Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Eli Apple re-signs
(03-17-2022, 07:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Returning  all 11 starters on defense + our top Backup  DT is a nice  start to free agency .

Larry O was a starter, but I think Hill is better (and $10 mil cheaper). 

Great signing for us. Relatively cheap. Allows us to cut Waynes and not have a glaring hole at CB. And free some cap space. 

RT still an issue, once that is solved, we can go BPA in draft. And bargain hunt for the rest of FA.  
Reply/Quote
I said a long time ago I thought we’d get a top center and mid level guard in FA and draft an OT @ #31 and a corner @#63 and resign Hill and Apple instead of Ogunjobi. Why am I disappointed) LOL I hope I was wrong, please FO
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I remember the TD ball during the SB and people complaining. I honestly have looked at that play and really didn't see how he could have defended it any better. Good signing.

He was in good position. The throw was good.

It's almost impossible to defend well placed throws.
Reply/Quote
I like this better than Hurst. He's decent value at CB2 He is top 50 corner not terrible plays well within our scheme.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Returning  all 11 starters on defense + our top Backup  DT is a nice  start to free agency .

Absolutely, VERY good start!
Reply/Quote
God Dammit
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:19 PM)Yogo Wrote: Guess they can count us out for upgrading at CB#1.  No more Gilmore talk.

If it comes down to Collins or Gilmore I obviously prefer Collins. I would like to see what this offense can do with a good line. Feel like the defense carried us in the playoffs and the offense was more of the problem. I’d take both tho feel like we’ll sign an aging vet at CB on the cheap.
Reply/Quote
I’m happy with it. Apple can still improve too. He got better as the year went on last year. Need to draft a corner at some point this spring as well. I wouldn’t be against adding another tight end and Waynes should definitely be relieved of his duties.

Need to grab a RT now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Figured he would be back. Now time to let Waynes go.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:23 PM)basballguy Wrote: God Dammit

now do u hate this because of his play? or because of his twitter shenanigans?
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Apple is unappreciated and part of that is because of his personality and he brings on himself. But this was a very solid signing to Bengals. Probably still need to draft two cornerbacks
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I approve since it wasn't a big overpay.
Reply/Quote
Not an Apple fan, but I have no problem with 1yr/$4m at all. I think Apple from a personality standpoint is probably best off only ever being on 1-year prove-it deals, and $4m is real reasonable for a 3rd/4th CB.

Good signing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Love it, value is off the charts. He’s a solid #2 in our system and we are paying him backup money still. He definitely needed another prove it year, other teams weren’t going to break the bank for him after 1/2 of a good year. I now feel fine with our defense going into the draft. Focus on O line now with 2 more guys so we don’t even have to draft o line if the right guys aren’t available. Draft can then focus on defense with TE and WR.

Would still like to sign another cheap apple type too. Maybe Nelson or somebody like that with starting experience who can be had for $3 mil/yr to give us solid depth.
Reply/Quote
Great signing for value
Reply/Quote
Mckenzie Alezander available now too!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:19 PM)Yogo Wrote: Guess they can count us out for upgrading at CB#1.  No more Gilmore talk.

Disagree. Cut Waynes and free up 15 mil to sign Gilmore or some other big name corner that gets released and also a tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: now do u hate this because of his play? or because of his twitter shenanigans?

His twitter is insufferable.  

I rather enjoy watching him giving up a TD and the camera always catching him looking to Bates or Bell as if it was their fault.   Ninja

I do not enjoy Eli Apple on the Bengals.  My most stressful moments are when the opposing QB is airing it out downfield in Apple's direction.  

I said this all of last year and I will say it again.....Eli Apple is not capable of being the difference maker and winning us a game.  He is more than capable of being the reason we lose.  

I don't like this because I'm guessing this means he's expected to start in 2022.  I was accepting of him coming off the bench and then starting because we had nobody else.  But I do not like him as the declared CB2 going into 2022.

However, it's very hard to be upset over 4mil/1 year.  That's a fair price.  Hopefully the money we save here goes to other positions of need.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:57 PM)basballguy Wrote: His twitter is insufferable.  

I rather enjoy watching him giving up a TD and the camera always catching him looking to Bates or Bell as if it was their fault.   Ninja

I do not enjoy Eli Apple on the Bengals.  My most stressful moments are when the opposing QB is airing it out downfield in Apple's direction.  

I said this all of last year and I will say it again.....Eli Apple is not capable of being the difference maker and winning us a game.  He is more than capable of being the reason we lose.  

I don't like this because I'm guessing this means he's expected to start in 2022.  I was fine accepting of him coming off the bench and then starting because we had nobody else.  But I do not like him as the declared CB2 going into 2022.

However, it's very hard to be upset over 4mil/1 year.  That's a fair price.  Hopefully the money we save here goes to other positions of need.  

tennesse playoffs, chiefs playoffs game before half time
Reply/Quote