Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erickson over Ross
(09-15-2018, 02:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ross was on IR most of last year, not a healthy scratch.

I would be more concerned if the offense wasn't scoring at 30+ ppg.  How the offense performs as a unit is way more important than how many touches and yards the #3 WR has.  Ross needs to earn Andy's trust in the base offense and there's no reason to throw out gadget plays to get him touches when the offense is scoring like it is 

Exactly, and i ask again why mess with the Offense and stall your #1 pick's growth when we are scoring 30+ points a game?

Makes no sense to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 06:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you may have accidentally left out Cody Core and Josh Malone

Malone never scared anyone deep. They had him run mostly streak routes, but only saw 17 targets. He only had 1 catch over 13 yards.

Cody Core could have had a great game against the Ravens and was open on some routes, but he hasn't stepped up in any way for the team. He also gave up on a few routes that game as well. I would have to go back and find the videos of where he would stop on routes and whatnot.
Plus, Core hasn't had a catch since the Bengals last game of the 2016 season.

Teams didn't respect Core or Malone beating them, because they didn't beat them. Sure, Malone had that one TD, but what else did he do?
If you're a defensive coordinator, do you trust your cornerback to be one on one vs Core/Malone?
What about one on one vs Ross?

Teams will go after Ross one on one, though. But look at how defenses play the Bengals now compared to 2017.

Don't forget, Malone was on the field just 6% less than Boyd in 2017. Boyd had 60 more snaps. Malone ranked 4th in game snaps in 2017.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: To be honest, I am surprised by the number of Ross fanboys there are. A deep ball in preseason goes a long way.

But I hope Ross plays like how a top 10 pick receiver should. He definitely hasn't shown any signs of that so far. So at this point he needs to compliment AJ, Boyd, and Eifert out there. Until then I personally would rather see the other guys we got to see what they have as well, then go from there.

That doesn't make sense.

You want him to compliment Green, Boyd, and Eifert. But also would rather see someone else out there to see what they got.

He's not going to compliment the offense being on the bench. No one gets better on the bench.

Dude doesn't even have 100 snaps so far this season and already has a TD.

Also, I'm going by what I saw from Washington, not preseason. He has shown the ability to get open in the NFL as well. Dropped ball. TD. Dalton missed him on a comeback. Dalton didn't trust a throw to the sideline with a defensive back
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 02:43 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That doesn't make sense.

You want him to compliment Green, Boyd, and Eifert. But also would rather see someone else out there to see what they got.

He's not going to compliment the offense being on the bench. No one gets better on the bench.

Dude doesn't even have 100 snaps so far this season and already has a TD.

Also, I'm going by what I saw from Washington, not preseason. He has shown the ability to get open in the NFL as well. Dropped ball. TD. Dalton missed him on a comeback. Dalton didn't trust a throw to the sideline with a defensive back

Yeah that sounded better in my head after I had a few drinks lol.

What I was meaning to say was that since he will be out there, he just needs to compliment AJ, Boyd, Eifert by being a decoy basically or whatever. Then I meant to say but until he starts showing something, anything, give Erickson or Malone some reps out there as well. Not bench Ross entirely, but mix in those other guys. And whoever helps the most gets the most reps, aka a competition.  

Anyways it's all good, I like many others hopes Ross succeeds. 

ps.. Going by Washington? The Redskins?? Ah nevermind, you mean his one good year in the Pac-12..gotcha
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 02:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Malone never scared anyone deep. They had him run mostly streak routes, but only saw 17 targets. He only had 1 catch over 13 yards.

Cody Core could have had a great game against the Ravens and was open on some routes, but he hasn't stepped up in any way for the team. He also gave up on a few routes that game as well. I would have to go back and find the videos of where he would stop on routes and whatnot.
Plus, Core hasn't had a catch since the Bengals last game of the 2016 season.

Teams didn't respect Core or Malone beating them, because they didn't beat them. Sure, Malone had that one TD, but what else did he do?
If you're a defensive coordinator, do you trust your cornerback to be one on one vs Core/Malone?
What about one on one vs Ross?

Teams will go after Ross one on one, though. But look at how defenses play the Bengals now compared to 2017.

Don't forget, Malone was on the field just 6% less than Boyd in 2017. Boyd had 60 more snaps. Malone ranked 4th in game snaps in 2017.

Who has Ross beat deep?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who has Ross beat deep?

In colllege he beat a lot of people deep. In college.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 04:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If I’m giving any WR a chance over Ross, it’s Malone. He’s better suited outside. Erickson should be the top backup slot behind Boyd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with anyone who has stated this about Malone in this thread.

If anyone gets a shot at subbing in for Ross it's him.

Actually Erickson should get some playtime too but Malone just fits the situation better IMO.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who has Ross beat deep?

I understand OP's point in getting others some snaps.

But I don't believe Ross should get his snaps reduced.

The first play of Bills game showed the following:
1) Ross can beat NFL CBs deep.
2) He can track the ball. Still waiting for Andy to hit someone deep in stride.
3) He can adjust, catch and cut TWICE to break free.

Ross showed everything you want in a wideout on that one play, other than break a tackle.

He is the fastest gazelle in football.

Sorry for saying this, but if you have ever played, coached or even been on a sideline, you don't sit a guy who scares the sh@t out of a defense.

Make him the 4th read if you don't trust him yet, but don't sit him.
Reply/Quote
Ross and Erickson are very different receivers so it not a case of one over the other in my book.

Ross is still a massive disappointment right now. The stats don't lie and he was a high rd 1 pick so expectations are rightfully higher.

I always thought the comp/ceiling for him was akin to Ted Ginn jr..another high rd 1 WR burner. Right now i'd snatch someone's arm off if they guaranteed ted ginn jr production from Ross - which is not saying a lot!
Reply/Quote
I compared Ross to Desean Jackson n size n style. But right now he’s playing like Janet Jackson.. ok that was corny , I’m bored waiting for the fight to start. Go GGG.
Reply/Quote
So maybe we add Josh Gordon then, as he just got released...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 08:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So maybe we add Josh Gordon then, as he just got released...

....or we could trade for Justin Blackmon

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....or we could trade for Justin Blackmon

Hmm

I like it ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....or we could trade for Justin Blackmon

You think McDonald's would take Ogbuehi for him?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: You think McDonald's would take Ogbuehi for him?

Might have to throw in a coupon book as well.
Reply/Quote
Actually Rae Carruth is scheduled for release next month. He might still have something left in the tank.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 08:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So maybe we add Josh Gordon then, as he just got released...

He will get picked up quickly. Looked good last week.

Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually Rae Carruth is scheduled for release next month. He might still have something left in the tank.

He can still kill a db, I bet.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote

No.Freaking.Thank.You.

That guy is a ticking time bomb waiting to be suspended. A huge headache the Bengals don't need right now.

EDIT: Ok, it looks like you might have been joking...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 02:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No.Freaking.Thank.You.

That guy is a ticking time bomb waiting to be suspended. A huge headache the Bengals don't need right now.

EDIT: Ok, it looks like you might have been joking...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/josh-gordon-landing-spots-8-nfl-teams-that-could-be-a-fit-for-browns-wr/ar-BBNnUxI?li=BBnba9I

It's not beyond the realm of possibilities... but I don't like the idea of cutting Tate
Reply/Quote