Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday
(01-02-2019, 11:29 AM)impactplaya Wrote: please dont let him leave without signing to a 4 yr deal.please

Really not trying to pick on you man, but you keep inserting feet in mouth; nobody can be signed when they're still part of another team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe it's just a passing phase, but I think 5 of the HCs in the playoffs right now were hired within the past few years and had no experience as HC.

Colts and Reich
Bears and Nagy
Eagles and Pederson

Chargers and Lynn
Rams and McVey

Then you have O'Brien or Garrett in the middle, and then the rest of the gang have been around for a long time and have made, or won the SB.

.....and the interesting part about the two bolded......former KC OCs.  That's a pretty good track record, I'd be happy with giving Bienemy a shot.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This is the guy I think we can all agree on wanting. He would be a great hire here, and he’s an up and comer just as we were told we would be looking for
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 03:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: From the article I read, he had a lot of say in the game plan, he just didn't actually call the plays on the field.

Also, IIRC from another article I read, Reid turned play calling duties over to Pederson and Nagy eventually, but he initially called the plays when they were there as well.  With the team rolling this season with things as they are, he wasn't gonna reinvent the wheel.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 03:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Really not trying to pick on you man, but you keep inserting feet in mouth; nobody can be signed when they're still part of another team.

They can still announce an agreement in place I thought?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The only question I'd have about him is how much of that powerful Kansas City offense is his doing and how much of it is Andy Reid's.

That is my concern as well.  Reid was calling a lot of those offense plays.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think Mike Brown snapped Hue back up from the Browns just to fire him, but time will tell.  Things have taken an even worse turn since Hue got here, so maybe Mike Brown cuts his losses and lets him go.

In all fairness, things have taken a worse turn for the Bengals due to injuries.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: That is my concern as well.  Reid was calling a lot of those offense plays.  

Playcalling is over rated, game planning and install is more important. Bieniemy can bring in a veteran OC to call the plays, the HC needs to help shape the overall philosophy and culture.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Playcalling is over rated, game planning and install is more important. 

This.
Reply/Quote
I dont prefer Bienemy. Yes he was the OC of a good offense, but how much of that was Andy Reid? Plus I really dont want anyone with previous ties to the organization.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 03:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Really not trying to pick on you man, but you keep inserting feet in mouth; nobody can be signed when they're still part of another team.

In all fairness, it is confusing.

We got permission to speak to him. I thought we can offer a head coaching job to an assistant (promotion) if we have permission to interview them. If he takes it, then the Bengals can allow him (their call) to stay through the playoffs.

Like I said confusing and maybe I am confusing college where they sign HC's all the time prior to bowl games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:41 PM)Au165 Wrote: Playcalling is over rated, game planning and install is more important. Bieniemy can bring in a veteran OC to call the plays, the HC needs to help shape the overall philosophy and culture.

I could get behind Bieniemy as HC and Taylor or Waldron as OC.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I like this guy or Zac Taylor as the next young innovative young HC.

Do it, do it.
Reply/Quote
Richard Riddick!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this guy or Zac Taylor as the next young innovative young HC.

Do it, do it.

I didn't like Taylor when he was at UC. The team was a wreck and his play calling was not that good. Of course Tuberville messed that team up bad.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Way back in the early 90's when I was living in Boulder I remember Bienemy got into some trouble with the police or campus security when he came back for a UC game and was acting a fool.  But that was a long long time ago, and it was obviously no big deal.

From 1993

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1993-09-27/sports/9309270294_1_bieniemy-arrest-report-lot-attendant

ERIC BIENIEMY, a San Diego Chargers running back and former Colorado football star, was arrested for investigation of harassing a parking lot attendant at the University of Miami-Colorado University game on Saturday. Less than an hour later, one of Bieniemy's party was arrested for investigation of hitting a witness during the incident, an arrest report said.

Bieniemy, 24, and Calvin Lucas Graham, 27, of Denver were taken to Boulder County Jail.

Bieniemy also was named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. He was released Saturday on   Bieniemy also was issued a ''permanent exclusion'' from the Colorado campus by an officer at the jail.  ''What that means is that he is not allowed to appear on campus,'' Colorado University police Sgt. John Kish said. ''He does not have a right to appeal.''

The arrest report outlined the incident: Bieniemy was with five friends in a parking lot when he allegedly approached a lot attendant from behind and grabbed her by the neck. The victim told police the contact was not painful, but it startled her. She said the man also made comments while holding her.

''She stated that the male who grabbed her said something about 'a bunch of black males all at once being her worst nightmare,' '' according to the report.

The victim told police the group of men then dropped their pants and began urinating nearby.

She then contacted another attendant, who began to follow the group.

That attendant radioed in to his office that the men were urinating in public and pouring beer on cars. A Colorado police officer stopped Bieniemy's group and the attendant who said she was harassed identified Bieniemy.

Later, the second attendant told police that the same group of men, minus Bieniemy, approached him as he sat in a parking management vehicle and hit him on the right side of the face while raising questions about what he had seen earlier. Two other parking attendants identified Graham as the man who struck the attendant.

Bieniemy had frequent brushes with the law while a student at the university. The most notable occurred July 4, 1990. Bieniemy pleaded no contest in an incident in which he was accused of shoving a firefighter who had responded to his mother's house in Denver to douse a garage fire. Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence. He also was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and assaulting a man at a Boulder nightclub, among other incidents.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:12 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I could get behind Bieniemy as HC and Taylor or Waldron as OC.  

(01-02-2019, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this guy or Zac Taylor as the next young innovative young HC.

Do it, do it.

Hell yes !

I'd be happy with either one as HC and OC
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They can still announce an agreement in place I thought?

Don't trust that, due to McDaniels and Hue (though the Hue sitch was a bit different than an actual agreement in place).

I know where you're coming from though and normally, I'd agree.

(01-02-2019, 04:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In all fairness, it is confusing.

We got permission to speak to him. I thought we can offer a head coaching job to an assistant (promotion) if we have permission to interview them. If he takes it, then the Bengals can allow him (their call) to stay through the playoffs.

Like I said confusing and maybe I am confusing college where they sign HC's all the time prior to bowl games.

... Hmm, I don't think a team competing for a SB, will allow their coaches to jump ship like that, which would put me in the, "indeed, College," camp.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised Mikey isn't planning on getting a copy of Madden 19 and having the AI be the coach. It would only cost him $60.
Reply/Quote
Would you be happy with Bieniemy being Head Coach, Vance Joseph being Defensive Coordinator and Hue Jackson being Offensive Coordinator?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote