Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Europe and Muslim Immigrants
(03-08-2016, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing is more lazy then just blindly believeing everything that fits your own theory while ignoring reality.

MailOnline gained exclusive access to the gang's leadership and visited its secretive headquarters – which was packed with Nazi memorabilia and White Supremacist propaganda. 

Founded in September by ex-convict Mika Ranta, a self-confessed, violent neo-Nazi, Soldiers of Odin is one of an increasing number of anti-migrant groups springing up across the continent.  The group insists it has no connection to the Swedish football ‘firms’ who went on the rampage in Stockholm last week and says it has not been involved in violence. But according to police, it is just a matter of time. 

Almost all of them have criminal records, with several having served lengthy prison sentences.

When MailOnline later gained exclusive access to the group’s headquarters, a converted bar in a suburb of Kemi, western Finland, replica assault rifles and Nazi memorabilia were openly on display.  This included a dagger with a swastika on the hilt, an SS officer’s hat placed on top of a skull, and an Adolf Hitler T-shirt. The ceiling was covered in camouflage netting, and large Finnish flags covered the walls.  Posters and magazines for feared skinhead groups were found in the lavatory, and a gas mask and hangman’s noose were mounted above the bar. A number of assault rifles – which, according to the Odins, were replicas – were also arranged on shelves.

A number of members say they believed Nazism was ‘not all bad’, and had ‘good points’ like a focus on ‘protecting the national culture’. Some also share White Supremacist views.

Ranta himself, speaking exclusively to MailOnline over the telephone from Spain, is unapologetic about his radical views. ‘The white population will be replaced by other races if we can’t change the current situation,’ he says. ‘Every race has good and bad features and that’s why all of them are important. Some races may have lower average IQ than us. ‘White Supremacists are welcome to join the Odins,'

You lawyers and your fine print.

The emergence of a so called hate group goes to show you how far the effects of Islamic extremism reach.
(03-08-2016, 12:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Go back and watch the videos in that story when they interview the members.    It was pretty obvious where they stood.

Unlike you I do not just automatically 100% believe everything a person says.  I try to find other evidence.
(03-08-2016, 12:11 PM)Vlad Wrote: You lawyers and your fine print.

Does anyone know how to change the font size of cut-and-paste quotations?
(03-08-2016, 12:11 PM)Vlad Wrote: The emergence of a so called hate group goes to show you how far the effects of Islamic extremism reach.

I can not disagree with you.

But to me they are BOTH wrong.  I am not going to praise either one.
(03-08-2016, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can not disagree with you.

But to me they are BOTH wrong.  I am not going to praise either one.

By just mentioning one is peaceful and one is not. That's not praising either, it's just being factual. The reality is there shouldn't be a need for patrols by any citizen group. If the police/gov would be doing their jobs there would either patrol.
When I was in school ('69-'81) we had fish every Friday in the cafeteria.

As for what cafe's serve on their menu I don't see how the government can control that.

And, finally, I think the only thing that could unite 90% of the members here would be a protest against any anti-pork movement.
I have personal experience with this. My sister's husband was from Pakistan. He claimed to be a Muslim, but he was not religious in any way. However his parents were very strict Muslims and they came here to the U.S. to visit one time. We tried to respect their beliefs regarding pork, but it was only for a short time and they were our guests. I know his mother freaked out on the plane when a mna next to her was eating ham.

I think everyone should just be reasonable about this. People should try to respect the beliefs of Muslims when it is easy to do, but Muslims can not expect other cultures to change just to fit them. There are millions of Muslims in the U.S., and I have not heard of a single anti-pork protest by any of them.
(03-08-2016, 12:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: By just mentioning one is peaceful and one is not.    That's not praising either, it's just being factual.  

It is only "factual" if you believe every one-sided story you read on the internet even when it does not include any verifiable facts at all.
(03-08-2016, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Does anyone know how to change the font size of cut-and-paste quotations?

I have to click the "view source" button and remove the "size=...." and "/size" brackets.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2016, 12:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have to click the "view source" button and remove the "size=...." and "/size" brackets.

And Lucie appreciates that.
ThumbsUp
(03-08-2016, 12:47 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: And Lucie appreciates that.
ThumbsUp

I know.  Otherwise they have to avoid reading it altogether.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2016, 12:47 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: And Lucie appreciates that.
ThumbsUp

I do very much appreciate. Reading on the phone is rough at times with fonts going crazy.
(03-08-2016, 01:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I do very much appreciate.   Reading on the phone is rough at times with fonts going crazy.

Not to mention,  we are trying to be more sensitive around here.
The larger fonts come across as yelling and breaks our concentration. 
Ninja
(03-08-2016, 12:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have to click the "view source" button and remove the "size=...." and "/size" brackets.

This button should be available in those instances...  Clears the formatting  

[Image: 8IRSIck.png?1]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-08-2016, 01:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I do very much appreciate.   Reading on the phone is rough at times with fonts going crazy.

You are welcome.
(03-08-2016, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have personal experience with this.  My sister's husband was from Pakistan.  He claimed to be a Muslim, but he was not religious in any way.  However his parents were very strict Muslims and they came here to the U.S. to visit one time.  We tried to respect their beliefs regarding pork, but it was only for a short time and they were our guests.  I know his mother freaked out on the plane when a mna next to her was eating ham.

I think everyone should just be reasonable about this.  People should try to respect the beliefs of Muslims when it is easy to do, but Muslims can not expect other cultures to change just to fit them.  There are millions of Muslims in the U.S., and I have not heard of a single anti-pork protest by any of them.

Yet.... that is the missing word from here.

There were no protest in the UK either for a while either.  Germany never considered it.  However as the make up and demographic changes then more Muslims will start by requesting first, then demanding things change.

Otherwise you are correct.  You should try to be respectful, but that also means the other group (in this case Muslims) should be understanding that not everyone will follow their beliefs.  If you are a visitor that means you should be even more accommodating to things you might not agree with, since a good host is already trying to cater to you as it is.

That was one thing I learned in Kuwait about some Muslims though.  They expect us to be good guest, no matter how we are treated, however they expect us to be good host, no matter how they act.
(03-08-2016, 12:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: By just mentioning one is peaceful and one is not. That's not praising either, it's just being factual. The reality is there shouldn't be a need for patrols by any citizen group. If the police/gov would be doing their jobs there would either patrol.

They aren't peaceful, though. Intimidation is not peaceful. It's narrow to view peace as meaning they have not engaged in physical violence, but it is not peaceful to intimidate, threaten, or harass, which is what they have been reported to be doing.
(03-08-2016, 02:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They aren't peaceful, though. Intimidation is not peaceful. It's narrow to view peace as meaning they have not engaged in physical violence, but it is not peaceful to intimidate, threaten, or harass, which is what they have been reported to be doing.

This.

I predict violence from BOTH sides.
(03-08-2016, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

I predict violence from BOTH sides.

Make sure you come back and get your internet points like st nostradamus and his merry followers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-08-2016, 02:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They aren't peaceful, though. Intimidation is not peaceful. It's narrow to view peace as meaning they have not engaged in physical violence, but it is not peaceful to intimidate, threaten, or harass, which is what they have been reported to be doing.

Are they walking around giving threats? Or walking with weapons? So far it's just a group of Europeans walking around. I know what you are getting at here but I'm not sure you can paint with that brush at this point. Unless I have missed something in the news.