Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edited: Green will play this week, or maybe not, now ruled out
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/06/a-j-green-to-make-his-2019-debut-this-week/

Edit: Despite multiple reports, including Hobson, stating Zac said Green will play Sunday, there are now reports that Green wasn't a participant at practice today. 

Zac has now stated Green is day-to-day.

Edit:  And now he has been ruled out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
If we win immediately upon his return (LOL!), how does that change the narrative around here?

2 very significant new variables - Ryanfinley + AJ, no Dalton.

Of course, we're not winning, so it matters not.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/06/a-j-green-to-make-his-2019-debut-this-week/
probably on limited snap count.  Green is out of football shape and will take time to get back but this will help Finley.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/06/a-j-green-to-make-his-2019-debut-this-week/

Is anyone even watching the games anymore...?    its a good waste of 3 hours on sunday this year
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Is anyone even watching the games anymore...?    its a good waste of 3 hours on sunday this year

I will this Sunday to see how Finley performs.  My hope is that he does well enough so that the Bengals can pass on QB this year in draft, at least not the overall first pick in draft.  If Finley performs poorly these last few games, Burrow will be the Guy is my guess.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Is anyone even watching the games anymore...?    its a good waste of 3 hours on sunday this year

I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic that Green will be making his first start this year.  The thread title wasn't, "Green will play this week. I wonder if people will watch the game."  Tongue 

That said and since you asked I think there will be some interest in watching how Finley does.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I will this Sunday to see how Finley performs.  My hope is that he does well enough so that the Bengals can pass on QB this year in draft, at least not the overall first pick in draft.  If Finley performs poorly these last few games, Burrow will be the Guy is my guess.  

Joe Burrow is not a top 5 pick. He's benefiting from a brand new system at LSU that is making him look much better than he actually is. He's a day two guy, but teams will overdraft him based on these numbers.

There are 2 QBs who should be considered top 5 picks - Herbert and Tua. 

Reply/Quote
Glad to have him back. Finley could use the help.

Reply/Quote

I've been so disgruntled with the Bengals this year that I've stopped watching pretty much all NFL completely. I didn't even bother getting NFL Red Zone for $10/month.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Joe Burrow is not a top 5 pick. He's benefiting from a brand new system at LSU that is making him look much better than he actually is. He's a day two guy, but teams will overdraft him based on these numbers.

There are 2 QBs who should be considered top 5 picks - Herbert and Tua. 

My eyes tell me something differently.  LSU uses a pro-ready offense and Burrow makes all the throws look easy.  Tua is hobbling on two twisted ankles and has just as many pro ready team mates as burrow.  Herbert is intriguing but is a little jumpy under pressure.  He misses throws sometimes by a lot.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

I watch every minute of every game. Cause i'm a "real fan". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My eyes tell me something differently.  LSU uses a pro-ready offense and Burrow makes all the throws look easy.  Tua is hobbling on two twisted ankles and has just as many pro ready team mates as burrow.  Herbert is intriguing but is a little jumpy under pressure.  He misses throws sometimes by a lot.

Not mad atcha for having a different opinion. I'm not in love with any of these guys, but I'd take Hebert.

In a perfect world, we get Chase Young or Andrew Thomas with our first pick and take a Burrow-type in 2 or 3. 

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My eyes tell me something differently.  LSU uses a pro-ready offense and Burrow makes all the throws look easy.  Tua is hobbling on two twisted ankles and has just as many pro ready team mates as burrow.  Herbert is intriguing but is a little jumpy under pressure.  He misses throws sometimes by a lot.

It's easy for someone to say that if you just look at numbers, compared to other guys or what they've done before. If you watch how they do situationally, then you get a better idea how they can or can't translate to the NFL. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Not so fast, folks.

Green was not at practice today

EDIT: I’m technologically impaired and cannot post the tweet here. Paul Dehner posted the news
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:24 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Not mad atcha for having a different opinion. I'm not in love with any of these guys, but I'd take Hebert.

In a perfect world, we get Chase Young or Andrew Thomas with our first pick and take a Burrow-type in 2 or 3. 

I like Thomas and Kindley combo, also Young and Kindley combo for rounds 1-2,  that is why I think Green helps Finley look better this week.  Let us hope Finley can be decent.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Hopefully Glenn will play also. He is nothing special but he is better than what we have been running out there.

Nothing helps a rookie QB more than a great WR and some better LT play.
Reply/Quote
And he isn't practicing
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Updating a previous item, A.J. Green (ankle) did not practice Wednesday.
He was expected to practice in full, and coach Zac Taylor spoke to the media earlier Wednesday, saying Green is likely to make his season debut this week. It's unclear what's going on, but it's only Wednesday, so Green can easily still suit up Sunday. For now, we'll consider Green questionable for Week 10.

Reply/Quote

I'm nervous to take someone with a Top 5 pick who only had one really good season in 4 years. I understand that watching the film can ease that nervousness but it's always going to be there somewhat for me with any prospect. I just get thoughts of Mark Sanchez.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Well Green Didn't Practice today.. .and was suppose to be full go.
Reply/Quote