Poll: Does anyone get benched? If so what is the move?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Epic win! But do we make a switch on the OL?
I dunno, but I might give carman a crack at RG, and maybe just keep Fred active. You now, just in case.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

Adeniji had more look out blocks than any lineman since the David Klingler era.

Even without a play to reference, they should consider putting him through concussion protocol.  Seriously though I hope the kid bounces back and they make a few adjustments, or Carmen kills it in practice and makes a case. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:55 PM)Destro Wrote: Kill the slow developing plays. Get the playmakers the ball and let them cook.

This.

Throw slants and screens.

Or roll Burrow out.

Do something other than just have him drop back to get punched in the face with pressure right up the middle. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:52 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Think we gotta give Carman a chance

This. His problems have stemmed mainly from his not being in the right place or going the right way. It hasn't been because he got physically handled, which is what happens to Adeniji a lot, especially in the run game. Carman, when playing well, brings a physical edge to the line, especially in the run game. 
And the Bengals spent a second round pick on him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:57 PM)Synric Wrote: I counted 5 sacks on Hakeem Adeniji. Jackson Carman has 0 sacks on the season and half as many pressures. He is closer to Quinton Spain than Hakeem Adeniji. 

There has to be something we dont know keeping Adeniji over Carman.

Especially since they drafted him 38th overall. You'd think they'd have given him more rope.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:58 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude iv watched every game this playoffs and every team needs offensive lineman. No team has really be ok up front with their protections but Buffalo. Buffalo's o line just dominated.

Its totally possible there isnt a top O lineman worth drafting in the first round by the time we draft.

Tyler Linderbaum. If he's still available by the time the Bengals pick, that would be a gift and a no-brainer. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:49 PM)phil413 Wrote: Does anyone....namely on the right side get benched in favor of a backup?

Idk how you keep Adeniji in there after that performance. I counted at least twice where he whiffed on blocks during a running play and he wasn't pulling, just straight up blocking the guy in front of him. How can you do this for a living, playing a game you have been playing a majority of your life most likely, making great money doing it and you miss a 300lb man right in front of you multiple times in one game on run plays. He almost got Burrow killed once letting an untouched Blitzer scream in untouched early in the game. Later he almost pulled a Michael Jordan and took out Burrows leg and that's not even mentioning all the times he ended up with his face or ass in the dirt. 

Reminds me I wanted to make a comment about the filed today. Bengal players were slipping a lot today, I saw earlier in the day a video of the field a couple hours before kickoff that they still had the tarp on the field. When I saw it I immediately started wondering if maybe the Titans were doing that intentionally to make the field play slower. I mean that's where the Bengals biggest advantage was with their recievers. I can specifically remember Owuzie slipping and falling on one deep pass Tenn connected on and also earlier someone else slipped on a long completion. Is there any type of regualtion teams need to follow when it comes to that stuff? I know they both have to play on the same field but you can certainly try to make your field play faster or slower just like a golf course that can be beneficial to a team.

Back to Adeniji now, the m
ost impressive thing he did all day was late in the game on one of the sacks he gave up, he got bull rushed and his feet slipped from under him and he landed on his face, the impressive part of it was how quickly he got up. 

The untouched sack you could probably give to him or Prince because it looked like they both thought the other was gonna pick him up, but mental mistakes can be fixed. Physically getting your ass whooped all game long takes a long time to fix, if it can be fixed at all. Can't have another game like that one. In my opinion need to get X or Carman in there and give them a shot. They can't possibly do any worse than Adeniji did today can they? No hyperbole, that might just be the worst offensive line performance I have ever seen in an NFL game, let alone a playoff one at that, on the road that they still won. Really drives home the fact how good Burrow Chase Higgins etc are. Winning a game you got dominated up front, allowed 9 sacks and had a non existent running game in and still won. Wow just wow.

Don't know how many qbs if any could get sacked a record amount of times in a playoff game, have no running game on the road and still be able to keep their team in the game let alone win it. Tells me that if they can keep these guys together and get a good oline out there our Bengals will be a straight up power house.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:00 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Tyler Linderbaum. If he's still available by the time the Bengals pick, that would be a gift and a no-brainer. 

Tyler won't be there at 32
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:57 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Especially since they drafted him 38th overall. You'd think they'd have given him more rope.

38 is where we would have picked had we not traded back with the Pats.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt that they put in Carman at RG. As per Locked On Bengals - the offense started clicking when Adeniji moved into the starting role. It went a long way in getting more practice reps in during the week and for continuity because they didn't have to stop and explain everything to the RG on almost every snap.

The only reason Carman had early season snaps is because Adeniji was still injured.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Offensive line

Isaiah Prince didn't allow a pressure, but the rest of Cincinnati's offensive line was dicey. Jonah Williams allowed five pressures and two sacks, Hakeem Adeniji allowed four pressures and three sacks while Quinton Spain and Trey Hopkins each allowed a sack. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Offensive line

Isaiah Prince didn't allow a pressure, but the rest of Cincinnati's offensive line was dicey. Jonah Williams allowed five pressures and two sacks, Hakeem Adeniji allowed four pressures and three sacks while Quinton Spain and Trey Hopkins each allowed a sack. 

PFF is wrong here Isaiah Prince allowed a mental sack early when he left the OLB Harold Landry an lane inside. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:31 AM)Synric Wrote: PFF is wrong here Isaiah Prince allowed a mental sack early when he left the OLB Harold Landry an lane inside. 

Yep. He literally just let him run right past like he thought he had help.

Reply/Quote
Looks like we’re just stuck with who we have,and none of them are starting caliber,and likely never will be.(Primarily speaking of the right side of the OL.) I sure hope they address this issue in the offseason.But for now,it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
Prince is really hard to watch, man.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:31 AM)Synric Wrote: PFF is wrong here Isaiah Prince allowed a mental sack early when he left the OLB Harold Landry an lane inside. 

Could be. It was a brutal night for anyone and everyone playing on that line tonight. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *46

38 is where we would have picked had we not traded back with the Pats.

Don’t matter. He should’ve never been selected there. He was a mid 3rd to early 4th round grade. Taking him over creed Humphrey and all the others that are and we’re better options is just another reason we can’t rely on the bengals to scour and draft offensive lineman. They need to just sink money this Off season in Jason Kelce or Brian Allen along with Morgan Moses or mekhi Becton. Enough is enough
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:53 AM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: Don’t matter. He should’ve never been selected there. He was a mid 3rd to early 4th round grade. Taking him over creed Humphrey and all the others that are and we’re better options is just another reason we can’t rely on the bengals to scour and draft offensive lineman. They need to just sink money this Off season in Jason Kelce or Brian Allen along with Morgan Moses or mekhi Becton. Enough is enough

No he wasn’t.

Reply/Quote
Im not sure what the coaching staff sees in Adeniji.  He has the absolute worst PFF grade of everyone on the O-line at 48.4 coming into this game.  He certainly did not improve that grade.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good news is we will have 60 million in cap space and 8 draft picks to improve it in 2022

Over $70 if we let Waynes go. 

But an amen to the suggestions for for hit routes, quick routes, and roll outs.   

I voted no but have changed my mind. Elevate XSF and start him.  Start Fred at RT. 
Reply/Quote