Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough crying, what’s the Chase-less gameplan YOUD adopt? X’s and O’s
Screw it..... call him. I'm sure his 40 time is still respectable, and we know he can catch. He doesn't have to know the playbook, just send him deep on every pass play to help clear out the safety help..... talk about the Jungle coming alive..... Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Ninja
[Image: mcdonalds-double-quarter-pounder-cheese-meal.jpg]
Reply/Quote
CHASE INJURY IS NO EXCUSE FOR LOSING

Bengals are 1-7 vs Browns lately and 0-2 in AFC North. If Bengals fall to 1-8 vs Browns and 0-3 in AFC NORTH, THERE ARE NO EXCUSES.

JUST WIN BABY....GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

Because the NFL Rules on Injured Reserve List are complicated on if Chase would be allowed to come back if put on it. Because Bengals seem to not know how bad the Chase injury is on if he will miss games or miss rest of season. Because of these things and more, I can't even begin to guess what Bengals Options are. I am sure Bengals are looking at all the Options. I'm sure Bengals are thinking : If Chase can play again this season and in play-offs, they would like to have Chase. So don't look for Bengals to slam the door on getting Chase back in season or play-offs unless Doctors completely rule him Out For The Season.

This is so Complicated, Fans on here are just guessing and shooting spit balls on Trades and Player Moves. The NFL Rules are very complicated. I Myself would NOT make Chase OUT FOR THE SEASON AND PLAY-OFFS unless it becomes THE ONLY OPTION. I would leave Chase on the active roster as a doubtful player each week. I would go One Man Short on the Active Roster if that is the ONLY way to get Chase back playing if possible this season or play-offs. The NFL Injured Reserve Squad Rules are too complicated for me, and Bengals better make sure Chase can play if he is able to play. As for talk of Free Agents like Ross, that is even more complicated an Salary Cap. I don't think most FANS know how complicated all The NFL Rules are. Plus Bengals have WR's and TE's on Practice Squad and on Injured Reserve. On Practice squad Zac Taylor has 2 WR's and a TE that he must kind of like or he would not have them.

If Chase can come back this season or play-offs, by all means don't do anything where NFL Rules say he can't return. Bengals have a Bye Week coming up. Don't rush into Anything Stupid at this point.

So let Bengals handle the complicated X's and O's of NFL Rules. Most FANS don't know the Rules or The Injury and are Wild Guessing at Options.

FOR NOW....BEAT THE BROWNS....As my football coach use to say, THIS is our Team. ....Bengals could NOT add anybody to help them beat Cleveland or Carolina next 2 games. Then there is a BYE WEEK. I think Bengals will know more at the Bye Week. FOR NOW, BEAT CLEVELAND with THE TEAM WE HAVE.....For THE BROWNS GAME, THIS IS OUR TEAM practicing today on Friday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd trade for Josh Reynolds if DET didn't ask too much.
He'd be signed through next year too, which is the same length as Boyd and Higgins.
He's put up 343 yards in 6 games with DET this year.
I doubt he'd cost more than a 3rd rounder.

If Reynolds couldn't be acquired, I'd change the gameplan to be all about the short passing game and running game.
Utilize 12 personnel and get the ball out quickly.

Reynolds is another 4.57 guy and not the vertical threat the offense needs.  He's also a guy who the Titans waived because he complained about his PT and he'll be buried here when Chase comes back.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 07:00 PM)Housh Wrote: 1st thing I’d do is sign or trade for a fast guy that does nothing but deep routes. Idk if one is even available just speaking in a perfect world. You won’t be able to replicate Chase. But we CAN IMITATE Chase as best as we can by getting a fast guy that defenses will at least have to THINK about guarding. We’ve gotten used to those safeties staying deep so everything we can do to encourage those safeties to stay deep we should do.

2nd is create a whole gameplan for Tyler Boyd. He was already eating prior to Chases injury but now we kiNDA NEED him to eat so all this week I’d be focusing on Boyd. He’s proven he can be a number 1 we just need to focus on him. It’s hard to take a slot out the game.

Need to add a fast WR no question, Elijah Moore, DeDe Westbrook, I don't care. Saw Weezy's thread yesterday and thought
it was nothing, but saw the news this morning about Ja'Marr being out for 4 to 6 weeks damn it with the hip. Need to bring in
somebody and in the meantime use Hurst and Boyd much more in the passing game and get the running game going.

Evans should also see snaps at WR with Chase out. We still have Tee, Boyd, Hurst, Mixon, Perine, Evans, Wilcox, Sample.

We could be much worse off than we are.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We need more from Hurst, what has been lacking is the bigger plays.. he is averaging less than 8 yards a catch.. one thing CJ did well last year was chunk plays.. need Hurst and Burrow to connect more down the field

Was just waiting for you to jump in harping on missing CJ again...  

The team can adapt.  There are a lot of capable play makers on the field.  They might need to adjust things a bit, but it's not a complete mess without Chase.  This team in general is going to have to (and should have already) figured out how to play without having a key guy.  You can't expect to have a 100% healthy team all year, every year.  

The Bengals have a solid defense that will need to step up in a big way the coming weeks.  And the remaining offense will need to do the same.  I see no reason the team can't get through this with a little thought and prep.  Lean on the run game, 2 very solid WRs and a TE.  Having Chase gone for any amount of time sucks, but there's no reason this team should sink just on that. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Reynolds is another 4.57 guy and not the vertical threat the offense needs.  He's also a guy who the Titans waived because he complained about his PT and he'll be buried here when Chase comes back.  

Reynolds ran a 4.52, what you talkin about?
He's faster than Higgins.

He posted a RAS of 9.09 back when he was drafted.
https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=14257

Reynolds also has a YPR of 14.3, which is just under Higgins' 14.7 and ahead of Chase's 12.9.
He's explosive enough.

I didn't know about the whining, but there's still a chance he could get PT even when Chase comes back, as there's no guarantee there won't be another injury to a WR after Chase is back. It's about building a stable for a postseason push.

Who do you have in mind that would be an adequate replacement that is on a bad team?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:26 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Was just waiting for you to jump in harping on missing CJ again...  

The team can adapt.  There are a lot of capable play makers on the field.  They might need to adjust things a bit, but it's not a complete mess without Chase.  This team in general is going to have to (and should have already) figured out how to play without having a key guy.  You can't expect to have a 100% healthy team all year, every year.  

The Bengals have a solid defense that will need to step up in a big way the coming weeks.  And the remaining offense will need to do the same.  I see no reason the team can't get through this with a little thought and prep.  Lean on the run game, 2 very solid WRs and a TE.  Having Chase gone for any amount of time sucks, but there's no reason this team should sink just on that. 

Don't forget to mention this...

Despite Uzomah having some chunk plays last year, he still only had 493 yards last season.
Hurst is on pace to surpass that - 548 yards (currently at 226 yards in 7 games).

Hurst might not be as explosive as Uzomah, but he's getting more receptions and targets.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:26 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Was just waiting for you to jump in harping on missing CJ again...  

Well said MHG. This was inevitable and we just need guys to step up in Chase's absence and we have some good ones.

This could be a very valuable growing experience for this Offense and the team as a whole.

(10-28-2022, 01:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't forget to mention this...

Despite Uzomah having some chunk plays last year, he still only had 493 yards last season.
Hurst is on pace to surpass that - 548 yards (currently at 226 yards in 7 games).

Hurst might not be as explosive as Uzomah, but he's getting more receptions and targets.

This will only go up too now. Expecting Hurst to continue getting better especially after losing Chase. I wouldn't call 
Uzo more explosive than Hurst either, there were a lot of plays last season where Uzo was just wide open cause the 
Defense simply forgot about him and he is really hard to tackle, but so is Hurst.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Reynolds ran a 4.52, what you talkin about?
He's faster than Higgins.

He posted a RAS of 9.09 back when he was drafted.
https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=14257

I didn't know about the whining, but there's still a chance he could get PT even when Chase comes back, as there's no guarantee there won't be another injury to a WR after Chase is back. It's about building a stable for a postseason push.

Who do you have in mind that would be an adequate replacement that is on a bad team?

Sorry, Bleacher Report had him incorrectly listed at 4.57.  Still, he has only 1 40+ yard catch in 7 years in the league, so no, he's not a deep threat. 

I brought up his exit from Tennessee this past off-season when he was brought up, as well as during past season.  He's one of those guys that would rather play for a bad team than be exa role player on a good team.  He's not a fit personality-wise, let alone as a replacement for Chase.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need to add a fast WR no question, Elijah Moore, DeDe Westbrook, I don't care. Saw Weezy's thread yesterday and thought
it was nothing, but saw the news this morning about Ja'Marr being out for 4 to 6 weeks damn it with the hip. Need to bring in
somebody and in the meantime use Hurst and Boyd much more in the passing game and get the running game going.

Evans should also see snaps at WR with Chase out. We still have Tee, Boyd, Hurst, Mixon, Perine, Evans, Wilcox, Sample.

We could be much worse off than we are.

It makes sense to trade for a wideout like Moore or Jeudy or Westbrook. The depth would help with us having a wide receiver heavy offense. Maybe a mid round pick gets it done on one of these receivers that hasn't done much yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We need more from Hurst, what has been lacking is the bigger plays.. he is averaging less than 8 yards a catch.. one thing CJ did well last year was chunk plays.. need Hurst and Burrow to connect more down the field

Dude just move to new jersey and marry CJ Uzomah already

Your disdain for Hurst is laughable
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sorry, Bleacher Report had him incorrectly listed at 4.57.  Still, he has only 1 40+ yard catch in 7 years in the league, so no, he's not a deep threat. 

I brought up his exit from Tennessee this past off-season when he was brought up, as well as during past season.  He's one of those guys that would rather play for a bad team than be exa role player on a good team.  He's not a fit personality-wise, let alone as a replacement for Chase.

Bengals don't have to have a guy who gets a bunch of 40+ yard receptions.
They just need someone who can cover outside and make some catches to keep the offense moving.
Reynolds can do that.

Who would you target instead of Reynolds that plays for a bad team that could be deemed expendable without giving up too much draft capital?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Reynolds is another 4.57 guy and not the vertical threat the offense needs.  He's also a guy who the Titans waived because he complained about his PT and he'll be buried here when Chase comes back.  

40 time doesn't always indicate game speed. Deandre Hopkins was a '4.57 guy' and dude has made plenty of down the field plays over the years.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 03:31 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: 40 time doesn't always indicate game speed. Deandre Hopkins was a '4.57 guy' and dude has made plenty of down the field plays over the years.

DeAndre Hopkins short game opens up his deep routes. It's kinda like AJ Green who was so good on slants, curls, and sticks that it opened up Slant and goes/ stop and goes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:55 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It makes sense to trade for a wideout like Moore or Jeudy or Westbrook. The depth would help with us having a wide receiver heavy offense. Maybe a mid round pick gets it done on one of these receivers that hasn't done much yet.

Jeudy is who I want us to trade for after hearing he is being shopped, would be perfect for what we need, keeps us 
stacked and Jeudy would get a lot of snaps to gain chemistry with Burrow and be on a Superbowl contender. Would 
show everyone we are serious about going all in and wouldn't cost us much, still on his rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 03:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals don't have to have a guy who gets a bunch of 40+ yard receptions.
They just need someone who can cover outside and make some catches to keep the offense moving.
Reynolds can do that.

Who would you target instead of Reynolds that plays for a bad team that could be deemed expendable without giving up too much draft capital?

What I know is Zac worked with Reynolds in LA and has never even sniffed around the guy the 3 different times he's been available the last two years.  

Fuller would be a decent add.  He's been productive and would keep defenses honest.  If I was looking to trade for a guy, one I would take a look at is Curtis Samuel.  He's a hybrid guy that can line up inside and outside as well as at RB.  He's also got return experience so you should still be able to get him a fair number of touches after Chase gets back.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 05:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: What I know is Zac worked with Reynolds in LA and has never even sniffed around the guy the 3 different times he's been available the last two years.  

Fuller would be a decent add.  He's been productive and would keep defenses honest.  If I was looking to trade for a guy, one I would take a look at is Curtis Samuel.  He's a hybrid guy that can line up inside and outside as well as at RB.  He's also got return experience so you should still be able to get him a fair number of touches after Chase gets back.

Curtis Samuel is a nice thought, I like that guy. Damn good blocker too which shows he is a team player unlike a guy like
Elijah Moore who is wanting to force a trade because he isn't getting as many targets as he would like on a winning team.

Jerry Jeudy is still my hope though for sure and makes the most sense. Fuller is retired and Stewy watched him for years 
with the Texans and says he is trash and drops the ball and is injured all the time, no to Will Fuller.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 05:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: What I know is Zac worked with Reynolds in LA and has never even sniffed around the guy the 3 different times he's been available the last two years.  

Fair, but Reynolds has been more productive just this year through 7 games than Thomas, Morgan, Tate, and Taylor the past few years combined.

Also, Taylor drafted Sample, so we shouldn't always think he makes the best player decisions when it comes to talent.

Maybe Taylor doesn't like Reynolds' attitude.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Too late in the season to try and trade for someone and build QB/WR reps with.
One guy I would consider trading for is Terrace Marshall Jr..
He had successful LSU years with Burrow so they know each other.
Not sure what we would have to give up for him since he was a 2nd round pick.
Has not played much but since the trade of Robinson he may be more in their plans.
Reply/Quote
You don’t need a guy that operates where Boyd and Tee operate .

So that means you really want a deep guy. Desean Jackson would’ve been my 1st call because i felt we needed another fast guy anyway just in case Chase had to miss plays here and there or we wanted to run a screen and not risk hurting Chase.
-Housh
Reply/Quote