Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Europe and Muslim Immigrants
(03-13-2016, 06:51 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: This definitely puts some people in a tight spot.  In their quest to be tolerant who do they side with?  

Pretty easy. You side with the group being attacked for no reason, not the group throwing rocks and being intolerant. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Worst part about it is I wonder if they were going for the sexual assault before they learned they weren't as advertised.
(03-13-2016, 06:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Pretty easy. You side with the group being attacked for no reason, not the group throwing rocks and being intolerant. 

So do you think the migrants should be kicked out? 

Should Germany do more to vet the migrants to make sure they aren't bringing in intolerant migrants?
(03-13-2016, 06:59 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: So do you think the migrants should be kicked out? 

Should Germany do more to vet the migrants to make sure they aren't bringing in intolerant migrants?

anyone who breaks the laws in another country should probably be kicked out of that country. 

(03-13-2016, 09:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: anyone who breaks the laws in another country should probably be kicked out of that country. 

What if they claim that they just aren't used to the different culture?

That they just need the host country to be more tolerant until they adjust to the new laws?

Should they be kicked out then?
(03-13-2016, 09:36 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: What if they claim that they just aren't used to the different culture?

That they just need the host country to be more tolerant until they adjust to the new laws?

Should they be kicked out then?

Yes. The law is the law, especially in cases involving violence. Individual law breakers shouldn't be tolerate. 

Mind you, this is far different than saying all migrants should be vilified for the actions of a few. 

Of all the absolutely bass ackwards things I've seen on these boards and in general is the liberal supporting the Muslim while condemning the Christian has to be at the very top. Folks truly have no clue.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-13-2016, 09:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yes. The law is the law, especially in cases involving violence. Individual law breakers shouldn't be tolerate. 

Mind you, this is far different than saying all migrants should be vilified for the actions of a few. 

So now we know how tolerant you are of Muslims and even migrants.  You do have a limit to what you will tolerate.
(03-13-2016, 10:01 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: So now we know how tolerant you are of Muslims and even migrants.  You do have a limit to what you will tolerate.

I tolerate all religion until it compels people to infringe on the rights and wellbeing of others. 

I tolerate all immigrants until they become criminals. 

This has been consistent. 

(03-13-2016, 10:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I tolerate all religion until it compels people to infringe on the rights and wellbeing of others. 

You do know that Islam teaches that homosexuality is to be condemned and that those engaging in it should be killed, right?

So if you know that is a part of a person's religion, why would you invite them to live in a country that allows homosexuality?

Another thing, in Islamic countries there is no age restriction on marriage, so a 40 year old man can in all legality marry a 12 year old girl.  If you know that the people you are inviting to your country engage in this type of custom, then why would you do so?  Since when they arrive with their 12 year old wife, you would have a responsibility to break them up.

It is about compatibility.  If something isn't compatible the solution isn't to force it, but to prevent it.  
(03-13-2016, 10:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I tolerate all religion until it compels people to infringe on the rights and wellbeing of others. 

So you don't tolerate illegal immigrants?

(03-13-2016, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of all the absolutely bass ackwards things I've seen on these boards and in general is the liberal supporting the Muslim while condemning the Christian has to be at the very top. Folks truly have no clue.

Or conservatives claiming to be Christian and deciding that certain aspects of that don't apply to everyone?

Odd.  Sometimes people pick and choose their beliefs.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-13-2016, 10:12 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: You do know that Islam teaches that homosexuality is to be condemned and that those engaging in it should be killed, right?

The bible says it too. Obviously I would condemn anyone who used any holy text to justify murder. Fortunately, I haven't seen many Christians, Jews, or Muslims in the US who try to kill gay people for being gay.

Quote:So if you know that is a part of a person's religion, why would you invite them to live in a country that allows homosexuality?

Because I have learned that not everyone follows every part of their faith. 

Quote:Another thing, in Islamic countries there is no age restriction on marriage, so a 40 year old man can in all legality marry a 12 year old girl.  If you know that the people you are inviting to your country engage in this type of custom, then why would you do so?  

Because it is illegal here.

Quote:Since when they arrive with their 12 year old wife, you would have a responsibility to break them up.

The government would, yes. Child marriages should not be allowed in the US.

Quote:It is about compatibility.  If something isn't compatible the solution isn't to force it, but to prevent it.  

Yea, if anyone tries to break our laws, treat them how we treat anyone who does.

(03-13-2016, 10:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: Or conservatives claiming to be Christian and deciding that certain aspects of that don't apply to everyone?

Odd.  Sometimes people pick and choose their beliefs.

I have zero idea what you are trying to say here.

Can anyone help me out?

(03-13-2016, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you don't tolerate illegal immigrants?

I'm a bit inconsistent here. Should the authorities enforce immigration laws uniformly? Yes.

Would I be upset if illegal immigrants who lived productive lives in the US and paid taxes avoided detection? No. 

(03-13-2016, 10:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm a bit inconsistent here. Should the authorities enforce immigration laws uniformly? Yes.

Would I be upset if illegal immigrants who lived productive lives in the US and paid taxes avoided detection? No. 

Avoiding detection is one thing.... But if the authorities know they are breaking the law should they enforce that law?

(03-13-2016, 10:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you don't tolerate illegal immigrants?

(03-13-2016, 10:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm a bit inconsistent here. Should the authorities enforce immigration laws uniformly? Yes.

That was a quick turn around.  
(03-13-2016, 10:49 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: That was a quick turn around.  

Yea, I don't really see a family working hard, contributing to the economy, and paying taxes as criminals because they don't have documentation.

I should know better than to speak in absolutes.

(03-13-2016, 10:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The bible says it too. Obviously I would condemn anyone who used any holy text to justify murder. Fortunately, I haven't seen many Christians, Jews, or Muslims in the US who try to kill gay people for being gay.

Christians and Jews may not.  However if you get enough Muslims, that may change.  Muslims are very tolerant when they are not the majority, but when there are enough of them, then they become much less tolerant.  Just take a look at Europe and especially the UK.  As more Muslims come in the more they attempt to change the laws to follow Sharia.

Because I have learned that not everyone follows every part of their faith. 

In our country and many Western countries no.  However, you would be surprised at how many people from other countries follow their faith as closely as possible.  To them it is as natural as breathing.

Because it is illegal here.

I know it is illegal here, but that wasn't the point, the point was that it is legal where they are coming from.  They are legally married in whatever country they are coming from and are invited and encouraged to come to our country.  Then when they get here, we treat them like criminals, that isn't very tolerant.

The government would, yes. Child marriages should not be allowed in the US.

They aren't getting married in the US, they are getting married in their home countries and due to the encouragement to migrate come to our country already married.  Then people act all shocked as if they have never heard of this and want to treat the man as a criminal, when he did nothing wrong per his previous culture and laws.

Yea, if anyone tries to break our laws, treat them how we treat anyone who does.

Again, their culture and beliefs are so much more different than our own, when you bring in such a difference of cultures you have conflict and strife.  It has to be organic and natural, not forced.

Bottom line, you can't have it both ways here.  If you know that the person is not compatible with your beliefs you don't invite them into your country.  You tolerate them in their own country, but you don't give them access to your country.
(03-13-2016, 11:01 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Bottom line, you can't have it both ways here.  If you know that the person is not compatible with your beliefs you don't invite them into your country.  You tolerate them in their own country, but you don't give them access to your country.

Well fortunately everyone seems compatible so far. I know we've had this worry with many groups over the last 200 years, but things seem to be going well.