Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN - Troy Blackburn comments on Bobby Hart signing
Bobby Hart played horrendously and they gave him a $6 million dollar raise. And added extra years.

Daryl Williams got signed for less money, on a one year deal, and has been EXTREMELY better than Hart.
Kendall Lamm played better than him as well. He's making only a million this year and 2 million next year.

Maybe the Blackburn's have been calling these shots for awhile. They're just not good at it either.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Worst thing about his comment was the smug tone of voice.  Does not sound professional at all.

And even if I agreed with the points he made he never explained why we had to sign Hart for THREE YEARS.  No free agent RTs this year?  Guess what, they have new free agents every year, dumbass.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 03:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Bobby Hart played horrendously and they gave him a $6 million dollar raise. And added extra years.

Daryl Williams got signed for less money, on a one year deal, and has been EXTREMELY better than Hart.
Kendall Lamm played better than him as well. He's making only a million this year and 2 million next year.

Maybe the Blackburn's have been calling these shots for awhile. They're just not good at it either.

Well look at who their mentor was.... Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 03:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I wonder what Troy would be doing if he wasn't banging Katie.

I don't think thats the way this relationship works. 
Reply/Quote
The Whit's were right about Troy.

And this is devastating for any post MB hope for this team.

Looks like we'll always be bottom feeders. Even under Katie's reign.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Welp, as of now I'm less optimistic about the turn this franchise will take when Mike Brown heads for the great Wendy's in the sky.  I will say that it makes me a little tingly inside to be berated by someone better than me though.  I'm weird.

(03-28-2019, 03:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Whit's were right about Troy. 

And this is devastating for any post MB hope for this team. 

Looks like we'll always be bottom feeders. Even under Katie's reign.

Mike Brown did his own thing and didn't care what fans wanted.  It looks like Troy and Katie do their own thing and then Troy goes the extra mile of telling fans what morons they are for thinking they aren't doing things in the best and only way possible.  This is gonna be fun!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 03:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I wonder what Troy would be doing if he wasn't banging Katie.

Living in a van down by the river.

Reply/Quote

Maybe we should be asking the same question about Bobby Hart.

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

I actually feel a little ashamed with myself for posting this, but it was too funny to pass up.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And even if I agreed with the points he made he never explained why we had to sign Hart for THREE YEARS.  No free agent RTs this year?  Guess what, they have new free agents every year, dumbass.

Again, hating to be fair to that idiot, but look at the contract details. Hart's deal is really a 1 year deal with easy outs the following two years. The three years isn't awful if he can put it together and play well. If he just is what he is and doesn't improve (he's still young-ish at 25), they can cut him in the off season before the roster bonus hits and have a pittance of dead cap as a result (2 mil). Much as I loathe the Hart signing, on the off chance he figures it out and becomes a decent tackle, I'd rather have him under contract than have to pay him a ton on the off chance he performs well. His money looks stupid considering his past performance (and it IS stupid make no mistake), but compared to the top FA tackles, it isn't THAT bad. 

I'm just choosing to believe it's really a 1 year contract, with team options in years 2&3. Sure he might (OK, likely will) be here all 3 years, or he might be gone next March. Until we see who we get in the draft and who's available on the 2020 FA market, at least we know we have one semi-competent (I'm being very generous) RT on the roster. Hart isn't anything to write home about, but he's better than Fisher or Ogbuehi were at least. I think what happened was they panic signed Hart, way overpaid, and preferred to go with the devil they knew than an outside player.

Was it a ridiculous over-pay? Absolutely. Was it dumb? Most likely. Is it surprising considering who runs the team? Not at all. Could it be worse? Absolutely, they could have re-signed Ogbuehi instead (I still can't believe Jacksonville gave him a contract, he'd be a benchwarmer in the AAF).

Dammit, I just managed to defend the Bobby Hart contract...I need a drink, or a shower, or both...

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/bobby-hart-16952/
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Worst thing about his comment was the smug tone of voice. Does not sound professional at all.

And even if I agreed with the points he made he never explained why we had to sign Hart for THREE YEARS. No free agent RTs this year? Guess what, they have new free agents every year, dumbass.

Yep agree. The arrogance on the guy. And like there was no other options than Hart. Fml. I’m starting to worry about the franchise for the next few years. QB Lawrence come on down.
Reply/Quote
According to Kat Terrell, its been taken a bit out of context.

Apparently, he didn't mean for it to come out that harshly and she said it actually didn't come out that harshly, plus his tone and mannerisms made it look much less smug than the text appears.

That's all.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 04:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: According to Kat Terrell, its been taken a bit out of context.

Apparently, he didn't mean for it to come out that harshly and she said it actually didn't come out that harshly, plus his tone and mannerisms made it look much less smug than the text appears.

That's all.

Great, so now not only are we too stupid to see why the Hart signing was awesome, but we're too stupid to know when someone is NOT being a smug d-bag.  
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 04:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: According to Kat Terrell, its been taken a bit out of context.

That's all.

Backpedaling.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 04:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Backpedaling.

Like Deion Neon Sanders in his prime.
Reply/Quote

That's all.

somebody got a spanking from mommy
Reply/Quote
This is gold. After three losing season he says we can’t criticize. The egos in this FO is amazing
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 04:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Backpedaling.

[Image: south-park-sorry02.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 04:06 PM)Ravage Wrote: Again, hating to be fair to that idiot, but look at the contract details. Hart's deal is really a 1 year deal with easy outs the following two years. The three years isn't awful if he can put it together and play well. If he just is what he is and doesn't improve (he's still young-ish at 25), they can cut him in the off season before the roster bonus hits and have a pittance of dead cap as a result (2 mil). Much as I loathe the Hart signing, on the off chance he figures it out and becomes a decent tackle, I'd rather have him under contract than have to pay him a ton on the off chance he performs well. His money looks stupid considering his past performance (and it IS stupid make no mistake), but compared to the top FA tackles, it isn't THAT bad. 

I'm just choosing to believe it's really a 1 year contract, with team options in years 2&3. Sure he might (OK, likely will) be here all 3 years, or he might be gone next March. Until we see who we get in the draft and who's available on the 2020 FA market, at least we know we have one semi-competent (I'm being very generous) RT on the roster. Hart isn't anything to write home about, but he's better than Fisher or Ogbuehi were at least. I think what happened was they panic signed Hart, way overpaid, and preferred to go with the devil they knew than an outside player.

Was it a ridiculous over-pay? Absolutely. Was it dumb? Most likely. Is it surprising considering who runs the team? Not at all. Could it be worse? Absolutely, they could have re-signed Ogbuehi instead (I still can't believe Jacksonville gave him a contract, he'd be a benchwarmer in the AAF).

Dammit, I just managed to defend the Bobby Hart contract...I need a drink, or a shower, or both...

I would say the Bengals will keep Hart at least through the 2nd year of his deal because that's what they do, but they did just release Burfict with two years left on his deal. So I guess it's possible.

I've lost optimism a long time ago though haha.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 04:06 PM)Ravage Wrote: Again, hating to be fair to that idiot, but look at the contract details. Hart's deal is really a 1 year deal with easy outs the following two years. The three years isn't awful if he can put it together and play well. If he just is what he is and doesn't improve (he's still young-ish at 25), they can cut him in the off season before the roster bonus hits and have a pittance of dead cap as a result (2 mil). Much as I loathe the Hart signing, on the off chance he figures it out and becomes a decent tackle, I'd rather have him under contract than have to pay him a ton on the off chance he performs well. His money looks stupid considering his past performance (and it IS stupid make no mistake), but compared to the top FA tackles, it isn't THAT bad. 

If past experience is any indication I highly doubt they will cut him. They may set up contracts now and then that they could get out of but how often do they actually cut guys who don’t live up to their salary? In fact, I believe one of their selling points in negotiations is that they almost never do so players are more likely to see all of their money if they sign with us than with another team for more money but end up getting cut after a year or two.

That’s why I cringed at the 3 years. I would feel a bit better if it were an actual one year deal. At least then I can dream about improving the next year
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 03:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Bobby Hart played horrendously and they gave him a $6 million dollar raise. And added extra years.

I have 0 problem with them signing him to have two tackles on the roster. It makes complete sense. Not many will get bent out of shape for that. But to give him such a substantial raise and term is bonkers. What's the point in defending this if they were so confident in it? To me that says it all.
Reply/Quote