Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Eli Apple re-signs
(03-18-2022, 12:49 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm not saying he's all world bro, but that passer rating against him in man is what it is. Good stopgap signing, plugs a potential hole, I'm good with it. Pretty good price to boot.

I’m curious and would love to see more around that cherry picked stat. If I had to guess, I’d say they spend at least half the snaps in zone coverage.

I agree he’s a stopgap and given our needs on the line, he’s probably the best option available for what we can spend this year
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:28 PM)basballguy Wrote: He made a great tackle on a poorly ran route, sure, but we should've never been in that spot.  

On that same drive he gave up a 48 yard pass and a 14 yard PI.  62 yards of that 78 yard drive were on him.  We won that game in spite of Eli, not because of him.  

And Jalen Ramsey got burnt in the Super Bowl.

I can make any CB In the league look bad by just pointing out his bad plays and ignoring everything else.  

I could make Joe Burrow look like crap this way.

That is all you are doing here.  It is useless.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:03 PM)pally Wrote:

Good news, thought we could of upgraded with a Casey Heyward type but Eli knows the system and had his best year as a pro 
last season under Lou. Sure, he gets beat but so does every #2 Corner when they are targeted often.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 01:01 PM)basballguy Wrote: I’m curious and would love to see more around that cherry picked stat.  If I had to guess, I’d say they spend at least half the snaps in zone coverage.  

I agree he’s a stopgap and given our needs on the line, he’s probably the best option available for what we can spend this year

I'd say you're correct on that. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:13 PM)basballguy Wrote: Eli Apple in man coverage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCe5HVybuuQ

Note:  embedding videos is disabled for this one so i had to direct link.  

Edit:  Here's a fun pic from the video to save time from watching it:

[Image: elim2m.png]

(03-18-2022, 01:01 PM)basballguy Wrote: I’m curious and would love to see more around that cherry picked stat.  If I had to guess, I’d say they spend at least half the snaps in zone coverage.  

pot meet kettle
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 02:15 PM)motoarch Wrote: pot meet kettle

haha,

I have no valid response to this.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 02:24 PM)basballguy Wrote: haha,

I have no valid response to this.

You're a good sport.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:57 PM)basballguy Wrote: His twitter is insufferable.  

I rather enjoy watching him giving up a TD and the camera always catching him looking to Bates or Bell as if it was their fault.   Ninja

I do not enjoy Eli Apple on the Bengals.  My most stressful moments are when the opposing QB is airing it out downfield in Apple's direction.  

I said this all of last year and I will say it again.....Eli Apple is not capable of being the difference maker and winning us a game.  He is more than capable of being the reason we lose.  

I don't like this because I'm guessing this means he's expected to start in 2022.  I was accepting of him coming off the bench and then starting because we had nobody else.  But I do not like him as the declared CB2 going into 2022.

However, it's very hard to be upset over 4mil/1 year.  That's a fair price.  Hopefully the money we save here goes to other positions of need.  
Funny he won the titans game in the playoffs and came up huge in the AFCCG.. Wtf are you watching?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:47 PM)Tony Wrote: Funny he won the titans game in the playoffs and came up huge in the AFCCG.. Wtf are you watching?

If you're asking this then you likely haven't read the entire thread.  Do that then report back. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 02:54 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: So Trae Waynes was better than Apple? That’s why he couldn’t beat out Eli for that second outside corner position?

Stop it.. if waynes was starting, things would’ve been worse

You say real illogical shit sometimes

When Awuzie went down, Waynes didn't even get in.. They went with flowers. This guy is just an Eli hater...
Reply/Quote
Apple is good in man coverage. If he goes to a team that uses Zone, he'll struggle. As long as we go man...he's actually pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 03:47 PM)Tony Wrote: Funny he won the titans game in the playoffs and came up huge in the AFCCG.. Wtf are you watching?

He's right though. Outside of the end of the Titans game, all of is picks came on poorly thrown balls or what appeared to be miscommunication between opposing qb and wr. Dude got picked on and torched most of the year... Not a bad depth piece and looked good at times but not a CB2
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:48 PM)Esc33 Wrote: He's right though. Outside of the end of the Titans game, all of is picks came on poorly thrown balls or what appeared to be miscommunication between opposing qb and wr. Dude got picked on and torched most of the year... Not a bad depth piece and looked good at times but not a CB2

Apple is a near average cb2. He’s fine

Do I want the bengals to draft a cb in the first 2 rounds? Yes.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:48 PM)Esc33 Wrote: He's right though. Outside of the end of the Titans game, all of is picks came on poorly thrown balls or what appeared to be miscommunication between opposing qb and wr. Dude got picked on and torched most of the year... Not a bad depth piece and looked good at times but not a CB2

Which is exactly what we brought him back as a borderline #2 to fill in in case of injury. I bet we draft a top Corner as long as 
we get the RT position solidified. So many good Corners in this Draft and that is the way you should use the Draft on top Corners.

Best deal in the land. Can get the best player for cheap and Lou is good with the Secondary.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Uh, he allowed a 22.6 passer rating in man to man coverage. That wasn't his PFF grade.

Yup.

Dyslexia strikes again.

Got out of my double check, triple check routine. The rest of my post still stands, though.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote