Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Eli Apple re-signs
If Eli Apple is not on the 2021 Cincinnati Bengals they do not go to the Super Bowl.

WTS, I hope he gets pushed as a starting boundary CB for this team; either by another FA of a 1-2 RD draft choice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Honestly I think of lot of the hate towards Apple is that as an OSU product a lot of people have followed his behavior closely.  They don't like him because of the way he acts off the field.

Maybe so. I try not to pay attention to player Twitter accounts.

(03-17-2022, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Eli Apple is not on the 2021 Cincinnati Bengals they do not go to the Super Bowl.

WTS, I hope he gets pushed as a starting boundary CB for this team; either by another FA of a 1-2 RD draft choice.

Agree. Apple is to CBs what someone like Kitna or Fitzpatrick is to QBs.

He should be a stopgap. Draft a guy or bring in another FA and let them battle.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If there isn't a social media clause in his contract, someone screwed up.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Honestly I think of lot of the hate towards Apple is that as an OSU product a lot of people have followed his behavior closely.  They don't like him because of the way he acts off the field.

I don't really care what any of them say on twitter as long as it's not some outlandish nonsense like Donte Whitner with his Hitler reference.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Another 1 year deal to keep him nice and motivated.

I'm not going to hate on him bc Giants and Saints fans hate him. Seems silly to me.

He played well for us overall and that's all that matters.

Yes, that would be silly. They just gave me the scouting report. I was hopeful he was only going to be a #4 in on Dime coverage.

I hated his play because he got torched a lot the first part of the season when it looked like 3rd and Eli on almost every drive. I'd seen play like that with LeShaun Sims last year. He leveled out after 5 or 6 weeks and then he was occasional hit or miss the rest of the season. Awuzie had a terrible game against the Titans in the playoffs and that was pretty much it for him. I don't recall him being targeted too much.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Eli Apple is not on the 2021 Cincinnati Bengals they do not go to the Super Bowl.

What an absurd take.

If Apple is not on the 2021 Bengals, they win the Super Bowl.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 02:17 AM)basballguy Wrote: What an absurd take.

If Apple is not on the 2021 Bengals, they win the Super Bowl.

So Trae Waynes was better than Apple? That’s why he couldn’t beat out Eli for that second outside corner position?

Stop it.. if waynes was starting, things would’ve been worse

You say real illogical shit sometimes
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:03 PM)pally Wrote:

This is excellent news.  He got a nice raise.  He earned it.  He is a part of this team.  Now, just burn his twitter account....

BTW, Chad tweeted that Apple had the NFL's LOWEST NFL QB rating allowed against man coverage.  Something like a 22.  

He's not as good as Chido, but he stayed healthy and really fits this defense.  

Still need one more FA CB for depth and competition, though.  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: only bafoons would be mad about this signing

Only buffoons would misspell buffoons...
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

C'mon Piston, don't let facts get in the way of a good hate stance....
Reply/Quote
This bafoon is happy.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 08:02 PM)basballguy Wrote: Are you talking about the 2nd quarter where he gave up a TD, a 40 yard bomb, and a PI?  

You act like that tackle exonerated him.  We wouldn't have even been defending on the goal line if it wasn't for him.  

And I need some of what you're smoking.  Eli Apple is NOT the reason we beat Tennessee.

Uh, a tie game with the Titans only needing about 45 yards to get a FG, Apple tipped the pass away from the WR and directly in to the hands of Wilson.  He absolutely was a huge part of why they beat Tennessee. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Curious, how did you rate Ramsey's play in the Super Bowl?

I was there and he could not cover anyone deep the entire game. Only thing saving him with the LA pressure. BTW..Ramsey is a stud by like every CB, they face a lot of stud WR's that make them look bad

Don't waste your time.  You are dead on with factual information and realistic expectations for ANY CB, but some folks just need someone to hate.  
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 10:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Apple was a 15 game starter for us and we made the Super Bowl. 26 year old former top 10 pick. Every DB gets beat.

EXACTLY.  And he was a whopping $1 million dollar salary.  Absolute best VALUE on the team behind Burrow...

Do I think they can improve the position over Apple via free agency or at least get competition in the draft?  Sure.

Am I glad that Apple found his form and helped the Bengals overcome the permanent fixture in the training room (Waynes)?  Absolutely.

It is like people completely forgot what this team looked like with Leshawn Sims out there the year before when Waynes was injured. 
Reply/Quote
That Eli Apple is quite the polarizing player on this Bengals team. His play had its share of ups and downs, but he managed to come through when it counted the most. Prior to free agency, I think the consensus of us on here were of the opinion that we would be fine with him coming back on a minimal contract, and that is exactly what happened. 1yr/$4M not exactly a bank breaker.

Do I think that the Bengals plan on continuing to look for cost effective upgrades to the position in free agency? You betcha.
Do I think that the Bengals are planning on targeting a future starting CB in the draft? Absolutely.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is a good signing. He has shown he can deliver for us in big spots. Like most, I do hope he’s not our starter, but now we don’t have a gaping whole in our secondary.
Reply/Quote
He'll be the 4th CB on this team if we take CB at 31. Which is great depth.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:16 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: He'll be the 4th CB on this team if we take CB at 31. Which is great depth.

Doubtful.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:17 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Doubtful.

Likely. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:18 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Likely. 

I guess we will see, but I would not bet on a rookie corner at 31 unseating a veteran that played well for a super bowl team last year. I could be wrong, but I feel 95% confident Apple will remain a starter, pending injuries, for the duration of this upcoming season.

I hope I’m wrong, and your right, as that would signal a home run pick by the bengals.
Reply/Quote