Shucks, I don't know.
20.00%
7 20.00%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Faith
(08-28-2015, 11:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually the part about him being mad that some go against his design makes sense.

He has got to be looking down thinking.."Are you F...ing kidding me? I thought I made it pretty evident".

But he would have been the one to design it to be pleasurable. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-28-2015, 11:52 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: But he would have been the one to design it to be pleasurable. 

TMI.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-28-2015, 11:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It really does sound crazy when you think about it, but it's not nearly as crazy as suggesting some dude living in the sky just made everything and then gets angry if we have butt sex. 

[Image: BJFZ7QQCMAEOssi.jpg]

[Image: george-carlin-1.png]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
George Carlin was a fellow libertarian. Great guy. Best comedian of all time, IMO.
(08-28-2015, 03:37 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You are going to have to go further than that given seeing is a form of observation which is a part of proof....

Do you have proof that you love your wife?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-28-2015, 04:21 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't think you know what the actual definition of "proof" is.

At least some Christians understand how the whole faith thing works.

I know exactly what "proof" means. Apparently, you think it only means i need to be able to show you a physical manifestation.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-28-2015, 11:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: TMI.

If sex isn't pleasurable for you, I'd recommend seeing a doctor.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-29-2015, 12:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Do you have proof that you love your wife?

I do, but we've kept the video hidden from SCS
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-28-2015, 02:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Faith isn't believing without proof. It's believing without seeing.

Full Definition of FAITH

a :  allegiance to duty or a person :  loyalty

(1) :  fidelity to one's promises (2) :  sincerity of intentions

(1) :  belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) :  belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion

(1) :  firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) :  complete trust

:  something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially :  a system of religious beliefs faith
>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith
(08-28-2015, 11:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wish I was "smart" enough to believe a fish learned to breath air, walk, climb trees, and turn into man.

I didn't say I was "smart" I said I had faith that I am "smart."  The fact that you have faith believing those things makes someone not smart just shows our differing perspectives (as well as your penchant to get a bit defensive).
(08-29-2015, 12:26 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I know exactly what "proof" means. Apparently, you think it only means i need to be able to show you a physical manifestation.

You have zero proof other than "because I have faith that God is real". There's literally zero actual PROOF that you can provide that your God exists.

I'm sorry, like I said before, I couldn't care less if you're a Christian, just stop playing stupid with me here. You can't prove it, and as of this exact moment, nobody else that we're aware of can either.

I guess not everybody can understand the actual definitions of faith and proof.
(08-29-2015, 01:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Full Definition of FAITH

a :  allegiance to duty or a person :  loyalty

(1) :  fidelity to one's promises (2) :  sincerity of intentions

(1) :  belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) :  belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion

(1) :  firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) :  complete trust

:  something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially :  a system of religious beliefs faith
>

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faith

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

(08-29-2015, 01:46 AM)djs7685 Wrote: You have zero proof other than "because I have faith that God is real". There's literally zero actual PROOF that you can provide that your God exists.

I'm sorry, like I said before, I couldn't care less if you're a Christian, just stop playing stupid with me here. You can't prove it, and as of this exact moment, nobody else that we're aware of can either.

I guess not everybody can understand the actual definitions of faith and proof.

At least you understand your limitations.

I have "zero" ability to show you visual proof of God. I've never said i could. I don't believe in anything that i don't have some personal proof of. 

Once again, i've never stated i can prove to YOU, God exists. AYE, me, Rick, have experienced proof that God does exist. 

(08-29-2015, 12:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Do you have proof that you love your wife?

Of course...the evidence is seen by the things I do....now answer my post without asking a question.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

I believe we are all part of the same whole.....that everything we are and everything we see, comes from the same place. I don't believe at all in a god as a single, judgemental being. That was simply a construct of the human mind first in an effort to explain things we didnt understand, second, eventually to control people via fear. I do believe there is something beyond us. And I do believe that we all return to that something after we are done here in the physical world. I envision it as more of a conciousness or energy field for lack of a better description.....not a single sentient supernatural being. That may surprise some on here who know me. But my problem is more with the belief in a religious construct, not in the belief of something after death. I strongly believe religion has separated us, and given us reasons to be divided. When in fact we should realize we are all part of the same whole, and in hurting others, you are really hurting yourself since they are a part of you on some level.
(08-29-2015, 01:50 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Let's try to use a more objective source for an operational definition, shall we?
(08-29-2015, 01:22 PM)Beaker Wrote: I believe we are all part of the same whole.....that everything we are and everything we see, comes from the same place. I don't believe at all in a god as a single, judgemental being. That was simply a construct of the human mind first in an effort to explain things we didnt understand, second, eventually to control people via fear. I do believe there is something beyond us. And I do believe that we all return to that something after we are done here in the physical world. I envision it as more of a conciousness or energy field for lack of a better description.....not a single sentient supernatural being. That may surprise some on here who know me. But my problem is more with the belief in a religious construct, not in the belief of something after death. I strongly believe religion has separated us, and given us reasons to be divided. When in fact we should realize we are all part of the same whole, and in hurting others, you are really hurting yourself since they are a part of you on some level.

I'm a Christian, but I'm on board with this.
I don't think any religion has it totally figured out.
I actually think we all worship the same God/Entity, but are vain enough to taylor our perception to our own selfish desires.
We need to stop focusing on differences and switch to " The Bill and Ted Religion".
Just be excellent to each other !
Wink
(08-29-2015, 03:24 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm a Christian,  but I'm on board with this.
I don't think any religion has it totally figured out.
I actually think we all worship the same God/Entity,  but are vain enough to taylor our perception to our own selfish desires.
We need to stop focusing on differences and switch to  " The Bill and Ted Religion".
Just be excellent to each other !
Wink

The problem is that you can't sell a religion about "being ok to each other" on a weekly basis any more than you can write a diet book that is one page long and says "Eat better and exercise more.  THE END."  There HAS to be some angle you have that others don't, some inside info, secret track to heaven and salvation, or some point of differentiation to draw people in.

People want to go to the church that has the ONE TRUE ANSWER as much as they want the diet that LET'S  YOU EAT ALL YOU WANT AND TOTALLY STILL LOSE WEIGHT!!!!
(08-29-2015, 01:46 AM)djs7685 Wrote: You have zero proof other than "because I have faith that God is real". There's literally zero actual PROOF that you can provide that your God exists.

Wrong. I have plenty of proof of God other than my faith. I can list it all if you want, but like I told JC (that's Johnny Cupcakes, not the other JC  Wink), you would find fault with it, I'm sure.

So I have proof of God's existence. Proof enough for me. But it's not irrefutable evidence, it's not conclusive or comprehensive evidence, but it's still evidence nonetheless. I just recognize that it's not proof enough for others because it's mainly experiential evidence.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-29-2015, 03:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Wrong. I have plenty of proof of God other than my faith. I can list it all if you want, but like I told JC (that's Johnny Cupcakes, not the other JC  Wink), you would find fault with it, I'm sure.

So I have proof of God's existence. Proof enough for me. But it's not irrefutable evidence, it's not conclusive or comprehensive evidence, but it's still evidence nonetheless. I just recognize that it's not proof enough for others because it's mainly experiential evidence.

My short answer is that I'm downright jealous god or gods never reveal themselves to me in a way I find suitable, but the argument to that is that they may have and I simply attributed it to something else.  I have a friend who always believed in ghosts (not religious in any sense) and he swears his father's spirit appears to him on a semi-regular basis.  Feh, all my ol' man does is sit on the shelf in his stupid ashy form...the lazy bastard.  To each his own.