Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Europe and Muslim Immigrants
(03-08-2016, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

I predict violence from BOTH sides.

Well that's easy considering the Muslims have already started the violence whether it's the sharia patrols or consistent raping of woman and children. I'm shocked it's not gotten bloody on the European side yet. If anyone has cause it's the Europeans.
(03-08-2016, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have personal experience with this.  My sister's husband was from Pakistan.  He claimed to be a Muslim, but he was not religious in any way.  However his parents were very strict Muslims and they came here to the U.S. to visit one time.  We tried to respect their beliefs regarding pork, but it was only for a short time and they were our guests.  I know his mother freaked out on the plane when a mna next to her was eating ham.

I think everyone should just be reasonable about this.  People should try to respect the beliefs of Muslims when it is easy to do, but Muslims can not expect other cultures to change just to fit them.  There are millions of Muslims in the U.S., and I have not heard of a single anti-pork protest by any of them.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/22/minnesota-muslims-plead-150k-set-pork-free-food-gi/

Quote:Muslims in Minnesota facing poverty and tapping local food banks say they need a program that recognizes their pork-free needs.

Somali-Americans in one Minneapolis community have called for local government officials to create a no-pork zone via a special food shelf just for foods that conform to their faith, a local CBS News affiliate reported.

“It’s about human rights also — basic human rights to get the proper food and also healthy food,” Imam Hassan Mohamud told the affiliate.

Community activist Fartun Weli said even those food banks that try to help the Muslim community with special-labeled foods often get it wrong.

“Some food shelves are trying to meet the need, but some of them already got canned beans that have already been mixed with pork — and there is a literacy issue here,” Mr. Weli said, CBS reported.

A band of activists carting signs took their plea to the Hennepin County Commissioners office to ask local officials for help.

One local official estimated it would cost $150,000 to create the shelf, though the cost of maintaining it long-term hasn’t yet been figured, the affiliate reported.

The plan heads to the local commissioners’ meeting for discussion in November.
(03-08-2016, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think everyone should just be reasonable about this.  People should try to respect the beliefs of Muslims when it is easy to do, but Muslims can not expect other cultures to change just to fit them.  There are millions of Muslims in the U.S., and I have not heard of a single anti-pork protest by any of them.

And that's the issue. People get all worked up about what might happen, they get unsettled and lose common sense.

(03-08-2016, 03:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/22/minnesota-muslims-plead-150k-set-pork-free-food-gi/

What pork products are they getting at a food bank? Pork-n-beans? Pork (overall) isn't the cheapest meat, there shouldn't be much of it in a food bank. And the article doesn't make much sense. $150,000 for a shelf? Made of what, gold? Built by the Pentagon? $150,000 has to be some kind of typo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-08-2016, 03:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Are they walking around giving threats? Or walking with weapons? So far it's just a group of Europeans walking around. I know what you are getting at here but I'm not sure you can paint with that brush at this point. Unless I have missed something in the news.

IIRC, the video about the Soldiers of Odin had an immigrant mentioning being harassed. The word has gotten out in regards to what they are there for, and when it is known, and they hang around places that are owned/frequented by immigrants it can easily be seen as intimidation.
(03-08-2016, 03:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well that's easy considering the Muslims have already started the violence whether it's the sharia patrols or consistent raping of woman and children.    I'm shocked it's not gotten bloody on the European side yet.    If anyone has cause it's the Europeans.

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2016, 03:43 PM)Benton Wrote: What pork products are they getting at a food bank? Pork-n-beans? Pork (overall) isn't the cheapest meat, there shouldn't be much of it in a food bank. And the article doesn't make much sense. $150,000 for a shelf? Made of what, gold? Built by the Pentagon? $150,000 has to be some kind of typo.

You'd be surprised how much pork can be found in things.

As to the $150k, it could've just been shoddy journalism. It is the Washington Times after all. Ninja

Edit: I just saw the number came from the CBS affiliate. My best guess would the cost, which is the amount to get it up and running, also includes other things related to halal, and likely kosher, dietary needs and the items that would be going on it to start with.

True story, when I donate to the food bank I try to look for cost effective kosher/halal foods because I know there is a need for them.
(03-08-2016, 03:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/22/minnesota-muslims-plead-150k-set-pork-free-food-gi/

This is a perfect example of my position that I stated earlier.

If it was as simple as just removing all pork products from a certain area of the store or a specific store then they should try to do that.  The problem is that some people who do not read English and buy based on the label are ending up with products that contain pork.  If it is not too much trouble they should address this problem.  

But if it really something that would cause a lot of expense and trouble then the Muslims are going to have to find a way to help themselves.  Perhaps the local mosque could provide a "food screening" service.  You can never blame any group for asking for assistance with a problem.  But if they really start picketing or protesting I think that is out of line.

Too many people just dig in their heels and take a hard line stance without even looking at the facts of each situation.
(03-08-2016, 03:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: IIRC, the video about the Soldiers of Odin had an immigrant mentioning being harassed. The word has gotten out in regards to what they are there for, and when it is known, and they hang around places that are owned/frequented by immigrants it can easily be seen as intimidation.

Ok will go back and check that out. Thanks
(03-08-2016, 03:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rolleyes

Rolling eyes at the many children being raped by Muslims in Europe. Very nice.

Also it's funny you didn't highlight women.... Guess you have finally come to grips that the Muslims rape away.
(03-08-2016, 03:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You'd be surprised how much pork can be found in things.

As to the $150k, it could've just been shoddy journalism. It is the Washington Times after all. Ninja

To the bold, you could be right. After I hit "post"  I remembered the label reading I've been doing lately (my son decided he's going vegetarian unless it's something one of us hunts), and I've been surprised how many things might have meat in it, as they're produced at a factory that processes meats, nuts, etc.
(03-08-2016, 03:43 PM)Benton Wrote: And that's the issue. People get all worked up about what might happen, they get unsettled and lose common sense.

What pork products are they getting at a food bank? Pork-n-beans? Pork (overall) isn't the cheapest meat, there shouldn't be much of it in a food bank. And the article doesn't make much sense. $150,000 for a shelf? Made of what, gold? Built by the Pentagon? $150,000 has to be some kind of typo.

When people are needing a handout and looking for food. You take what's available. There shouldn't be a seperate shelf for special food.
(03-08-2016, 03:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Are they walking around giving threats?   Or walking with weapons?    So far it's just a group of Europeans walking around.      I know what you are getting at here but I'm not sure you can paint with that brush at this point.    Unless I have missed something in the news.

They remind me of a sketch by Mitchell and Webb. Basically, there's two Nazi soldiers in a WWII bunker of some kind and one looks at the other and starts talking about the skulls on their uniforms and dressing all in black and everything going on, so he asks "Are we the baddies?"

Whether Soldiers of Odin are being physical with anyone, they are implying that. Black outfits, sunglasses at night, choice of logos. And there's the name "soldiers" that should be some kind of a giveaway. They're working on intimidation. Whether provoked or by their action, it's going to eventually turn physical.

It's like the guys who walk around with guns on their hip like Wal-Mart is the wild west. I'm in favor of concealed carry, but those guys are openly challenging someone to do something and it's dumb.
(03-08-2016, 03:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When people are needing a handout and looking for food. You take what's available. There shouldn't be a seperate shelf for special food.

I'm a bit flabbergasted at this. I mean, most moderate religious scholars will tell you that undue hardships can cause situations in which your sins will be forgiven, but I can't blame anyone for trying to adhere to their faith, even in a situation like that. Especially when what we're talking about is something that by their religion would render them unclean and unable to enter Heaven. I get that Muslims are the favorite demographic to shit on for the non-PC crowd these days, but if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be trying to do the same thing.
(03-08-2016, 03:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When people are needing a handout and looking for food.  You take what's available.    There shouldn't be a seperate shelf for special food.

I fault no one for trying to adhere to their religion.
(03-08-2016, 04:06 PM)Benton Wrote: They remind me of a sketch by Mitchell and Webb. Basically, there's two Nazi soldiers in a WWII bunker of some kind and one looks at the other and starts talking about the skulls on their uniforms and dressing all in black and everything going on, so he asks "Are we the baddies?"

Whether Soldiers of Odin are being physical with anyone, they are implying that. Black outfits, sunglasses at night, choice of logos. And there's the name "soldiers" that should be some kind of a giveaway. They're working on intimidation. Whether provoked or by their action, it's going to eventually turn physical.

It's like the guys who walk around with guns on their hip like Wal-Mart is the wild west. I'm in favor of concealed carry, but those guys are openly challenging someone to do something and it's dumb.

So by this rationale the black panthers were intimidating voters in 2008 outside of poll stations standing there with clubs?

As far as I remember Soldiers of Odin didn't have any weapons. It was just a bunch of guys walking around..... Unless they were actively engaging Muslims I don't see an issue. Now I will admit we are not far away from it happening, but I have not seen it yet.... At this point they have been peaceful.
(03-08-2016, 04:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm a bit flabbergasted at this. I mean, most moderate religious scholars will tell you that undue hardships can cause situations in which your sins will be forgiven, but I can't blame anyone for trying to adhere to their faith, even in a situation like that. Especially when what we're talking about is something that by their religion would render them unclean and unable to enter Heaven. I get that Muslims are the favorite demographic to shit on for the non-PC crowd these days, but if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be trying to do the same thing.

(03-08-2016, 04:09 PM)Benton Wrote: I fault no one for trying to adhere to their religion.

I don't blame them either. But asking for a handout is over the top. They can get their nutritional needs met by other ways. They don't need special accomodations made by food banks. As others have said their local churches can sort them out some special food.
(03-08-2016, 03:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Rolling eyes at the many children being raped by Muslims in Europe.    Very nice.  

Also it's funny you didn't highlight women....  Guess you have finally come to grips that the Muslims rape away.

I'd love to engage you on how wong/obsessed you are on this topic but I fear it will cause the post to be shut down.

Please continue with whatever the theme of this thread is now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-08-2016, 04:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'd love to engage you on how wong/obsessed you are on this topic but I fear it will cause the post to be shut down.

Please continue with whatever the theme of this thread is now.

Feel free to create a new thread and we can discuss. This thread is on topic.
(03-08-2016, 04:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So by this rationale the black panthers were intimidating voters in 2008 outside of poll stations standing there with clubs?  

As far as I remember Soldiers of Odin didn't have any weapons.    It was just a bunch of guys walking around..... Unless they were actively engaging Muslims I don't see an issue.   Now I will admit we are not far away from it happening, but I have not seen it yet.... At this point they have been peaceful.

To the bold, yes, I think intimidation was their intent.

If that actually occurred, I don't know. If I remember right, no one filed a grievance. But whether anyone did or not, dressing up in all black/ leather and standing around with a billy club would have few other purposes than intimidation.
(03-08-2016, 04:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't blame them either.   But asking for a handout is over the top.   They can get their nutritional needs met by other ways.    They don't need special accomodations made by food banks.   As others have said their local churches can sort them out some special food.

No idea what Muslim churches do as far as charity or outreach, and it's irrelevant.

Helping people isn't restricted to helping people most like you. If you can help someone, help someone.