleasant surprise, but still....trade deadline stuff still seems like too much work for this front office.  I'll keep an open, but guarded mind about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:45 PM)pally Wrote:

Make an offer with no pictures, no address, and no tax information.  

Here is your offer, Carlos:  You give me the $9 million the Bengals are paying you that you aren't earning.  I don't deserve it?  Well, neither do you.

In the immortal words of Tyler Boyd:  "Suck a shit, Los"
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit the active free agency was a pleasant surprise, but still....trade deadline stuff still seems like too much work for this front office.  I'll keep an open, but guarded mind about it.

You don't seriously think a trade deadline maneuver takes more work that the free agency period during a pandemic, do you?  C'mon, man.  Keep an open mind.  They might just surprise you.  
Reply/Quote
Question: why is he still on the roster?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You don't seriously think a trade deadline maneuver takes more work that the free agency period during a pandemic, do you?  C'mon, man.  Keep an open mind.  They might just surprise you.  

They might, but their actions and statements at the trade deadline last year have put me firmly into "until I see otherwise" territory on this one.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:15 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Question: why is he still on the roster?

per Zac press conference- It is an internal thing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:23 PM)pally Wrote: per Zac press conference- It is an internal thing

Translation- not his decision. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They might, but their actions and statements at the trade deadline last year have put me firmly into "until I see otherwise" territory on this one.

I get it, but the folks that were potentially on the trade block last year were still playing well...this year, not so much.  
Reply/Quote
Can someone translate the Boyd response? What is sucka shit? Is it Los is acting liker a sucker or literally suck a turd you asshole? Suck a turd would be so awesome for a reaction.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 07:43 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Can someone translate the Boyd response? What is sucka shit? Is it Los is acting liker a sucker or literally suck a turd you asshole? Suck a turd would be so awesome for a reaction.

That it is stuff that suckas would do. It is not manly in any way. It is less than calling someone a b*****, but it is shot you take without fear.
Reply/Quote
IMO, the team should've identified possible disgruntled players and off-loaded them during the offseason.

We all (well most) knew that AJ Green should've been gone. That said, you know some of these guys who have been here over the last 5+ years have dealt with a LOT of losing. Only natural that cracks start to show. It happened all through the 90's. People get sick of losing.

That said, you don't want those disgruntled vets to pitch a public stink in front of our young guys. Sets a bad precedent that this franchise isn't to be respected and doesn't know what it's doing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
**** trading him. Make him a healthy scratch the rest of the season and tank his free agency value (more than his play and temper tantrums have, at least).
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 08:50 PM)Destro Wrote: That it is stuff that suckas would do. It is not manly in any way. It is less than calling someone a b*****, but it is shot you take without fear.
Thank you. Us old guys can't keep up with the lingo.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 10:55 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Thank you. Us old guys can't keep up with the lingo.

I've been translating the HBO series "The Wire" for people for years. Not a problem.
Reply/Quote
It's telling that the players who are out there balling out... Boyd, Higgins, Burrow, AJ (as he gets it going) Mixon etc are all behind ZT, and it is only Dunlap who is publicly throwing a fit because his playing time got cut (cuz he sucks this year) Heck, even Geno seems to have come to a resolution and understanding with the staff about being eased back in....
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 12:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You have any proof that the team is lost and have no faith? 

I am praying that we don't have the type of players who have faith in a head coach who has 3 wins in 23 games.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: In the immortal words of Tyler Boyd:  "Suck a shit, Los"

Link?

I missed that one.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 02:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

I missed that one.

Carlos deleted the tweet and replies, but he said it.  Mixon kind of added some levity after saying something to the effect of "I gonna buy this crib"
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:23 PM)pally Wrote: per Zac press conference- It is an internal thing

Someone needs to tell Carlos.
Reply/Quote