Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough crying, what’s the Chase-less gameplan YOUD adopt? X’s and O’s
I personally think we Tee, TB and Hurst, we should still have enough talent to get things down in the short/middle passing game. Those three are all really really good. Makes you realise how stacked we are when that is the group excluding out #1 WR.

We are going to need a bit more from Mixon now I feel. Full on empty set passing on every play is just going to be more difficult when your #1 WR isn't doubled deep on every play. The emergence of the run game would open up the shorter pass game instead.

Worth remembering we haven't lost all the deep threat here... Chase is clearly our best guy for it, but Tee is very capable.

Like said elsewhere, if Burrow is who we say he is, he's still going to be very effective. I am expecting the offence to take a hit with this though.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:54 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'd be fine with Odell if he has his head on straight and physically he's up to snuff. I know that old Texans receiver that got suspended is talented, but I don't know if he's a locker room fit. Maybe a trade. We'll see what happens. I'm not worried yet though.

Odell isn’t even ready to play the next 4-6 weeks. So that is a moot point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was thinking about this yesterday. Apparently Jerry Jeudy is on the block. If he could be had for a 3rd round pick, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to entertain. Not only could he help contribute for the duration of this year, but he could help with what is to be a very difficult offseason.

Logan Wilson, tee Higgins, burrow, bates to name a few.

The salary difference between jeudy and boyd next year is $6,000,000. Throw in Joe mixon, and you free up over $19,000,000.

Just food for thought.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:30 PM)TheFan Wrote: Kendric Pryor ran a 4.37, knows the play book (more then anyone else would) and would be available for cheap. Maybe they go with someone more known but it's something. 

it would have to be really cheap.  
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 08:15 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I was thinking about this yesterday.  Apparently Jerry Jeudy is on the block.  If he could be had for a 3rd round pick, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to entertain.  Not only could he help contribute for the duration of this year, but he could help with what is to be a very difficult offseason.

Logan Wilson, tee Higgins, burrow, bates to name a few.

The salary difference between jeudy and boyd next year is $6,000,000.  Throw in Joe mixon, and you free up over $19,000,000.

Just food for thought.

I like the Jeudy idea, but how about Elijah Moore? Dude was just squawking a week ago about wanting to be traded.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:00 PM)Housh Wrote: 1st thing I’d do is sign or trade for a fast guy that does nothing but deep routes. Idk if one is even available just speaking in a perfect world. You won’t be able to replicate Chase. But we CAN IMITATE Chase as best as we can by getting a fast guy that defenses will at least have to THINK about guarding. We’ve gotten used to those safeties staying deep so everything we can do to encourage those safeties to stay deep we should do.

2nd is create a whole gameplan for Tyler Boyd. He was already eating prior to Chases injury but now we kiNDA NEED him to eat so all this week I’d be focusing on Boyd. He’s proven he can be a number 1 we just need to focus on him. It’s hard to take a slot out the game.

I think it is pretty certain that Tee and Boyd will both get double teams and Hurst, Mixon/Perine/Evans, and whatever WR is on the field for Chase (should be Irwin, IMHO...we don't need Alligator Arms Thomas getting any targets).  Hurst has shown he does just fine moving the chains with about 5-6 targets a game.  So give him a game with 10-12 targets?  Might not be big plays, but would keep the chains moving. 

This is going to also put extra pressure on the defense.  Lou should know by now pretty much what they will be doing on offense.  Need a huge day from the defense.  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:29 PM)brian5562 Wrote: Sign Will Fuller or trade for Bourne. Get the run game going. We won the first game vs the Raiders because of it. If we can use it to beat the Browns and Panthers we are right on track. Get Hurst more involved and find ways to get Evans the rock. He can be a playmaker. Win the next 3 and hopefully a miracle happens and we get #1 back for the Titans.

Fuller is the most logical choice to me as he has the vertical speed to draw defenders and wouldn't cost any draft capital.  
Reply/Quote
Well, the Browns are better stopping the pass than the run. This week, at least, we definitely need a big game from Mixon and Perine.

As to the following games, if the Bengals aren't going to sign/trade someone, I'd use Evans in the passing game a lot more.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 08:11 PM)Trademark Wrote: Desean is on the Ravens and he's washed

yes, and I recall he dropped that pass last yr in the playoff game that he may have scored on us....so NO on Desean
Whatbout that Jets WR? 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 08:10 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Odell isn’t even ready to play the next 4-6 weeks. So that is a moot point.

Like I said in my other post, we have two really good receivers. Most teams don’t have that. I’ll worry when we lose another receiver.

Hopefully chase is ready for the playoffs bc we should make the playoffs without him (on paper).
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:54 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'd be fine with Odell if he has his head on straight and physically he's up to snuff. I know that old Texans receiver that got suspended is talented, but I don't know if he's a locker room fit. Maybe a trade. We'll see what happens. I'm not worried yet though.

Will not be back till mid-December they said on Locked on Bengals about the same time Chase should be back. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 10:04 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, the Browns are better stopping the pass than the run. This week, at least, we definitely need a big game from Mixon and Perine.

As to the following games, if the Bengals aren't going to sign/trade someone, I'd use Evans in the passing game a lot more.

Was curious if Evans could play some slot and move Boyd to the #2. 

Said in his thread an injury would hoist him into action eventually but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be Chase's injury. 

But who knows what the coaches plans are without #1. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 10:32 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Like I said in my other post, we have two really good receivers. Most teams don’t have that. I’ll worry when we lose another receiver.

Hopefully chase is ready for the playoffs bc we should make the playoffs without him (on paper).

That's another reason people are worried.  Tee is working through injuries.  It is totally plausible that he could miss time in the near future.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:16 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Do you even watch the games?

I stand corrected. He was a captain. But the rest of the argument is unimpeachable. He was still a rookie who played half a year for one of the worst teams in the league. There is no comparison between then and now for anyone who... even watches the games lol 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 10:04 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, the Browns are better stopping the pass than the run. This week, at least, we definitely need a big game from Mixon and Perine.

What can Evans do receiving that Mixon and Perine can't do. Both of those guys are very good receivers from the backfield.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 11:38 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Was curious if Evans could play some slot and move Boyd to the #2. 

Said in his thread an injury would hoist him into action eventually but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be Chase's injury. 

But who knows what the coaches plans are without #1. 

They would probably run Taylor in the slot if they were moving Boyd outside.  Likely, they will put Thomas outside and leave Boyd in slot, though.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think it is pretty certain that Tee and Boyd will both get double teams and Hurst, Mixon/Perine/Evans, and whatever WR is on the field for Chase (should be Irwin, IMHO...we don't need Alligator Arms Thomas getting any targets).  Hurst has shown he does just fine moving the chains with about 5-6 targets a game.  So give him a game with 10-12 targets?  Might not be big plays, but would keep the chains moving. 

This is going to also put extra pressure on the defense.  Lou should know by now pretty much what they will be doing on offense.  Need a huge day from the defense.  

We need more from Hurst, what has been lacking is the bigger plays.. he is averaging less than 8 yards a catch.. one thing CJ did well last year was chunk plays.. need Hurst and Burrow to connect more down the field
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:00 PM)Housh Wrote: 1st thing I’d do is sign or trade for a fast guy that does nothing but deep routes. Idk if one is even available just speaking in a perfect world. You won’t be able to replicate Chase. But we CAN IMITATE Chase as best as we can by getting a fast guy that defenses will at least have to THINK about guarding. We’ve gotten used to those safeties staying deep so everything we can do to encourage those safeties to stay deep we should do.

2nd is create a whole gameplan for Tyler Boyd. He was already eating prior to Chases injury but now we kiNDA NEED him to eat so all this week I’d be focusing on Boyd. He’s proven he can be a number 1 we just need to focus on him. It’s hard to take a slot out the game.

I'd trade for Josh Reynolds if DET didn't ask too much.
He'd be signed through next year too, which is the same length as Boyd and Higgins.
He's put up 343 yards in 6 games with DET this year.
I doubt he'd cost more than a 3rd rounder.

If Reynolds couldn't be acquired, I'd change the gameplan to be all about the short passing game and running game.
Utilize 12 personnel and get the ball out quickly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:24 PM)pally Wrote: What can Evans do receiving that Mixon and Perine can't do.  Both of those guys are very good receivers from the backfield.  

I'm thinking primarily in one of the receiver spots, not from the backfield.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm thinking primarily in one of the receiver spots, not from the backfield.
There is a big difference between receiving from the backfield and receiving from the slot. The positions aren't interchangeable just because they both end up catching the ball.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote