Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU countries not allowed to detain illegal migrants
http://louderwithcrowder.com/eu-countries-no-longer-allowed-to-detain-illegal-migrants/#.V1eGDPT3bCQ

Love how the EU just keeps doubling down on imposing their own nonsense on all their members borders.   

So looking forward to seeing Brexit pass 

Quote: EU Countries Not Allowed to Detain Illegal Migrants. Guess Why…

The European Union has been a raging control freak lately. No surprise there (see European Union Plans to Fine Countries… For Refusing Refugees). Now they’re making it virtually impossible for EU countries to enforce their own immigration policies.
Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]Migrants cannot be imprisoned just because they have entered a country illegally, Europe’s highest court has ruled.[/color]
Normally I let the pull quote run longer than one sentence. But that one needs to breathe for a little bit. Migrants cannot be imprisoned just because they have entered a country illegally. Which begs the question: what does someone who’s already broken the law need to do to warrant prison, a place for people who break the laws? Specifically someone who has invaded a country. Without that country knowing anything about said invader. Think about that for a second.
Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]The EU Return Direct [says] illegal immigrants must be invited to go home voluntarily first, within a window of up to a month.[/color]
A similar policy should be adopted for breaking-and-entering perpetrators. I’m calling my local police station. BRB.
Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]People can only be locked up if they later fail to comply with a deportation order, if letting them go risks undermining the deportation order, or if they are convicted of another offence. In effect, it means that simply entering a country illegal[ly] is no grounds for imprisonment.[/color]
In other words, you have to ask them nicely to leave. Because the people who ignored the law in the first place are totes going to do what you tell them to. But only if you don’t jail them. After all, they’re human beings with rights and everything. You have to treat them as such. You can’t just punish them all willy nilly. Make sense? It better. If it doesn’t make sense to you…
[Image: giphy1.gif]
The problem with that is we’re talking about sneaky, festering buckets of human feces. Buckets of feces with a proclivity to suicidal explosions. If ever you wondered of the etymology of our favorite term “Shit bomb”… you’re welcome.
Yes, many of these migrants are looking to cause trouble. And by that I mean tons of them want to murder a bunch of people (remember Brussels and France?). Allhu Akbar, bitches.
Are there any good migrant folks out there? Of course. But those guys aren’t going to lie about their identities or steal someone’s passport. They’ll follow the rules. They want to be treated like humans so they act like humans. You know, instead of swarming locusts.
If Europe wants to let everyone in sans a legitimate vetting process, then fine. That’s their prerogative, albeit a rather crappy one. Still, they should explain something for the rest of us normies who just don’t get it: why doesn’t the EU become one giant, borderless amoeba? They’re already halfway there. (OPINION: We Don’t Need ‘Open Borders’, We Need to Export Freedom) Exclusive sources tell me the answer is… because that’s the worst idea ever. Having weak borders, or none at all, sucks. Just ask any nation that’s ever been invaded. It doesn’t pan out too well.
Also, guess what? After the Paris terror attacks, France closed its borders. I know, huh. Bunch of racists. But as it turns out, knowing who’s coming into your country? Kind of important. Also important? Punishing people who break the law. Especially if you’re not sure who they are, what with them being illegal immigrants.
Speaking of illegal immigrants…

Got to admit that I don't understand the whole EU thing. I thought it was a financial arrangement similar to our NAFTA. Am I to understand that they can makes laws that all countries must abide to?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-08-2016, 12:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Got to admit that I don't understand the whole EU thing. I thought it was a financial arrangement similar to our NAFTA. Am I to understand that they can makes laws that all countries must abide to?

Yes.  It's ridiculous on so many levels.   That's why the Brits are having a vote 23 June.   

http://www.ukip.org/the_truth_is_out_at_least_75_of_our_laws_are_made_by_eu_institutions_says_senior_european_commissioner_viviane_reding

Found that quickly.   The debate between Nigel Farage and Nick Clegg is worth a watch.  Lots of EU info there 
(06-08-2016, 12:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Got to admit that I don't understand the whole EU thing. I thought it was a financial arrangement similar to our NAFTA. Am I to understand that they can makes laws that all countries must abide to?

Transmuted into the New World Order.
Whatever

Originally it was supposed to prevent countries from every going to war with each other again (WWIII), but allow each country to remain sovereign. They seem to be shifting away from that.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-08-2016, 12:56 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes.  It's ridiculous on so many levels.   That's why the Brits are having a vote 23 June.   

http://www.ukip.org/the_truth_is_out_at_least_75_of_our_laws_are_made_by_eu_institutions_says_senior_european_commissioner_viviane_reding

Found that quickly.   The debate between Nigel Farage and Nick Clegg is worth a watch.  Lots of EU info there 

(06-08-2016, 01:45 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Originally it was supposed to prevent countries from every going to war with each other again (WWIII), but allow each country to remain sovereign. They seem to be shifting away from that.

That's crazy. Well not the prevention of World War part, but the part as to where coutries must follow the laws passed by other sovereign nation.

Hell we can even get Mexico to Police their borders or Canada from sending us the likes of Justin Bieber and Celine Dion.

It's a little long but here is a great video on the EU and how it directly affects Britons. It's crazy to see what the Brits have been through since the world wars and how the EU came to power and exploded.

(06-08-2016, 12:56 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes.  It's ridiculous on so many levels.   That's why the Brits are having a vote 23 June.   

This deportation rule does not even apply to Britain.
BTW there is no prison sentence in the United States for being here illegally. Deportation is a civil action with no prison sentence.

If a person is caught in the act of entering illegally it is a misdemeanor, but being an illegal immigrant is not a criminal offense.
So... they're adopting the same stance the the U.S. has had for the last few hundred (ish) years?

Those monsters.

Mellow
(06-09-2016, 12:16 AM)Benton Wrote: So... they're adopting the same stance the the U.S. has had for the last few hundred (ish) years?

Those monsters.

Mellow

They should be deported immediately, put on a list to be arrested if they try to come again.   

The US should have this exact same policy.   

Asking a law breaker to leave and giving them a month to do so is a sham.   You basically spit in the face to anyone who gets a legal visa.   
(06-09-2016, 02:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should be deported immediately, put on a list to be arrested if they try to come again.   

Asking a law breaker to leave and giving them a month to do so is a sham.   You basically spit in the face to anyone who gets a legal visa.   

so are you volunteering to mow yards if they do that?

yards wont mow themselves
People suck
(06-09-2016, 02:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should be deported immediately, put on a list to be arrested if they try to come again.   

If only the US had that policy 500 years ago...
what would the native americans do?
People suck

So it's loosely modeled on the U.S. as it would have been if the anti-federalists had won outright. Think of the E.U. itself as the federal government and the member states being like our states in this country. The intention is to allow each state their own sovereignty within their borders, but for things that impact multiple states or borders between them, etc., that is handled by the E.U.

The problem with the E.U. is the same one that we have here, the central government has been increasing its own power and several of its member states are not too happy about it. The irony is that, as was already pointed out, this was created to prevent a massive European conflict from erupting again but could very well lead to their own version of our Civil War.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-09-2016, 02:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Asking a law breaker to leave and giving them a month to do so is a sham.   You basically spit in the face to anyone who gets a legal visa.   

People who get legal visas are allowed to stay longer than 30 days.

I don't get the contempt for America.  I'm not aware that we ever did this. But some people are so terrified of [insert least favorite minority here] that they want to go to some kind of Cold War Russia system of control. That's got to be a horrible way to spend the day.
(06-09-2016, 08:57 AM)Griever Wrote: what would the native americans do?

Continue to fall for lies of a peaceful coexistence ?
(06-09-2016, 11:17 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Continue to fall for lies of a peaceful coexistence ?

not our fault they didnt keep up on their smallpox vaccines due to the blankets... Ninja
People suck
(06-09-2016, 09:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So it's loosely modeled on the U.S. as it would have been if the anti-federalists had won outright. Think of the E.U. itself as the federal government and the member states being like our states in this country. The intention is to allow each state their own sovereignty within their borders, but for things that impact multiple states or borders between them, etc., that is handled by the E.U.

The problem with the E.U. is the same one that we have here, the central government has been increasing its own power and several of its member states are not too happy about it. The irony is that, as was already pointed out, this was created to prevent a massive European conflict from erupting again but could very well lead to their own version of our Civil War.

Good explination and it does make it much clearer; the only question I have remaining (and directed at you personally to answer); Who enforces the laws made by the EU? For instance we can call in Federal Troops if it ever got to that level.