Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edited: Green will play this week, or maybe not, now ruled out
(11-06-2019, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, sure he will..   Yawn

Wonder how many tickets were sold with that fake news?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 07:35 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Who wants to bet?

I updated my OP some time ago from the original news to include later news that he missed practice today and is now day-to-day.  So probably not many takers on that bet.   I guess Zac spoke a little too early. I just updated the thread title as well in the event some just read the thread title and then go straight to commenting. Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 08:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wonder how many tickets were sold with that fake news?

I'm thinking not many.  I mean, AJ's commercial sponsors likely bought some to give away.  Most people, will be coming out or tuning in specifically to get a glimpse of Ryan Finley.  So for this 0-8 team, I'd venture to guess that a rookie QB prospect is going to garner more attention than the "possible" return of a future HOF WR.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm thinking not many.  I mean, AJ's commercial sponsors likely bought some to give away.  Most people, will be coming out or tuning in specifically to get a glimpse of Ryan Finley.  So for this 0-8 team, I'd venture to guess that a rookie QB prospect is going to garner more attention than the "possible" return of a future HOF WR.

Honestly, I'm pretty excited to watch the game Sunday. With or without Green, I will be focusing on Findley. And, if AJ doesnt play and Ryan actually finds a way to win this damn game? He don't have to worry about those saying Dalton would have done the same with AJ.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm nervous to take someone with a Top 5 pick who only had one really good season in 4 years. I understand that watching the film can ease that nervousness but it's always going to be there somewhat for me with any prospect. I just get thoughts of Mark Sanchez.

Tua makes me nervous. We all know how injured players work out in these parts. Poor guy could be out 3 years if he sprains an ankle here.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/06/a-j-green-to-make-his-2019-debut-this-week/

Edit: Despite multiple reports, including Hobson, stating Zac said Green will play Sunday, there are now reports that Green wasn't a participant at practice today. 

Zac has now stated Green is day-to-day.

LOL.....Green will play this week, or not.......LOL.......I'm remembering a Cheers episode as Dianne or Frazier try to bring fine books to the sports bar.  "  A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.   It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.  "   When Cliff the mailman says, "  Boy, that Dickens really knows how to cover his butt ". ...You reminded me of that funny line. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Joe Burrow is not a top 5 pick. He's benefiting from a brand new system at LSU that is making him look much better than he actually is. He's a day two guy, but teams will overdraft him based on these numbers.

There are 2 QBs who should be considered top 5 picks - Herbert and Tua. 

You’re a loon.

Burrow>>>Herbert

Reply/Quote
I know injuries are a tricky thing, but lordy loo if the updates on AJ Green haven't been increasingly worse from July 27 to today. So we hope to have him back in 4 weeks turns into 3+ months. So it goes.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re a loon.

Burrow>>>Herbert

Whatever.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 08:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Honestly, I'm pretty excited to watch the game Sunday. With or without Green, I will be focusing on Findley. And, if AJ doesnt play and Ryan actually finds a way to win this damn game? He don't have to worry about those saying Dalton would have done the same with AJ.

Good point

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re a loon.

Burrow>>>Herbert

You know, that was my thought, until I actually watched Herbert in a game.  Not just highlights, but actual game play.  Turns out, I like him.  I would not be disappointed if the Bengals took Burrow or Herbert, I think that they're both going to be winners as pros.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 05:16 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I find it hilarious that everyone thinks we can draft a QB correctly. As if our last few draft picks have been anything of quality.

Our last 2 early round QB’s were both good picks. We don’t need to pretend the team never gets anything right.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 08:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: TLDR

Huh
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, that was my thought, until I actually watched Herbert in a game.  Not just highlights, but actual game play.  Turns out, I like him.  I would not be disappointed if the Bengals took Burrow or Herbert, I think that they're both going to be winners as pros.

I like Herbert’s size, and arm strength, but the few times I’ve watched him I haven’t been terribly impressed. Tbf I haven’t seen him that much though.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:53 PM)Trademark Wrote: Huh

Too Long Didn't Read.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Herbert’s size, and arm strength, but the few times I’ve watched him I haven’t been terribly impressed. Tbf I haven’t seen him that much though.

You should watch him, he moves really well for such a large QB.  I'm not just talking about "tucking and running", I'm saying in general.  Do yourself a favor, and watch some actual games he's in.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I watch every minute of every game. Cause i'm a "real fan". 

Well, there was that time you pee'd and the game came back on. -1 Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/06/a-j-green-to-make-his-2019-debut-this-week/

Edit: Despite multiple reports, including Hobson, stating Zac said Green will play Sunday, there are now reports that Green wasn't a participant at practice today. 

Zac has now stated Green is day-to-day.

Taylor is so turned around that he's saying things before he knows anything.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 10:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You should watch him, he moves really well for such a large QB.  I'm not just talking about "tucking and running", I'm saying in general.  Do yourself a favor, and watch some actual games he's in.

“Actual games?” Pretty sure the ones I watched were real games Tongue

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 12:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Actual games?” Pretty sure the ones I watched were real games Tongue

Well, you did say that you hadn't watched much of him.  Sorry if I misconstrued that as you hadn't watched an entire game he played in.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote