Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough crying, what’s the Chase-less gameplan YOUD adopt? X’s and O’s
(10-28-2022, 03:31 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: 40 time doesn't always indicate game speed. Deandre Hopkins was a '4.57 guy' and dude has made plenty of down the field plays over the years.

(10-28-2022, 03:43 PM)Synric Wrote: DeAndre Hopkins short game opens up his deep routes. It's kinda like AJ Green who was so good on slants, curls, and sticks that it opened up Slant and goes/ stop and goes.

DHop has 27 career 40+ yard catches, which sounds like a lot until you realize he's in his 10th year.  Most starting WR's will get a couple a year.

AJ insane body control to go with size also made him tough to defend down field.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 05:36 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Too late in the season to try and trade for someone and build QB/WR reps with.
One guy I would consider trading for is Terrace Marshall Jr..
He had successful LSU years with Burrow so they know each other.
Not sure what we would have to give up for him since he was a 2nd round pick.
Has not played much but since the trade of Robinson he may be more in their plans.

Good thought with Terrace Marshall and yes, he has chemistry with Burrow so makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good thought with Terrace Marshall and yes, he has chemistry with Burrow so makes sense.

If i remember was he the 3rd target on that Justin Jefferson, Chase LSU team? Had great stats if that’s him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 05:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fair, but Reynolds has been more productive just this year through 7 games than Thomas, Morgan, Tate, and Taylor the past few years combined.

Also, Taylor drafted Sample, so we shouldn't always think he makes the best player decisions when it comes to talent.

Maybe Taylor doesn't like Reynolds' attitude.

I get the feeling it is an attitude issue, personally, especially after the deal with the Titans went south so quickly.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said MHG. This was inevitable and we just need guys to step up in Chase's absence and we have some good ones.

This could be a very valuable growing experience for this Offense and the team as a whole.

This will only go up too now. Expecting Hurst to continue getting better especially after losing Chase. I wouldn't call 
Uzo more explosive than Hurst either, there were a lot of plays last season where Uzo was just wide open cause the 
Defense simply forgot about him and he is really hard to tackle, but so is Hurst.

(10-28-2022, 03:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Dude just move to new jersey and marry CJ Uzomah already

Your disdain for Hurst is laughable

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We need more from Hurst, what has been lacking is the bigger plays.. he is averaging less than 8 yards a catch.. one thing CJ did well last year was chunk plays.. need Hurst and Burrow to connect more down the field

Jeeez doood

Maybe buy Burrow some glasses so he can focus on those so called "chunk" plays for Hurst?

[Image: th?id=OIP.42xV-fhDwcuSK8GPbUfsZwHaHI&pid...id=Api&P=0]
Oh...  that's right...  you don't like Burrow that much either.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We need more from Hurst, what has been lacking is the bigger plays.. he is averaging less than 8 yards a catch.. one thing CJ did well last year was chunk plays.. need Hurst and Burrow to connect more down the field

The Jets would probably give us CJ for free and add a 6th round draft pick if Bengals just took his contract off their hands. 

He is not even averaging a catch a game on a $8 million a year contract for 3 years . 

Hurst is paid 3.5 million, less than half of Uzomah's contract and his #'s are

Hurst .........29 rec, 226 yds, 2 TD's....7.7 ypc
Uzomah.......6 rec,   39  yds, 0 TD's....6.5 ypc

Seems the Bengals did the right thing moving on and just maybe CJ was riding Joe Burrow and our WR's coat tail. 

Now without 3 stud WR's to draw the coverage away from him he seems merely average. 

Yet would take him back if he were much, much cheaper.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 07:33 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Jets would probably give us CJ for free and add a 6th round draft pick if Bengals just took his contract off their hands. 

He is not even averaging a catch a game on a $8 million a year contract for 3 years . 

Hurst is paid 3.5 million, less than half of Uzomah's contract and his #'s are

Hurst .........29 rec, 226 yds, 2 TD's....7.7 ypc
Uzomah.......6 rec,   39  yds, 0 TD's....6.5 ypc

Seems the Bengals did the right thing moving on and just maybe CJ was riding Joe Burrow and our WR's coat tail. 

Now without 3 stud WR's to draw the coverage away from him he seems merely average. 

Yet would take him back if he were much, much cheaper.

I really liked CJ too.

It's the price that was the issue.

Neither one of these guys are world beaters but to act like Hurst isn't at least a good stop gap is absurd.

In fact, if Hurst plays well all season I hope he gives them a team friendly deal for the resurgence of his career.
Reply/Quote
Hurst> CJ
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 07:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I really liked CJ too.

Neither one of these guys are world beaters but to act like Hurst isn't at least a good stop gap is absurd.

In fact, if Hurst plays well all season I hope he gives them a team friendly deal for the resurgence of his career.

Believe Burrow will definitely want Hurst back 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 07:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I really liked CJ too.

I prefer Hurst talent, but I won't totally discount CJ based on his production with the Jets. Their passing game isn't exactly vibrant.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 11:41 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I prefer Hurst talent, but I won't totally discount CJ based on his production with the Jets. Their passing game isn't exactly vibrant.

Agreed.  It's a limited TE like Sample that I don't want to see anymore.

He might have been able to block but added absolutely nothing as an offensive weapon.

Quite frankly I'd prefer at true FB if that's the case.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 08:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hurst> CJ

I think also people forget that CJ was coming off an injury(MCL sprain)so sinking a lot of money into him would have had some risk.

Hurst is the unknown in that department because he had issues as well.

At half the price it still made sense.

After this season they'll get a better look at his durability which should predicate his value should they re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 05:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: DHop has 27 career 40+ yard catches, which sounds like a lot until you realize he's in his 10th year.  Most starting WR's will get a couple a year.

It is still quite a bit. Since he came into the league, he is 11th in 40+ yard catches out of 165 qualified receivers. The qualification is 300 receptions over that 10 year timespan. A.J. Green only had 30, Julio Jones with 34. However, Hopkin's his ratio of huge plays to catches isn't that great, 62nd out of 165. 

What is absolutely bonkers is Desean Jackson with 43 on only 622 receptions. 
Reply/Quote
They’ve made some mistakes this year. Not playing the new OL in preseason and not putting Kendric Pryor on the initial roster. By now if on the roster and seeing some action he’d be ready to help. The Bengals Darrin Simmons wants some of those backups on special teams and gets his way. Simmons gets free reign on this team. It’s caused them to certainly help special teams but Simmons doesn’t have to teach or coach much. Taylor doesn’t fight him. But letting him have his way hurts their depth. When it came time to keep Pryor there was no room because of Simmons sacred cows.

I expect Hurst and Mixon to step up in absence of Chase
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I think we are gonna see a BIG game from Boyd. Heard him talking and he seems to think it would be disrespect to Chase to immediately suck the second he goes down.

Nothing really changes about him and Tee’s game honestly. Both were seeing a fair amount of double teams. Neither really has to turn into another WR for us to win. They have to stay the same, we just need a 3rd WR to catch passes and Hurst likely will be asked to do more. If anything Burrow will have added pressure to diagnose the safeties better. He’s gonna go from 100% knowing safeties will be deep to maybe not knowing what the safeties will do on most plays.

If i were Cleveland I’d call a good amount of man and single high against us. Force Boyd to-be a god and catch contested passes over the middle
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 09:08 PM)Housh Wrote: I think we are gonna see a BIG game from Boyd. Heard him talking and he seems to think it would be disrespect to Chase to immediately suck the second he goes down.

Nothing really changes about him and Tee’s game honestly. Both were seeing a fair amount of double teams. Neither really has to turn into another WR for us to win. They have to stay the same, we just need a 3rd WR to catch passes and Hurst likely will be asked to do more. If anything Burrow will have added pressure to diagnose the safeties better. He’s gonna go from 100% knowing safeties will be deep to maybe not knowing what the safeties will do on most plays.

If i were Cleveland I’d call a good amount of man and single high against us. Force Boyd to-be a god and catch contested  passes over the middle

You know what would be fantastic right now?  A run game.

Let's hope that element further develops in Chases absence.

I can dream... can't I?!?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 09:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You know what would be fantastic right now...  a run game.

Let's hope that element further develops in Chases absence.

I can dream... can't I?!?

the run game is key for this upcoming slate of games without Chase
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:26 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Was just waiting for you to jump in harping on missing CJ again...  

The team can adapt.  There are a lot of capable play makers on the field.  They might need to adjust things a bit, but it's not a complete mess without Chase.  This team in general is going to have to (and should have already) figured out how to play without having a key guy.  You can't expect to have a 100% healthy team all year, every year.  

The Bengals have a solid defense that will need to step up in a big way the coming weeks.  And the remaining offense will need to do the same.  I see no reason the team can't get through this with a little thought and prep.  Lean on the run game, 2 very solid WRs and a TE.  Having Chase gone for any amount of time sucks, but there's no reason this team should sink just on that. 
Has nothing g to do with missing has to do with getting bigger plays from Hurst especially with Chase out, can't believe you don't want that
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:12 PM)Housh Wrote: If i remember was he the 3rd target on that Justin Jefferson, Chase LSU team? Had great stats if that’s him

That's him alright. ThumbsUp

Hope we trade for Terrace Marshall today. 

Saw him make a nice catch yesterday with the Panthers in their OT loss to the Falcons.
Reply/Quote