Poll: Does anyone get benched? If so what is the move?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Epic win! But do we make a switch on the OL?
(01-23-2022, 02:07 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Over $70 if we let Waynes go...

Waynes still might be helpful to this defense.  I actually would like to see him get some more playing time rotating in these games and see how he does
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:07 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Over $70 if we let Waynes go. 

But an amen to the suggestions for for hit routes, quick routes, and roll outs.   

I voted no but have changed my mind. Elevate XSF and start him.  Start Fred at RT. 

We have zero idea what the salary cap will be it could be closer to 90m free cap. Which only means a little considering every will have a huge cap.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whatabout XFS or XSF or whatever it is?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think they need to give a good long look at Williams - Spain - Hopkins - Carman - Smith this week in practice.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No he wasn’t.

He has also played much more like a mid 3 early 4th round project than a early second rounder. Just my opinion as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
While Carman might be more likely to have mental mistakes, he might match up better against really powerful D-lineman which is probably what we are facing when this deep in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Y’all have no one? OL is absolutely horrible. That was an embarrassment.
Reply/Quote
Really think carman should get another chance. He can’t be any worse than what we have there. And he has shown he can be an absolute beast at times
Reply/Quote
This is what a stat sheet looks like when the line doesn’t hold lol
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t mind replacing her Adeniji with Carman or XSF. That was inexcusable. I’d replace Prince too, but I don’t think they have anyone that would play so much better at this point that it would negate the chemistry of replacing 2 offensive linemen.
Reply/Quote
What’s up with the Spain tweets?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Whatever else happens this year, the Bengals need to find some Munoz-Montoya clones fast.
Reply/Quote
I feel Adenaji is not a guard. He is built like a tackle and has the foot work of a tackle. In pass pro his first step is always a big kick step like he is on the edge. He is also 305lb. That matches up way better against a 260-275lb end. When you put a 305 tall guy up against a 330lb d tackle physics is not in your favor. Also Prince is another OSU crap lineman. Why move Adenaji inside when he showed promise as a rookie at tackle.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 09:27 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I feel Adenaji is not a guard. He is built like a tackle and has the foot work of a tackle. In pass pro his first step is always a big kick step like he is on the edge. He is also 305lb. That matches up way better against a 260-275lb end. When you put a 305 tall guy up against a 330lb d tackle physics is not in your favor. Also Prince is another OSU crap lineman. Why move Adenaji inside when he showed promise as a rookie at tackle.

I’m an OSU fan and saw plenty of Price and Prince, and was like wtf when they drafted Price.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:55 PM)Destro Wrote: Kill the slow developing plays. Get the playmakers the ball and let them cook.

This ...Just get the ball in the play makers hands they will do the rest. Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Evans. Get the ball out of Joes hands quicker when the other team has a dominate D line that's going to sack your QB 10 times.
Reply/Quote
That was the worst display of offensive line play I have ever seen by any team. Even the so called better players struggled.

There is no plan B for the left side of the line going forward nor is there a suitable plan B for Hopkins but the way that RG struggled why not try a substitute player a series or two and see if it improves. I understand working together is important for an offensive line but when things are as bad as they were I find it hard to believe Carmen, Smith, or Johnson would be any worse. (I only wanna see Johnson at tackle though) Heck maybe even alternate series in an attempt to keep the defense off balance. Play whoever looks best 4th quarter. Could even go as far as playing Carmen and Johnson together as a unit.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:59 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Whatabout XFS or XSF or whatever it is?

Thought he was released.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Throw slants and screens.

Or roll Burrow out.

Do something other than just have him drop back to get punched in the face with pressure right up the middle. 

I was surprised that, for the most part, ZT refused to do this.  

I am not complaining however as once again, ZT has coached the Bengals to a playoff victory.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we consolidate all these OL threads into one? We’re going to the AFC Championship game and some of us would like to be happy for like a day.

That would be nice!! 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 11:35 AM)M.W. Wrote: I was surprised that, for the most part, ZT refused to do this.  

I am not complaining however as once again, ZT has coached the Bengals to a playoff victory.

Pretty shocked they just didn't get Joe out on the edge a little bit more running away from the pressure. And also to throw a lot more quick hitters to the wide receivers. He did that early to get Chase involved and he alluded a tackle and went for 40 yards. Those plays 
automatically get you four or five yards by mistake and if a DB misses a tackle you see what can happen.
Reply/Quote