Shucks, I don't know.
20.00%
7 20.00%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Faith
(09-18-2015, 12:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who ever said God did not create cancer? 

(09-16-2015, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How do you know the cancer wasn't the result of exposure to made man products?

(09-16-2015, 07:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Like the sun?  The most common cause of the most common type of cancer in the US? 

Previously, you cited the complexity of humans as evidence of intelligent design.  If we assume your evidence is true, man made products can't cause cancer in an divinely designed process unless:

1) Cancer is designed into the system intentionally.

2) Cancer is a design flaw, e.g. a mistake.  However, gods don't make mistakes.  Therefore, man made products cannot cause cancer unless the system was designed to operate that way. 

(09-16-2015, 07:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...or Cigarette smoking. Man can absolutely kill each other; it's one of the first stories of the Old Testament. 

Some folks choose to blame God and some folks choose to thank God. The non-believer really has no say; as they cannot give an opinion on something they do not believe in. They can just simply say "I don't believe". 
(09-18-2015, 12:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I don't doubt it's simple. It just makes no sense. 

There are two types of people in this world.  Those who have the capacity to understand what I wrote and those that don't.
(09-18-2015, 12:48 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I linked a lot of posts but didn't answer anything

I must ask again: Where did I say God did not create cancer?

Are you perhaps confusing the assertion that man created the environment/products to make cancer more prevalent to man created cancer?

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-18-2015, 12:48 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There are two types of people in this world.  Those who have the capacity to understand what I wrote and those that don't.

It is sad that you think there are only two types of people in the world. 

(09-18-2015, 12:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I must ask again: Where did I say God did not create cancer?

Are you perhaps confusing the assertion that man created the environment/products to make cancer more prevalent to man created cancer?

Can you run that last sentence by me again?
(09-18-2015, 01:02 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Can you run that last sentence by me again?

I could type it slower, but I don't think it would help.

(09-18-2015, 12:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is sad that you think there are only two types of people in the world. 

In relation to that sentence, you either understand it or you don't.  It's sad you persistently and intentionally misconstrue other's words with one liners in a feeble attempt to appear cute, for lack of a better word.  It's like you're trying to out-Denny Denny.  Only an idiot would read my comment and believe I think there are two and only two types of people in the world.  Are you an idiot?  And then you double downed by claiming it was sad I think that.
(09-18-2015, 01:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I could type it slower, but I don't think it would help.

Oh, I get it now.  Man created cancer = man made cancer.  At least I think that is what you meant.  If not, I don't give a shit how fast or slow you type it, just clean it up.

Last time I checked, god created the sun.  Not man.

After Beaker's post, you again asserted cancer was a man made problem, not a design problem.
(09-18-2015, 01:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oh, I get it now.  Man created cancer = man made cancer.  At least I think that is what you meant.  If not, I don't give a shit how fast or slow you type it, just clean it up.

Last time I checked, god created the sun.  Not man.

After Beaker's post, you again asserted cancer was a man made problem, not a design problem.

True.

But God didn't make anyone use hairspray that thinned out the ozone layer or spend hours on the beach.
(09-18-2015, 01:40 AM)Benton Wrote: True.

But God didn't make anyone use hairspray that thinned out the ozone layer or spend hours on the beach.

The sun is the most common cause of the most common cancer in the US.  You don't have to spend hours on the beach to get melanoma.  A single blistering sunburn increases your chance of developing melanoma by 50%.  I'm pretty sure bfine is a climate change denier unless a thinning ozone layer helps him blame man for God's design.  Everything you listed is something that can affect the design.  They can affect the design only by design.  They wouldn't have any affect upon the design unless it was designed that way.  
(09-18-2015, 01:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The sun is the most common cause of the most common cancer in the US.  You don't have to spend hours on the beach to get melanoma.  A single blistering sunburn increases your chance of developing melanoma by 50%.  I'm pretty sure bfine is a climate change denier unless a thinning ozone layer helps him blame man for God's design.  Everything you listed is something that can affect the design.  They can affect the design only by design.  They wouldn't have any affect upon the design unless it was designed that way.  

climate change is b/s'ers denying that there was a world here 1,000,000 years prior to our existence. i don't deny god but trying to say the ice age never happened before is ...... smfh......
(09-18-2015, 01:59 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The sun is the most common cause of the most common cancer in the US.  You don't have to spend hours on the beach to get melanoma.  A single blistering sunburn increases your chance of developing melanoma by 50%.  I'm pretty sure bfine is a climate change denier unless a thinning ozone layer helps him blame man for God's design.  Everything you listed is something that can affect the design.  They can affect the design only by design.  They wouldn't have any affect upon the design unless it was designed that way.  

To be fair, since we're discussing God's plan, he did throw Satan and the free will of man into the mix.
That free will can affect more than the person making the decision.
God does not plan out the decisions of free will, as it then would not be such.
Not really arguing for anyone's side here, but I think this factor needs to be injected,  for proper perspective.
(09-18-2015, 07:31 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: To be fair, since we're discussing God's plan, he did throw Satan and the free will of man into the mix.
That free will can affect more than the person making the decision.
God does not plan out the decisions of free will, as it then would not be such.
Not really arguing for anyone's side here, but I think this factor needs to be injected,  for proper perspective.

Psalm 139:4

Quote:Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.

Religious people want you to believe this is an all, knowing, all powerful god who knows everything about everything ever...but has no idea if the person he created will drink too much this week.

Because "free will".

Why do bad things happen to good people?  God did not forsake you!  "Free will".  YOU did something to make this happen and god is helpless but to watch.

Unless you pray!

Then if something bad happens?  It was part of god's plan all along.

Get it?

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-18-2015, 07:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Psalm 139:4

Religious people want you to believe this is an all, knowing, all powerful god who knows everything about everything ever...but has no idea if the person he created will drink too much this week.

Because "free will".

Why do bad things happen to good people?  God did not forsake you!  "Free will".  YOU did something to make this happen and god is helpless but to watch.

Unless you pray!

Then if something bad happens?  It was part of god's plan all along.

Get it?

Cool

David was describing his utter allegiance to God and professed that God would already know what his actions and words would be, as he would never stray from God's direction.
(09-18-2015, 08:27 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: David was describing his utter allegiance to God and professed that God would already know what his actions and words would be, as he would never stray from God's direction.

So God knew what he would do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-18-2015, 09:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: So God knew what he would do.

In this context, David thinks so, provided he does not stray.
This is a one sided profession of faith & reverence.
(09-18-2015, 12:26 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No.  I didn't write a single thing about the non-existence of god.  On the one hand, you claim god created "everything."  On the other, you claim god isn't responsible for cancer.  "Everything" includes cancer.  God created cancer.  If man can influence cancer, it is because god created it so.  Enough with this "man made cancer" crap.

I'm not sure how an "all-knowing", "all-powerful creator" is the cause for everything and yet isn't responsible for everything.

How can humans act in a way that this "all-knowing" god wasn't already aware of before he decided to even create them?

Consequently, anything they do must be what he intended for them to do, otherwise he wouldn't have created them in the first place. 

How could you create something, knowing precisely what your creation would do, and then pretend you aren't responsible for what it does?  

How exactly does that logic work?    
(09-18-2015, 12:29 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I'm not sure how an "all-knowing", "all-powerful creator" is the cause for everything and yet isn't responsible for everything.

How can humans act in a way that this "all-knowing" god wasn't already aware of before he decided to even create them?

Consequently, anything they do must be what he intended for them to do, otherwise he wouldn't have created them in the first place. 

How could you create something, knowing precisely what your creation would do, and then pretend you aren't responsible for what it does?  

How exactly does that logic work?    

If you are the supreme being, who do you have to answer to and be held responsible by ?
(09-18-2015, 01:11 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If you are the supreme being,  who do you have to answer to and be held responsible by ?

Regardless of whether or not someone exists to hold him accountable, by definition he would still be responsible as the root cause.  

Couple that with the fact he "caused" it with full knowledge of the consequences, how can one pretend he isn't responsible?  
(09-18-2015, 01:25 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Regardless of whether or not someone exists to hold him accountable, by definition he would still be responsible as the root cause.  

Couple that with the fact he "caused" it with full knowledge of the consequences, how can one pretend he isn't responsible?  

He's "responsible" for absolutely everything.
Has he told you personally that he isn't ?