Poll: Does anyone get benched? If so what is the move?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Epic win! But do we make a switch on the OL?
(01-22-2022, 10:49 PM)phil413 Wrote: Does anyone....namely on the right side get benched in favor of a backup?

Can we get a new Oline coach by next week? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:22 PM)phil413 Wrote: I didn't see one but you have to get your hands on people to hold them. 

[Image: 200.gif?cid=790b7611f2vrsr9jrkpq37urq3zj...0.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with Au165 as usual but still want Carman at RG over the back pedaling of Adeniji and would like to see Fred
Johnson over Prince at RT. Pollack must see something I don't of course but damn these 2 got abused by Simmons
and Landry. Jonah got beat by Autry a lot but there is no solution there but hoping Jonah plays better.

Badazz DL front though and we got the win regardless. Pretty frickin' awesome man. Cool

I believe Jonah played RT some at Alabama. Just curious if they would consider getting a LT this offseason and moving Jonah to the RT. Seems like something they don't want to consider.
Reply/Quote
I voted no because we made it this far and that was a very good Dline we played. But I do wish we would've just stuck with Carman after he came back from his injury. I just feel like he needs to be playing if we expect him to develop sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote
The titans defense played a great game… especially their line.

The most exciting part is that Burrow will watch this film and learn from it… and he still won!

He will only get better because of games like this. Let that sink in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:17 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: . . . can give up an unofficial sack on a delay of game penalty AND another one on a Cincinnati time out. 9 official sacks, 11 unofficial.

Sorry to be a downer on an awesome day but that was a pathetic and disgusting display of O-line play. Even Jonah Williams looked like a Guard filling in at Tackle most of the time. Spain was pushed around all game . . . Simmons owned both of them and Jones also beat Spain on several plays. If Spain wants to come back to Cincinnati, he should be absolutely thrilled this wasn't his final game tape. Thanks to Simmons, this might have been Adeniji's worst game as a Bengal and Prince is, well . . . Prince. He didn't suck but he didn't stand out either. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see Hopkins give up a sack but I slso didn't see him open holes. BUT . . . many teams have had poor performances against this defense.

They get an extra day to heal and work things out. No defense left in the AFC is as tough as Tennessee so maybe this will make them focus on plays that don't rely so much on having to give Joe a lot of time unless they have extra protection or TEs and RBs do more than just handcheck a defender on their way out to their route. Since this O-line is so suspect, I feel that Mixon and CJ should block for a full second longer at least since they are usually 4th or 5th option on plays where they stay in to block.

Prince did suck.  Pretty sure he gave up at least one sack and several instances of pressure and tackle for loss.

Hopkins also gave up at least one sack.
Reply/Quote
I do think the guys next to you makes a major difference. It all cascades from the right side over. We need a C RG and RT. I think we are good on the left side if we can improve those 3 spots. I like some of our young guys potential but we should not go into next season relying on potential. Draft best OL in the first and grab 2 veteran linemen. Resign Spain to a few years deal to hold up the lg spot. Bring Reiff back to compete at RT or be a 4 spot relief backup assuming he doesn’t get or want a huge contract.
Reply/Quote
The Titans realized early the right side of the Bengals line was struggling. They proceeded to create 1vs1 oppurtonities on that side with the best defensive linemen. It was very easy to see what the Titans defense was doing but how bad the right side was especially Hakeem Adeniji the Bengals couldnt take advantage.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Who cares at this point. We all have known for some time this o line isn’t good and wasn’t going to get any better as the year goes on. Just have to find a way to win two more games! FO will improve the o line this offseason. For now it’s just keep finding ways to win. 2 more games left to win and then we can fix the line.
Reply/Quote
I can’t believe Carmen isn’t good enough to beat out Adeniji

Hopefully he gets his act together next season. Disappointing
Reply/Quote
Man. Y’all’s OL is awful, if you get even a half decent one you’ll be unstoppable

But it’s horrible
Reply/Quote
3rd string RG 2nd string RT on an already shallow Offensive Line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I believe Jonah played RT some at Alabama. Just curious if they would consider getting a LT this offseason and moving Jonah to the RT. Seems like something they don't want to consider.

A good LT is harder to find. Jonah is good enough at LT. We just don't have anyone good enough for RT.

Hopefully, we finish with a SB win and in free agency get a RT get that wants to sign with a winner.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:00 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Man. Y’all’s OL is awful, if you get even a half decent one you’ll be unstoppable

But it’s horrible

Good news is we will have 60 million in cap space and 8 draft picks to improve it in 2022
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I believe Jonah played RT some at Alabama. Just curious if they would consider getting a LT this offseason and moving Jonah to the RT. Seems like something they don't want to consider.
Hopefully because he's not great at left tackle.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:00 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Man. Y’all’s OL is awful, if you get even a half decent one you’ll be unstoppable

But it’s horrible

Don't worry. That will be focus #1, 1A, 1B and 1C in the offseason. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Morgan Moses is where I’m looking in FA.
Reply/Quote
Can we consolidate all these OL threads into one? We’re going to the AFC Championship game and some of us would like to be happy for like a day.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: Morgan Moses is where I’m looking in FA.

I'm thinking Brian Allen.

Reply/Quote
It is what it is. We have at most two games left in the season. And if we win those two games we are World Champions! Now is not the time to whinge about the OL.
Reply/Quote