Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy football forum
(10-28-2016, 12:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Or Julius.  Maybe A-rob

Kevin freakin Walters!!!! Lol 

Bortles with the ugliest 32 pt game I've ever seen.... But I'll take it all day every day
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:32 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Kevin freakin Walters!!!! Lol 

Bortles with the ugliest 32 pt game I've ever seen.... But I'll take it all day every day

Yep that'll do!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:34 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep that'll do!

It was Bryan Walters, I thought that couldn't be rights. I could swear the announcer said Kevin, but I'm not going to go back and watch
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 08:36 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: As I've said before I'd just drop tucker, yes he is the 2nd best kicker but they are too unpredictable from week to week to justify carrying two.  Go look at Hopkins the Washington kicker.  He was by far #1 through weeks 3&4 but has fallen all the way to 5.  

I wouldn't want to risk losing hunter Henry over a flippen kicker no one would pick up

Somebody else got Henry, so my trying to go back and forth from Miller to Henry failed.....I still have Miller who is good. .....I'm positive somebody would have grabbed Tucker and I would have been stuck with Nugent. ....As a Bengals Fan I'm rooting for Nugent, but after this bye week week I want him gone and Tucker starting rest of season....I can grab a decent TE still......If Henry not on concussion watch, this never comes up.  On top of 4 bye week players I also had Henry on concussion list...I had to make moves to just field a team this week. .....THis was the bad one though. I won't have any more weeks of this many bye week players.  Maybe injuries, but not as many bye week players......THe best TE for me to pick up is Pitta again....I'll miss Henry but I could live with Miller and Pitta and maybe somebody catches fire like Henry did.....I don't mind starting Miller but losing Tucker would have hurt. I couldn't find a kicker like him .  Nugent just a one week fill in and then cut. ....If Nugent makes a few in London, it may be what I need to win this week.  Much like The Bengals, I need a win THIS WEEK. .....I started 0-3 because my first time and the draft was so fast, I could not always find players on my draft board list. I have picked up good players. Have really improved at RB...Henry was a big plus at TE, but.....Now at 3-3, but can not afford to take a loss with bye week players as I see others do...I want to get to 4-3.....Just as Bengals need to get to 4-4......This league started a week late......I'm also up against a team named Steeler Nation and I'll be darned if I spoon feed a Steeler Fan a win by starting 4 or 5 guys not even playing Sunday. I want THE PUDDY TATS to beat STEELER NATION......Puddy Tats starting Dalton, Hill and Nugent and London is a big game in beating Steeler Nation for me. Marshall of Jets banged up, but him I will not drop. Bye weeks cause this not to be the team I want, but the team I have. I'm counting on Bengals huge. The only bench player for me not on bye week is Wilson, but Dalton playing better. If Dalton has a big game and my Seattle defense has a big game, I'm in the running with a lot of points right there. That game in London, I'll be up early. Bengals can move to 4-4 and Puddy Tats can move to 4-3.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 05:38 AM)kevin Wrote: Somebody else got Henry, so my trying to go back and forth from Miller to Henry failed.....I still have Miller who is good. .....I'm positive somebody would have grabbed Tucker and I would have been stuck with Nugent. ....As a Bengals Fan I'm rooting for Nugent, but after this bye week week I want him gone and Tucker starting rest of season....I can grab a decent TE still......If Henry not on concussion watch, this never comes up.  On top of 4 bye week players I also had Henry on concussion list...I had to make moves to just field a team this week. .....THis was the bad one though. I won't have any more weeks of this many bye week players.  Maybe injuries, but not as many bye week players......THe best TE for me to pick up is Pitta again....I'll miss Henry but I could live with Miller and Pitta and maybe somebody catches fire like Henry did.....I don't mind starting Miller but losing Tucker would have hurt. I couldn't find a kicker like him .  Nugent just a one week fill in and then cut. ....If Nugent makes a few in London, it may be what I need to win this week.  Much like The Bengals, I need a win THIS WEEK. .....I started 0-3 because my first time and the draft was so fast, I could not always find players on my draft board list. I have picked up good players. Have really improved at RB...Henry was a big plus at TE, but.....Now at 3-3, but can not afford to take a loss with bye week players as I see others do...I want to get to 4-3.....Just as Bengals need to get to 4-4......This league started a week late......I'm also up against a team named Steeler Nation and I'll be darned if I spoon feed a Steeler Fan a win by starting 4 or 5 guys not even playing Sunday.  I want THE PUDDY TATS to beat STEELER NATION......Puddy Tats starting Dalton, Hill and Nugent and London is a big game in beating Steeler Nation for me.  Marshall of Jets banged up, but him I will not drop.  Bye weeks cause this not to be the team I want, but the team I have.  I'm counting on Bengals huge. The only bench player for me not on bye week is Wilson, but Dalton playing better.  If Dalton has a big game and my Seattle defense has a big game, I'm in the running with a lot of points right there.   That game in London, I'll be up early. Bengals can move to 4-4 and Puddy Tats can move to 4-3.

Hindsight is 20/20 but Henry is a top 6 TE the rest of the way.  If you learn one thing this year it is a kicker is a kicker is a kicker.  Same goes for defense when you draft ingot lucky with Minnesota but look at people who drafted panthers d this year.   Anyway... Next time drop the kicker 

Best of luck to you going forward
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Or Julius.  Maybe A-rob
Ha... Allen Robinson scoring a TD? That's funny. It wouldn't matter if he did. He's finally on my bench. It would only serve to piss me off.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 08:20 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20 but Henry is a top 6 TE the rest of the way.  If you learn one thing this year it is a kicker is a kicker is a kicker.  Same goes for defense when you draft ingot lucky with Minnesota but look at people who drafted panthers d this year.   Anyway... Next time drop the kicker 

Best of luck to you going forward
Yeah. I'd have dropped my K. If I wanted to keep him that bad, I'd have played without one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 09:28 AM)jason Wrote: Ha... Allen Robinson scoring a TD? That's funny. It wouldn't matter if he did. He's finally on my bench. It would only serve to piss me off.

Start Robinson next week.  He will bounce back, with 15 targets he will start producing.  

With that said, last night might have been my last Bortles start.  I'm playing dak next week against Browns and then will play matchups. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 09:49 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Start Robinson next week.  He will bounce back, with 15 targets he will start producing.  

With that said, last night might have been my last Bortles start.  I'm playing dak next week against Browns and then will play matchups. 
I almost have to (AJ Green has a bye). Bortles is a big problem for him, but he's playing poorly himself. They were awful last night. I was stoked to get him in the 2nd round.... F'n bum! I think he'd look good in orange and black stripes though.

Like you, I'm still ok though. I'm in second, and have some sorry teams coming up.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 05:38 AM)kevin Wrote: Somebody else got Henry, so my trying to go back and forth from Miller to Henry failed.....I still have Miller who is good. .....I'm positive somebody would have grabbed Tucker and I would have been stuck with Nugent. ....As a Bengals Fan I'm rooting for Nugent, but after this bye week week I want him gone and Tucker starting rest of season....I can grab a decent TE still......If Henry not on concussion watch, this never comes up.  On top of 4 bye week players I also had Henry on concussion list...I had to make moves to just field a team this week. .....THis was the bad one though. I won't have any more weeks of this many bye week players.  Maybe injuries, but not as many bye week players......THe best TE for me to pick up is Pitta again....I'll miss Henry but I could live with Miller and Pitta and maybe somebody catches fire like Henry did.....I don't mind starting Miller but losing Tucker would have hurt. I couldn't find a kicker like him .  Nugent just a one week fill in and then cut. ....If Nugent makes a few in London, it may be what I need to win this week.  Much like The Bengals, I need a win THIS WEEK. .....I started 0-3 because my first time and the draft was so fast, I could not always find players on my draft board list. I have picked up good players. Have really improved at RB...Henry was a big plus at TE, but.....Now at 3-3, but can not afford to take a loss with bye week players as I see others do...I want to get to 4-3.....Just as Bengals need to get to 4-4......This league started a week late......I'm also up against a team named Steeler Nation and I'll be darned if I spoon feed a Steeler Fan a win by starting 4 or 5 guys not even playing Sunday.  I want THE PUDDY TATS to beat STEELER NATION......Puddy Tats starting Dalton, Hill and Nugent and London is a big game in beating Steeler Nation for me.  Marshall of Jets banged up, but him I will not drop.  Bye weeks cause this not to be the team I want, but the team I have.  I'm counting on Bengals huge. The only bench player for me not on bye week is Wilson, but Dalton playing better.  If Dalton has a big game and my Seattle defense has a big game, I'm in the running with a lot of points right there.   That game in London, I'll be up early. Bengals can move to 4-4 and Puddy Tats can move to 4-3.

Never drop a decent player option to pick up a kicker for a bye. If you have dead weight on your roster that you're never going to play, fine. Also, don't freak out if you have a few players on bye the same week. Don't chance screwing up your roster for the rest of the season for one game, just take the one week hit and move on with the roster you want the rest of the year.

If you don't have any dead weight, roll with the kicker on bye. The difference between Tucker and Nugent is about 2.5 pts per game right now.

One more thing, but you may already know this. Whenever you use waivers, it drops you back down to the bottom of the list, so the next time or several you try to make a claim, you have a bunch of people ahead of you in the queue.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Man I need some luck, need Dan Bailey to score 7 points or fewer tonight so I can hold on to a win. Everyone try to curse Bailey for me :andy:
Reply/Quote
Julio oh Julio. Completely depleted Pack secondary. 5 points.
Reply/Quote
Who would you rather have in free agency....The Bears RB Howard with over 500 yards rushing....or Jets WR Enunwa or Chargers WR Benjamin with 500 yards receiving each ???......

I'm trying to get the RB.....It just seems RB's on pace to have a 1,000 yard rushing season are very rare. ...I know he has a bye week this week, but that does not change him on pace for a 1,000 yard rushing season...I feel if I land him, it is a good pick-up for my bench this week and in future.

I'm trying to drop WR- Enunwa, RB- Thompson, K-Nugent and add Rivers target WR-Williams, RB-Howard, TE-Pitta

So the question is dropping Enunwa or going after Benjamin, but Howard on pace for 1,000 yards seems worth trying to add.

Oh, I lost by 6 points...adding Nugent and his lousy 3 points was better than zero, but nothing compared to other teams Gostlowski of 13 points. It will be good to have Tucker back in as my starter and Nuge gone....OK, I lost TE Henry, but this Howard seems like a great addition IF I can get him.......I started weak at RB, but this would give me a RB stable of Hill, Ajayi, Howard and West, which isn't bad at mid season. RB would no longer be my weak area with this bunch....I can live with Miller and Pitta at TE.....WR would be Marshall, Fizgerald, Britt, Williams....QBs Dalton and Wilson.....and Seattle defense. Tucker as kicker. ...I like the idea of locking and loading at RB at mid season with 4 guys on pace for 1, 000 yard seasons.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 07:04 AM)kevin Wrote: Who would you rather have in free agency....The Bears RB Howard with over 500 yards rushing....or Jets WR Enunwa or Chargers WR Benjamin with 500 yards receiving each ???......

I'm trying to get the RB.....It just seems RB's on pace to have a 1,000 yard rushing season are very rare. ...I know he has a bye week this week, but that does not change him on pace for a 1,000 yard rushing season...I feel if I land him, it is a good pick-up for my bench this week and in future.

I'm trying to drop WR- Enunwa, RB- Thompson, K-Nugent and add Rivers target WR-Williams, RB-Howard, TE-Pitta

So the question is dropping Enunwa or going after Benjamin, but Howard on pace for 1,000 yards seems worth trying to add.

Oh, I lost by 6 points...adding Nugent and his lousy 3 points was better than zero, but nothing compared to other teams Gostlowski of 13 points. It will be good to have Tucker back in as my starter and Nuge gone....OK, I lost TE Henry, but this Howard seems like a great addition IF I can get him.......I started weak at RB, but this would give me a RB stable of Hill, Ajayi, Howard and West, which isn't bad at mid season. RB would no longer be my weak area with this bunch....I can live with Miller and Pitta at TE.....WR would be Marshall, Fizgerald, Britt, Williams....QBs Dalton and Wilson.....and Seattle defense. Tucker as kicker. ...I like the idea of locking and loading at RB at mid season with 4 guys on pace for 1, 000 yard seasons.
Howard's a decent pick up. I've had him for awhile now, but I've benched him the past couple of weeks. He was really good last night.

You can also look into charcandrick west... Spencer Ware got a concussion last week you know how that goes. You'll have to watch that though. I imagine he's gone on waivers tomorrow. I know I'm trying to get him, as I have one healthy RB in Ajayi this week.

You have to remember that football is a week to week sport. You may be stacked at RB one week, then have nothing the following week because someone got hurt or a team starts giving another guy a lot of touches.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 08:47 AM)jason Wrote: Howard's a decent pick up. I've had him for awhile now, but I've benched him the past couple of weeks. He was really good last night.

You can also look into charcandrick west... Spencer Ware got a concussion last week you know how that goes. You'll have to watch that though. I imagine he's gone on waivers tomorrow. I know I'm trying to get him, as I have one healthy RB in Ajayi this week.

You have to remember that football is a week to week sport. You may be stacked at RB one week, then have nothing the following week because someone got hurt or a team starts giving another guy a lot of touches.

Someone else got Howard over me...I did drop Nugent and RB Thompson for TE Pitta and WR Williams.....Could see no other top FA RB....but saw I had a bye week shortage week 11 at WR.....So Enunwa who I tried to drop for Howard, I dropped for Crowder and Redskins passing looked good to me....This eliminates bye week problems rest of year for me ...I'm going to keep an eye on TE Davis who looked good against Bengals.  If they start getting him the ball, the old vet looks good to me. I need to see if he gets the ball next week or two and moves up in passes caught. Cousins can hit these pass catchers. Gruden has a decent offense.  Plus Bengals pass rush never got to Cousins and very good pass blocking. Redskins may have some good FA pick-ups for teams needing depth.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well...

This is the week where I secure head coach and executive if the year.

I have 3 guys on bye (Dalton. Green, & Howard). Jaquizz Rogers?... Out. Spencer Ware?.. In the concussion protocol. Ty Montgomery?... Oh yeah. His sickle cell is acting up.

My last 3-4 weeks if waiver pick ups Charcandrick West and Ajayi, along with Allen Robinson's return to form (I can hope) will carry me through.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 09:38 PM)jason Wrote: Well...

This is the week where I secure head coach and executive if the year.

I have 3 guys on bye (Dalton. Green, & Howard). Jaquizz Rogers?... Out. Spencer Ware?.. In the concussion protocol. Ty Montgomery?... Oh yeah. His sickle cell is acting up.

My last 3-4 weeks if waiver pick ups Charcandrick West and Ajayi, along with Allen Robinson's return to form (I can hope) will carry me through.

I think you will be ok with those players!
Reply/Quote
Jordan Reed on bye, do I start Hunter Henry or pick up Ebron?

Edit: went to grab Ebron and he was just taken, just my luck. Hope Henry gets me a TD
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 11:39 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Jordan Reed on bye, do I start Hunter Henry or pick up Ebron?

Edit: went to grab Ebron and he was just taken, just my luck. Hope Henry gets me a TD

Id say Henry anyway
Reply/Quote
I need some TE depth (Kyle Rudolph is falling off) who should I target on the waiver wire... Zack Miller, CJ Fiedorowicz, or this Kendricks clown from the Rams? I'd be giving up Charcandrick West.

Also I feel my team needs a little more explosion. Mariota has been available all year. Should I drop Phillip Rivers for him? I still have Andy Dalton.... Russell Wilson is also available.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote