Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough crying, what’s the Chase-less gameplan YOUD adopt? X’s and O’s
Have we ever ran plays with Mixon and Perine in the backfield on same play? Use them both and screens to the left and right ? Maybe it would open up the middle for hurst??‍♂️
Reply/Quote
Good teams find a way to win. I think this will be a big game for Hurst and it can't hurt to put Evans out wide. He can make people miss.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: Kendric Pryor ran a 4.37, knows the play book (more then anyone else would) and would be available for cheap. Maybe they go with someone more known but it's something. 

I have to agree that Pryor would be an interesting prospect,being he does know the playbook,and has excellent speed,and athleticism.Who knows,he just might be the solution to the problem.As you also mentioned,he would be cheap,and I’m sure Mike Brown would go for that.
Reply/Quote
I think the key here is survival. We need to play smart and win these next few games, which I think is possible without Chase. If we can bring a guy with some speed into the mix (Lassiter, Evans? or trade) it probably helps Boyd and Higgins carry the load. And maybe the speedster can give us 1 play a game that changes coverage.

This could help our team in the long run a it will force Burrow to grow to use his other weapons even more. If we become less reliant on Chase we will be harder to defend down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Carrying 3 special team players as WR depth may come back to bite us.

Many of us wanted to upgrade the WR depth, but WTS many said Thomas was an adequate back up and hopefully they're proven right. Just hope Tee is ok because seems he has been dinged a lot lately as well.

Obviously the the running game could help immensely if gettin going, but those 2 high safeties are probably gone now and running will not be any easier.

Wouldn't mind adding a WR and a pass catching TE if Chase is going to miss a substantial amount of time, but doubt that can be done within the available cap space even if both are even available.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: Kendric Pryor ran a 4.37, knows the play book (more then anyone else would) and would be available for cheap. Maybe they go with someone more known but it's something. 

This is what i want personally.

I think Pryor would fit the role of “do nothing but run deep routes” 4th WR.

He’s 4.3 guy so you HAVE to guard him. That’s all you need
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Well Mixon needs a healthy dose of touches and they are just gonna have to suck it up and gitter done
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Exactly. I’m as bummed as the next guy, but if you think you have a top 5 QB, he should be able to win with less than the best trio.

The Bengals STILL have 3 legitimate receiving threats and people are out here losing their ***** minds. 

Un-be-lievable

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: MIght be a good time to actually start using Evans in the passing game the way it was talked about by the coaching staff during the off season.

I like this.  I'd also go after Kendrick Pryor.  He may not be fantastic, but he knows our system and showed he can make some tough catches.  Plus he'd be cheap.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Bengals STILL have 3 legitimate receiving threats and people are out here losing their ***** minds. 

Un-be-lievable

Hurst doesnt put up Boyd numbers. Tight ends not named Andrews and Kelce have a cap to their production

a 600 yard season for a TE is borderline top 5 at that position

bengals are gonna need 1 more guy
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 08:13 PM)tms Wrote: Yup. It was inevitable that this would happen at some point- whether because of injury, free agency or whatever.  As much as I want to say we need to find another X, it's on Burrow to make up the difference as much as it is on anyone else. And I have confidence in him. But it's something he's never had to do before.   

Really?

In 2020 Burrow was throwing to a rookie in Higgins, Boyd, a disinterested AJ Green and Drew Sample was his freaking TE for 13 of the 16 games. 

He still threw for 300yds 4 times and 400yds once. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hurst doesnt put up Boyd numbers. Tight ends not named Andrews and Kelce have a cap to their production

RBs will need to be more involved in the passing game. That's your 4th.

But to your point, with Chase being out, that should automatically increase Hurst's looks. 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hurst doesnt put up Boyd numbers. Tight ends not named Andrews and Kelce have a cap to their production

I agree with needing one more guy but i think he’s on our roster already.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:39 PM)Housh Wrote: I agree with needing one more guy but i think he’s on our roster already.

Who? Evans potentially but not sure who in the WR room it would be. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: Who? Evans potentially but not sure who in the WR room it would be. 

Pryor

4.37, decent hands.

Won’t be asked to run routes. He’s gonna run streaks and posts, that’s it.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I expect to see more man coverage without Chase in the lineup. So stacked mesh concepts, short crossers, and RB screens.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Pryor

4.37, decent hands.

Won’t be asked to run routes. He’s gonna run streaks and posts, that’s it.

Oh, he's not on our roster but stolen by Jacksonville on cut down days. He is still on their practice squad though so we could steal him back though. I agree it wouldn't be bad to give him a try based on how he played in preseason. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Bengals STILL have 3 legitimate receiving threats and people are out here losing their ***** minds. 

Un-be-lievable

The 1990s caused this for many Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
I might move Boyd outside and let one of those white Trents play the slot. Or grab OBJ
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: RBs will need to be more involved in the passing game. That's your 4th.

But to your point, with Chase being out, that should automatically increase Hurst's looks. 

Think Hurst is slowed by a groin injury, practicing so hopefully not too bad.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote