Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday
(01-02-2019, 12:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: Frank Reich in Indy never called the plays in Philly as their OC (Pederson did). It's not ideal but play calling is less important than game planning and the install. 

This.

It's uncommon for HCs to call plays. That's why they hire coordinators.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Good read. My favorite part...

'Such is the bass and volume of Eric Bieniemy’s spine-straightening voice that it reverberates hundreds of yards away, prompting a fascinating mixture of chuckles, stares and compliance from all who hear his cornucopia of sayings, many of which range from the mundane — “Finish!” or “Go get it!” or “Go score!” — to the, um, more animated.'

Not a hand clap and "let's go" in sight!  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I’ll I can think of is Chris Berman saying, Eric “Sleeping With” Bieniemy!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:17 PM)Joelist Wrote: Richard Riddick!

You keep forgetting the "B."

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 06:07 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Would you be happy with Bieniemy being Head Coach, Vance Joseph being Defensive Coordinator and Hue Jackson being Offensive Coordinator?

I'd say probably yes except try to swap in Jack Del Rio for DC instead of Vance Joseph. Vance only had one season as DC and it was a mediocre one. Del Rio is much more proven. Del Rio also has more experience (and success) at HC so he'd be a better assistant HC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They need to find a way to lure Wade Phillips away from the Rams. 

All that dude does is make great defenses. 

Reply/Quote
Another good read from August on Bienemy.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article216770500.html

Reply/Quote
Good read
Reply/Quote
I would give my left pinky toe for Bieneimy to be our HC
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be pretty darn happy with Bienemy as Head Coach. Even better, Bienemy as Head Coach and Vance Joseph as DC. That'd be some good stuff!

Edit: Del Rio as DC would be fine too.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 03:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and the interesting part about the two bolded......former KC OCs.  That's a pretty good track record, I'd be happy with giving Bienemy a shot.

More because of parity in league and so many coaches being fired, for example , Gases made playoffs first year then fired 3rd year
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 02:22 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I have a soft spot for him as well.

Same goes for Harold Green, Darnay Scott, Jeff Blake, James Brooks, John Copeland, Darryl Williams, ashley Ambrose, Jimmy Spencer, Sam Shade, Tim McGee, Tony Mcgee,  Artrell Hawkins, Steve Tovar, Reinard Wilson, Tim Krumrie, James Francis, Jim Breech, Lee Johnson etc.

I could go on a little more, but you get the point.

It was rough as a youngster but I absolutely loved watching my team play every Sunday.
Man you took me back that was a decent sqaud back then .I also think eric see that Natron Means and Eric B  chargers combo he was apart of before!!! Whodey!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 02:22 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I have a soft spot for him as well.

Same goes for Harold Green, Darnay Scott, Jeff Blake, James Brooks, John Copeland, Darryl Williams, ashley Ambrose, Jimmy Spencer, Sam Shade, Tim McGee, Tony Mcgee,  Artrell Hawkins, Steve Tovar, Reinard Wilson, Tim Krumrie, James Francis, Jim Breech, Lee Johnson etc.

I could go on a little more, but you get the point.

It was rough as a youngster but I absolutely loved watching my team play every Sunday.

Those teams were loaded with plenty of talent, and that's what makes those years so frustrating.  It was the coaching/management that was terrible, and it lead to a sub-standard product on the field.  Hopefully, Mike Brown has accumulated enough wisdom over the years to not make those same mistakes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 08:25 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I would give my left pinky toe for Bieneimy to be our HC

So...not really anything? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 08:25 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I would give my left pinky toe for Bieneimy to be our HC

(01-02-2019, 10:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So...not really anything? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giving up some balance for sure.

Worth it.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:51 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Unfortunately it also means Bieniemy has some familiarity with Mike Brown.

Not holding my breath on this one.  He's probably taking the interview to keep from sending the wrong impression to other owners.  

This can be good and bad.  At least he knows he has a job for the next 10 years.
Reply/Quote

Place your bets

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:53 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:
Place your bets

yikes, No to Hue or Joseph as HC.   
I'm going with Zac Taylor or Bieniemy maybe because I am in denial or just hopeful
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I really feel like the Bengals will shock us and land Bieniemy as the head coach and Deland McCullough will follow him here to become the OC with Vance Joseph taking over the defense.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 12:53 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:
Place your bets

Yuck. Pass on the top 2.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote