Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Returns
I'm thinking the reason he's so successful in the redzone is also the reason he's injured so much. He can't handle the crushing hits down there, perhaps.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If this is highly incentivized I can't see how you can't like it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:56 PM)Gohards Wrote: "Eifert Back" sounds like he got a new injury.

Hilarious   LMAO
Reply/Quote
Said the deal maxed out at $8 million.

Basically the same as using the franchise tag on him if he plays well,
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Said the deal maxed out at $8 million.

Basically the same as using the franchise tag on him if he plays well,

TE tag this year was 9.84 so it was actually way cheaper this route.
Reply/Quote
This is a big deal. Yes he's always hurt, so the incentive latent part is the key. I really thought ONE team would step in and give him a multi year deal with more guaranteed money just to gamble but thankfully that didn't happen. If he really is ready to go, at least we will get something out of him before he takes a big hit and gets dinged up. Win/win.
Reply/Quote
I like him coming back! Like everyone has said, one of the top 5 TEs when he's playing!
Now I gotta go back and do re-do my mock draft, crap! lol
Reply/Quote
Excellent. Good for both parties. Hopefully he stays healthy all year.
Reply/Quote
'Can reach up to $8 million' sounds great.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:57 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: As the article states, it is HEAVILY incentivized. I love, love those contracts. You want the money? You have to earn it. Brings another weapon back. I'd love, love to see two tight end sets. Kroft showed himself as a capable tight end, even more so if Eifert can stay healthy.

While true that he has to earn the money, it does mean that the full amount has to be reserved for cap purposes. The only way to "gain" it back is in the form of being rolled over to next year for whatever is not reached.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While true that he has to earn the money, it does mean that the full amount has to be reserved for cap purposes. The only way to "gain" it back is in the form of being rolled over to next year for whatever is not reached.

I believe any incentive based contract you have the money available that league year to pay it. so you have to keep it in reserve and if not earned can roll it over
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While true that he has to earn the money, it does mean that the full amount has to be reserved for cap purposes. The only way to "gain" it back is in the form of being rolled over to next year for whatever is not reached.

So does that mean for the moment, we have no more money for FAs?? You know where I am going with this.....
Reply/Quote

So then it's no loss because we can always roll anything unused forward or even reallocate it to a resign of one of our own guys before the next league year.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If this is highly incentivized I can't see how you can't like it.

I’m not against the move, but there are still things not to like.

1) He’ll take a roster spot until he ends up hurt again, meaning our replacement will be a guy from the PS or sitting on the couch at the start of the year.
2) They may feel the need to carry an extra TE since he’s not reliably healthy, which would mean going light somewhere else.
3) I really don’t understand why fans care about incentives. The Bengals will still need to plan for an $8 mil cap hit so it doesn’t change anything from our perspective. It’ll still prevent them from signing other FA’s this offseason (ok that wasn’t going to happen anyway lol). If he doesn’t reach his max incentives that only helps mike brown and maybe the black hole he likes to call the “rollover”

I’m still glad he’s back and think it’s a good risk, but there are negatives to consider
Reply/Quote
definitely breaking news.. get it? ... breaking... Hilarious

Jerry
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So does that mean for the moment, we have no more money for FAs?? You know where I am going with this.....

well we started with about 15 mil they planned to spend  ish

+6 from A Jones
-11 for Glenn
-8 for Eifert

so about 2-3 mil left without making any cap space moves I would guess

actually looks like we have around 12 mil left after eifert but I'm not sure how much of that is earmarked for extending their own

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we started with about 15 mil they planned to spend  ish

+6 from A Jones
-11 for Glenn
-8 for Eifert

so about 2-3 mil left without making any cap space moves I would guess

actually looks like we have around 12 mil left after eifert  but I'm not sure how much of that is earmarked for extending their own

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

Probably already spent that 2-3 mil on huber.  I wouldent expect much more.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:54 PM)Takedown Wrote: Love it. Saves us from picking up one in the draft (at least early on). Great signing.

Why? He won't make it through OTA's. The Bengals just struggle to let go. It's kinda sad.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Love it. Team friendly deal, elite level player when healthy, a one year "prove it" deal. What not to like?

Hopefully the team is smart enough to realize that they still need to address TE at some point in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:38 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Probably already spent that 2-3 mil on huber.  I wouldent expect much more.

right plus Hart and Baker as well...

but they are already accounted for on that sight.   well maybe not Huber and definitely not eifert yet
Reply/Quote