Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Winston is back/Fisher Done for the Year?
Just saw him tweet he's happy to be back in Cindy #WhoDey. If true who is out?
Reply/Quote
hmmmm...maybe Westerman who has never been active If Winston is truly implying he is back on the team..he could be just teasing people. he is still NFLPA President so he could be here on Association business

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:23 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Just saw him tweet he's happy to be back in Cindy #WhoDey.  If true who is out?

Good god no.  He was barely a fill in last year.

We get rid of one OT in Smith because of Og/Fisher, then change our mind and bring him back to play him at RG but he sucks but not so bad that he can't be worse than our young OT's.

Are we now saying we cut another OT in Winston because of Og/Fisher then change our mind once the season is pretty much done and dusted.

Meanwhile of the 5 OT's we had options, it was frickin' Whitworth we chose to not keep.
Reply/Quote
Just saw a tweet from Whitworth saying "Great to be back in Cincy" and then I woke up and realized it was just a bad dream.
Reply/Quote
Guess these are the big Personnel changes Marvin was alluding to.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:48 AM)Fullrock Wrote:  FullrockJust saw a tweet from Whitworth saying "Great to be back in Cincy" and then I woke up and realized it was just a bad dream.

Hilarious

Does anyone know the latest on Fisher?   

If this is not NFLPA business then maybe its related to Fish's health - no one sounded particularly clear on what the problem was with him at JAX
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:50 AM)bengals73 Wrote: Guess these are the big Personnel changes Marvin was alluding to.  Ninja

Yep,

Dennis Roland, Eric Ghiaciuc, Will Clarke and Mario Alford's phones are currently ringing off the hook at the moment too

...Back to the Future with Marv!!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:54 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Yep,

Dennis Roland, Eric Ghiaciuc, Will Clarke and Mario Alford's phones are currently ringing off the hook at the moment too

...Back to the Future with Marv!!

Freddie Childress on a plane as we speak.
Reply/Quote
Lazy. We just don't have the scouting department to find a gem on someone else's practice squad. There are younger tackles with potential better than Winston out there. Too bad we don't have the resources to find them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:00 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Freddie Childress on eating a plane as we speak.

old skool! ......fixed it for you :andy:
Reply/Quote
Eric Winston is better than any tackle currently on this team, so if he's back it's an improvement..... little as that may be....
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 10:23 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Just saw him tweet he's happy to be back in Cindy #WhoDey.  If true who is out?

Why are you interested in Winston's sexual conquests? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Winston might be back as OT depth due to Fisher's hospitalization from illness last Sunday.
Wonder if he'll stay beyond just a week or two, and I wonder if a combo of Winston and Smith would really be any kind of improvement over Ogbuehi and Fisher.
Personally, I think there are too many guards on the roster between Hopkins, Westerman, Redmond, Boling, and Johnson. Redmond is who I'd probably drop but the team might drop Westerman given he's been inactive every game. IMO though Westerman was always a better prospect over Redmond, so I'd drop Redmond if I had to choose between the two.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yes it appears he's back:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Winston-returns-with-Fisher-sidelined-for-season/46152fee-e5f7-40be-85c4-aaad7f35bf72

yippie.........
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Eric Winston is better than any tackle currently on this team, so if he's back it's an improvement..... little as that may be....

That may be true but has he seriously improved his game in the past 8 weeks he's been on the sofa??

If not then Alexander should have not cut him in the first place....

..which when combined with cutting Andre Smith, saying your bringing him back as a guard , only then for him to fail that and goes back to being fill in OT for the guys you said were better options than him at OT in the first place shows how frickin' clueless PA is.

Now if Fisher is ill then he's probably the best option for right now.
Reply/Quote
Now it appears Fisher is done for the year. Fisher tapped out. No Mas!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes it appears he's back:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Winston-returns-with-Fisher-sidelined-for-season/46152fee-e5f7-40be-85c4-aaad7f35bf72

yippie.........

From the article:
After releasing him with the final cuts a few days before the season, they didn’t see another tackle they deemed worthy to sign, claim, or acquire in a trade.

Seriously? A 34-year-old tackle they cut in the preseason is the best available? I bet you they didn't even bother looking. They knew he was available (PA probably keeps tabs on his former olinemen) and because he's familiar with the system, they just signed him
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: From the article:
After releasing him with the final cuts a few days before the season, they didn’t see another tackle they deemed worthy to sign, claim, or acquire in a trade.

Seriously? A 34-year-old tackle they cut in the preseason is the best available? I bet you they didn't even bother looking. They knew he was available (PA probably keeps tabs on his former olinemen) and because he's familiar with the system, they just signed him

It's always the same old song and dance round here. Next we'll hear they're bringing Crocker back at safety !

It's all part of the commitment to winning ya know.......... Ninja

I'll bet Andy Dalton is  Dancing and  Clapping for joy !
Reply/Quote
Sending prayers to Jake Fisher. It must be serious to have sent him to IR for an illness.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's always the same old song and dance round here. Next we'll hear they're bringing Crocker back at safety !

It's all part of the commitment to winning ya know.......... Ninja

I'll bet Andy Dalton is  Dancing and  Clapping for joy !

Can you imagine if this one move somehow fixes the OL? I know it won't, but I have an insane imagination sometimes. Winston comes back, the line all of a sudden plays half way decent. We're in the hunt for the playoffs, but just miss out. Lewis decides to retire and Paul Alexander is made the next HC because of his work with guys like Winston. Okay, I gotta stop before I sink below depression into ... advanced depression. Mellow
Reply/Quote